CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
What caught my attention, was that JK telling the TPS he was far removed from the business, and Jack Kay and Alex Glassenberg were the ones to speak with. Yet these are the two gentlemen that JK wanted to fire. It seems odd to me if you know little about Apotex, and the two guys who know
supposedly he wants to fire. In fact he did fire Jack Kay.

JS must have some significant knowledge about the business, if he felt Jack Kay was not suitable to run the business and had to be fired.
As long as Barry and his people were running Apotex, the company was not going to be sold. Yet we know that is what JS wanted.

I agree. I’d love to read the full context of the questions he was asked during his police interview and JS telling them to talk to Kay and Glasenberg. I would think they’d all have known the situation with Apotex.

At that point did the investigators know about the the price-fixing scandal while talking with Jonathon? And about him declining to meet with his dad to discuss Apotex?

And remember the stand-off between investigators and Apotex over searching Barry’s office. That went on for weeks.

At the time of the murders they had:
-The TEVA pillow-talk scandal
- 2nd round of layoffs about to happen
-tensions between Barry and Jonathon/Adam: called in their loans
-lobbying probe
-price-fixing investigation
-new regulations that could affect Apotex’s profits
-Barry may not have known it yet, but his CANNTRUST deal was set to combust

Jonathon had to have known, imo.

Okay, we have a motive(s) and possibly a strong POI. The next challenge is to determine if that POI had the means and method to commit the crime.
As well some sleuthers believe, possibly that this POI was either physically or virtually at the Old Colony home during the crime.

This POI has presented evidence of an alibi that he was not physically near Old Colony during the crime timeline. The next step is to independently verify or contradict this evidence, or establish there was some sort of virtual presence.

The TPS will find it extremely difficult if not impossible to contradict this evidence without a human witness.

Related to this I would be extremely interested in everything that went on ( Meetings, itineraries, money transfers) when the the POI was in Japan. When I hear Bitcoin trading, I am very aware that currency is used to finance nefarious activities. Was normal currency used to acquire Bitcoins then the Bitcoins used to make a payment?

I agree about the personal relationship motive. Because of the line of succession being so much money and the detailed staging. Only an expert/serial killer with lots of experience would leave such a clean crime scene. Possibly a contracted assassin instructed to not make a mess and leave blood splatter, etc. Bullets can be evidence so the ligature was chosen out of necessity. Also them mirroring their own sculptures makes a mockery of their lifestyle, taste, style and collector status. Seems like a jealous person with a methodical eye and OCD. Someone who enjoys the art of the kill and antagonizing investigators. They didn't take the bodies/evidence of how they were killed. They didn't destroy that evidence. Possibly out of respect for the family and the tradition of a Jewish burial. Took their lives but allowed for bodies to be mourned over and be layed to rest. If the motive was competition in the big pharma world, they probably would've taken the bodies and destroyed all evidence via cremation, dismemberment, sacrifice, torture, etc. Probably didn't drive there because the car would've been seen in surveillance on the block. I imagine them waiting behind a bush in the front yard to follow as they walked in the door or jumped the fence and let themselves in the back. They knew there was an alarm that would probably be set at night so coming in as it was disengaged was clearly thought out. Most intruders come in when people are sleeping to surprise them before they get to their gun safe. But this expert knew their schedule and considered the alarm ahead of time. The pool placement and matching Canadian Tire belts around their necks are curious too. The pool being the most remote place in the house, it would allow for more time to pass before they're discovered by hired help. More time to distance themselves from the scene before TPS discovered the victims. Lights were off but pool lights were on. Probably was plenty of light to stage a crime scene. The fact that their wrists were tied seems like they were threatened with a gun to comply, then strangled and moved downstairs after they were deceased. One by one. I feel like Honey was a liability and was killed as a result of being home before the main target was, Barry. And she could've continued her husband's affairs after he died. Someone wanted control of everything and to punish them for their excess. There's definitely a financial motive and also a lot of revenge. But they gave the family their Jewish burial. Almost like they didn't want to deal with the consequences of their actions and dispose of their crimes. They wanted everyone to see what happens when you're rich and powerful. Not in an antisemitic way but a 'you have too much' and I don't kind of way.

Hi Dana, welcome to the Board!
A couple of points:
- we don't know if the crime scene was left "clean". The killers could have left significant clues or DNA evidence. TPS has never revealed what they recovered from the crime scene. We do know that the PI team stated that they found evidence at the crime scene that TPS has missed, and that they felt TPS had not done a thorough and professional job (I am paraphrasing) in processing the crime scene. So that leads me to wonder if in fact there was evidence left at the crime scene.
- we don't know if their alarm was ever set on the day of the murders (that I recall anyways) It has been reported that the alarm was set when the service people arrived at the house on the Friday morning.
- their wrists were not tied when they were found. It has been reported that there is evidence that their wrists were bound at some point however.
- I doubt they were killed in another location in the house. Moving dead bodies would seem like an unnecessary job when you could make the victims walk to the pool area. Plus Barry was seemingly accosted or met the attackers when he entered the house in the hallway from the garage directly outside the pool area.
- HS was in no way involves with Apotex, and I doubt that anyone knowledgeable would have assumed she would be activel involved in managing the business after BS was deceased.

I agree that it appears that these killings were in many ways all about control- from the method of killing to the financial implications that resulted from the murders.

I agree about the personal relationship motive. Because of the line of succession being so much money and the detailed staging. Only an expert/serial killer with lots of experience would leave such a clean crime scene. Possibly a contracted assassin instructed to not make a mess and leave blood splatter, etc. Bullets can be evidence so the ligature was chosen out of necessity. Also them mirroring their own sculptures makes a mockery of their lifestyle, taste, style and collector status. Seems like a jealous person with a methodical eye and OCD. Someone who enjoys the art of the kill and antagonizing investigators. They didn't take the bodies/evidence of how they were killed. They didn't destroy that evidence. Possibly out of respect for the family and the tradition of a Jewish burial. Took their lives but allowed for bodies to be mourned over and be layed to rest. If the motive was competition in the big pharma world, they probably would've taken the bodies and destroyed all evidence via cremation, dismemberment, sacrifice, torture, etc. Probably didn't drive there because the car would've been seen in surveillance on the block. I imagine them waiting behind a bush in the front yard to follow as they walked in the door or jumped the fence and let themselves in the back. They knew there was an alarm that would probably be set at night so coming in as it was disengaged was clearly thought out. Most intruders come in when people are sleeping to surprise them before they get to their gun safe. But this expert knew their schedule and considered the alarm ahead of time. The pool placement and matching Canadian Tire belts around their necks are curious too. The pool being the most remote place in the house, it would allow for more time to pass before they're discovered by hired help. More time to distance themselves from the scene before TPS discovered the victims. Lights were off but pool lights were on. Probably was plenty of light to stage a crime scene. The fact that their wrists were tied seems like they were threatened with a gun to comply, then strangled and moved downstairs after they were deceased. One by one. I feel like Honey was a liability and was killed as a result of being home before the main target was, Barry. And she could've continued her husband's affairs after he died. Someone wanted control of everything and to punish them for their excess. There's definitely a financial motive and also a lot of revenge. But they gave the family their Jewish burial. Almost like they didn't want to deal with the consequences of their actions and dispose of their crimes. They wanted everyone to see what happens when you're rich and powerful. Not in an antisemitic way but a 'you have too much' and I don't kind of way.

Hi Dana, welcome to the Board!
A couple of points:
- we don't know if the crime scene was left "clean". The killers could have left significant clues or DNA evidence. TPS has never revealed what they recovered from the crime scene. We do know that the PI team stated that they found evidence at the crime scene that TPS has missed, and that they felt TPS had not done a thorough and professional job (I am paraphrasing) in processing the crime scene. So that leads me to wonder if in fact there was evidence left at the crime scene.
- we don't know if their alarm was ever set on the day of the murders (that I recall anyways) It has been reported that the alarm was set when the service people arrived at the house on the Friday morning.
- their wrists were not tied when they were found. It has been reported that there is evidence that their wrists were bound at some point however.
- I doubt they were killed in another location in the house. Moving dead bodies would seem like an unnecessary job when you could make the victims walk to the pool area. Plus Barry was seemingly accosted or met the attackers when he entered the house in the hallway from the garage directly outside the pool area.
- HS was in no way involved with Apotex, and I doubt that anyone knowledgeable would have assumed she would be activel involved in managing the business after BS was deceased.

I agree that it appears that these killings were in many ways all about control- from the method of killing to the financial implications that resulted from the murders.

No doubt members of the Sherman family are watching the Roger's family struggles in the media.

Greed and the pursuit of Power can polarize family members.
And possibly vice versa, better call Saul! imo, speculation

Rogers ‘family feud’ comes at a surprising time, experts say — and now Toronto’s mayor is acting as mediator
By Christine Dobby
Oct. 20, 2021 ribm. imo, speculation.
Ted Rogers was fixated on the legacy of his family business at a young age. His own entrepreneurial father had died young and Rogers, who founded the Toronto-based telecom and media juggernaut Rogers Communications Inc., worked to ensure his family remained in control long after his death in 2008.

Now, a remarkable fight between one of Canada’s richest families is playing out on the front pages as his son Edward Rogers tries to assert more influence over the company. The mayor of Toronto has even been called in to mediate.''

2019 By Anne Kingston ribm.
Barry and Honey Sherman murders' newest twist: family and police join forces - Macleans.ca
'' Their privilege also saw them enlisting prominent family friends, including Toronto Mayor John Tory and Senator Linda Frum, to convey their concerns about the investigation to police.''

Not sure this link will work for everyone, but the Toronto Star asked me if I wanted updates on the Sherman murders. I am not a subscriber, and question how long this free offer will last, but I said yes. How did they know that I was even interested in the Sherman murders, or was that just a random question. hmm.

Star newsletters and email alerts

Not sure this link will work for everyone, but the Toronto Star asked me if I wanted updates on the Sherman murders. I am not a subscriber, and question how long this free offer will last, but I said yes. How did they know that I was even interested in the Sherman murders, or was that just a random question. hmm.

I am a full print edition subscriber, but rarely read their newsletters and alerts. Did they ask you about any other issues or stories, or just the Shermans alone?

They maybe polling to see if the Sherman story still has interest with the readers, and should they keep Donovan covering it.

I'm not seeing the word 'free' anywhere?

I am a full print edition subscriber, but rarely read their newsletters and alerts. Did they ask you about any other issues or stories, or just the Shermans alone?

They maybe polling to see if the Sherman story still has interest with the readers, and should they keep Donovan covering it.

You got to check on thr Sherman case for notification.

Question for the Ontario legal experts.

It is my belief that if I am heir to the murder victim, I will receive my inheritance, as long as it cannot be proven that I participated or committed the crime. If many years pass before I am even charged, will the Courts freeze the assets until a a trial and verdict?

Not Sherman related, but hey- on the other hand, KD could have had important notes about the case in the car!
Nov 13 2021
Kevin Donovan’s car was stolen from his driveway in Toronto. It was tracked to a Halifax port, bound for the Middle East
''My blue Toyota Highlander SUV was in our driveway in Toronto at 3:01 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 30.

At 3:02 a.m. someone used a high-tech device to unlock the door and start the engine. The thief backed the Toyota out of the driveway and headed up the street, just over a kilometre, past our local high school, and turned right after some train tracks. Most likely the thief had a buddy in a second vehicle who dropped him at our house, then shadowed him up the road.''

Not Sherman related, but hey- on the other hand, KD could have had important notes about the case in the car!
Nov 13 2021
Kevin Donovan’s car was stolen from his driveway in Toronto. It was tracked to a Halifax port, bound for the Middle East
''My blue Toyota Highlander SUV was in our driveway in Toronto at 3:01 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 30.

At 3:02 a.m. someone used a high-tech device to unlock the door and start the engine. The thief backed the Toyota out of the driveway and headed up the street, just over a kilometre, past our local high school, and turned right after some train tracks. Most likely the thief had a buddy in a second vehicle who dropped him at our house, then shadowed him up the road.''

Article paywalled.. Was his car recovered before it was shipped overseas? I hope so... I've read about people having devices to unlock doors and start engines without the owner's fob. Scary stuff...

I'd be curious to know what the relationship between JS and KW was. Obviously, animosity from KW to BS and HS, but what about with JS personally?

Just curious, of course.

Nov 13 2021

:eek: "port, bound to Middle East"??

I'd be curious to know what the relationship between JS and KW was. Obviously, animosity from KW to BS and HS, but what about with JS personally?

Just curious, of course.
JS seems to be $$greedy, so I can't imagine a moral or an emotional match between JS and this relative. It's JS' past, when his father betrayed the heirs of his uncle or didn't, and it would not have affected JS further, IMO.

JS seems to be $$greedy, so I can't imagine a moral or an emotional match between JS and this relative. It's JS' past, when his father betrayed the heirs of his uncle or didn't, and it would not have affected JS further, IMO.
“It is unfortunate that in most cases when the sins of the father fall on the son it is because unlike God, people refuse to forgive and forget and heap past wrongs upon innocent generations.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama