GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

Lifetime is making a true crime movie on it called ‘Hoax: The Kidnapping of Sherri Papini’. The case's actual details were unearthed six years later when a deacon in the sheriff’s church was asked about the Bible verse tattooed on Sherri Panini’s shoulder. The deacon stated, "And so I told him it's Exodus 21:16, and it says something to the effect of 'if anyone has kidnapped someone, they should be put to death'." The verse inked onto Sherri's shoulder raised even more suspicions — it seemed like a bizarre coincidence that she would have this verse tattooed on her body, especially after claiming to have been kidnapped by two women. So the sheriff decided to investigate her story.

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 27 (UPI) -- Jaime King plays Sherri Papini, who was convicted in 2022 of faking her own kidnapping in 2016 in the Lifetime movie, Sherri Papini: I Kidnapped Myself, premiering Saturday at 8 p.m. EST on Lifetime.

King said she felt media coverage of Papini's case neglected to examine Papini's mental health issues and abusive past. The film shows Keith Pappini (Matt Hamilton) describing Sherri's anxiety, saying she cried when overwhelmed.

This is good -- how many times do we see this with big ego, arrogant, perps:

"She answered questions not asked [by investigators] to control the narrative."

I wondered what had happened to her forum. I couldn't find it when I searched Websleuths for updates. I thought that WS decided to take down her forum when she turned up. In my opinion, she's the original Gone Girl.

Lifetime is making a true crime movie on it called ‘Hoax: The Kidnapping of Sherri Papini’. The case's actual details were unearthed six years later when a deacon in the sheriff’s church was asked about the Bible verse tattooed on Sherri Panini’s shoulder. The deacon stated, "And so I told him it's Exodus 21:16, and it says something to the effect of 'if anyone has kidnapped someone, they should be put to death'." The verse inked onto Sherri's shoulder raised even more suspicions — it seemed like a bizarre coincidence that she would have this verse tattooed on her body, especially after claiming to have been kidnapped by two women. So the sheriff decided to investigate her story.

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 27 (UPI) -- Jaime King plays Sherri Papini, who was convicted in 2022 of faking her own kidnapping in 2016 in the Lifetime movie, Sherri Papini: I Kidnapped Myself, premiering Saturday at 8 p.m. EST on Lifetime.

King said she felt media coverage of Papini's case neglected to examine Papini's mental health issues and abusive past. The film shows Keith Pappini (Matt Hamilton) describing Sherri's anxiety, saying she cried when overwhelmed.

I just saw her back in the news the other day. I figured something like this was coming. Oh Sherri, with the "signature" long blonde hair, you never cease to amaze. :rolleyes: If anyone needs acting lessons, and/or tips on becoming an accomplished liar, just pull up her interviews with LE (after she was "found"). Her poor husband appeared to be so clueless, and still head over heals, that I felt sorry for him. o_O

She reported to prison on 11/8/22 - so her release date after serving 18 months would be 5/8/24.
Federal inmates get credit for good behavior which shaves off about 15% of the sentence.

1 result found.

Name: SHERRI PAPINI
Register Number: 89446-509
Race: White
Sex: Female
Release Date: 02/11/2024
Located At: FCI Victorville Medium

The movie was crap IMO. They seemed to paint her as an over-whelmed mom trying to be perfect b/c her husband was kind of bossy and that’s why she did it. Not b/c she was a lying liar. They didn’t even get her hair right. They didn’t do a good job recreating anything we’ve seen on video—police questioning at the station or her home.

The movie was crap IMO. They seemed to paint her as an over-whelmed mom trying to be perfect b/c her husband was kind of bossy and that’s why she did it. Not b/c she was a lying liar. They didn’t even get her hair right. They didn’t do a good job recreating anything we’ve seen on video—police questioning at the station or her home.
I almost responded to the original post saying I hope they don't paint her as some victim, because she's not. She's the criminal. And she is loving this attention. It's why she did it to begin with! I hate the passes people like her get. Just enables the behavior even more. Time for her to be forgotten. She turns my stomach.

Wow. Thank you for the synopsis. As if there would be any reason for her to do what she did! I don’t believe for a second that her husband was bossy…

Thanks for confirming. I saw a sound clip yesterday from interview the actor playing SP gave and that's exactly what I feared. Actor was worked up about how SP's mental illness was ignored by LE and the media! :rolleyes:

Thanks for confirming. I saw a sound clip yesterday from interview the actor playing SP gave and that's exactly what I feared. Actor was worked up about how SP's mental illness was ignored by LE and the media! :rolleyes:
I just read a short interview with her. Ok fair enough clearly SP has issues, as does really everyone at times in their lives. But what about the fact that she would have been willing to let her ex-boyfriend get arrested and charged with the crime? And all the planning and lying for years and years? No, I’m sorry. She is not the victim in this story. If she was unhappy with her life she could have told her family and friends and left for a break or whatever.

I just read a short interview with her. Ok fair enough clearly SP has issues, as does really everyone at times in their lives. But what about the fact that she would have been willing to let her ex-boyfriend get arrested and charged with the crime? And all the planning and lying for years and years? No, I’m sorry. She is not the victim in this story. If she was unhappy with her life she could have told her family and friends and left for a break or whatever.
True. I also think she's lucky she wasn't charged with a hate crime. Her description of her capturers was very target specific-- including tortured by the food and music! How many Hispanic women did she endanger?

True. I also think she's lucky she wasn't charged with a hate crime. Her description of her capturers was very target specific-- including tortured by the food and music! How many Hispanic women did she endanger?
Exactly! That's what angers me the most. The unfair targeting of a group that she's bigoted against.

Absolutely.

This was not an overwhelmed mum who cracked under the pressure of chasing perfection in a social and media landscape that hawks the myth of "having it all" while rarely showing the tolls that myth takes on so many.

This was someone who had lied and sought attention her whole life, without any regard for the costs to others, and herself. Her story of the kidnapping was both ridiculous and deeply offensive, targeting precisely the communities she had apparently long maligned, and endangering the well-being of her actual "captor."

She fundraised off this slew of dangerous lies. And then, without shame, she lied her way into benefits designed for genuine survivors and thereby made shallower an already shallow pool.

Mentally ill SP may have been, but enabled was she also -- not only by family but by her own inflated sense of self and entitlement.

Where would it have ended?

I've heard this described as a "victimless crime" -- but it isn't. Many were harmed by her actions, and while we might empathize with her as a sufferer of some form(s) of mental illness, we don't need to excuse her clearly criminal behaviour.

IMO, bien sur.

I recall at the time it was going on, not a single person I knew, believed her story when she miraculously returned. There were a few here, but for the most part, almost no one believed her. That said, if even 1 person believed what she said, she SHOULD have actually been charged with a hate crime due to her racism against the Hispanic community. She desperately wanted people to believe it was 2 Hispanic women who did this to her. She should be reaping the rewards of her efforts with a racially motivated hate crime charge.

jmo

I truly hope the family courts do the right thing and keep her away from those kids. Any person sick enough to do what she did is at high risk, IMO, of harming her kids for attention. Or of harming them due to exposure to her dramatic antics.

She should have supervised visits only. Permanently.
Yes. Someone who is actually a good mother who cared about her kids wouldn't have put them through all that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back