Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am more surprised it took him two to three days to report it than I am about the inaccuracy of the description. I really don't get it.

But I wasn't there and hindsight is 20/20
It's really baffling. I wonder which way the witness was driving? Either way they weren't far from the RCMP station, sounds like about 20 mins or so. If the witness was driving away from HJ, it becomes even more desolate. I'd be worried about these guys following me so I'd head to HJ and either call 911 or go to the RCMP.

Unless they really didn't believe what they were seeing until they saw further reports about the 2 murders.

So I did some looking and it appears Cabela's sells those "new" SKS rifles as old guns cleaned up and re-skinned with that black composite making them "refurbished" respectively. As was mentioned by @1987 I don't think the black gun was new either. It was "new-ish" but not brand new. As for the older one. I'm wondering if Kam didn't buy both of these guns. I can't help but think perhaps maybe that old clunky gun was his and it had some sentimental value. He then bought the black one for Bryer. Maybe Bryer even spent the last of his money on it or met Kam half way. I could agree with that being Bryer's last name as well. I do still think that's an unfinsihed Swastika on the one side. I can somewhat make out Schmegelksy, especially on the one side it does look like it was going to be a Swastika or a lightning bolt and it more resembles the Roman letter "S" hence the slight curve in it. Maybe it was going to be a combination of both? Bryer spelling his last name with the S being replaced by a lightning bolt or a Swastika even? I'll attach another photo of what I could make out. Again, it's still very subjective. Also note: I flipped the photos back the way they originally were so the barrel is facing right and the stock is facing left.

P.S. For what it's worth, here's Schmegelsky in Ukrainian: Шмегельський

Attachments

• gunetching3 (2).jpg
    gunetching3 (2).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 73
  • gunetching (2).jpg
    gunetching (2).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 60
So I did some looking and it appears Cabela's sells those "new" SKS rifles as old guns cleaned up and re-skinned with that black composite making them "refurbished" respectively. As was mentioned by @1987 I don't think the black gun was new either. It was "new-ish" but not brand new. As for the older one. I'm wondering if Kam didn't buy both of these guns. I can't help but think perhaps maybe that old clunky gun was his and it had some sentimental value. He then bought the black one for Bryer. Maybe Bryer even spent the last of his money on it or met Kam half way. I could agree with that being Bryer's last name as well. I do still think that's an unfinsihed Swastika on the one side. I can somewhat make out Schmegelksy, especially on the one side it does look like it was going to be a Swastika or a lightning bolt and it more resembles the Roman letter "S" hence the slight curve in it. Maybe it was going to be a combination of both? Bryer spelling his last name with the S being replaced by a lightning bolt or a Swastika even? I'll attach another photo of what I could make out. Again, it's still very subjective. Also note: I flipped the photos back the way they originally were so the barrel is facing right and the stock is facing left.

P.S. For what it's worth, here's Schmegelsky in Ukrainian: Шмегельський
Any idea what the one purchased at Cabela's would sell for (since you were checking)? I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to guns ... o_O

It's really baffling. I wonder which way the witness was driving? Either way they weren't far from the RCMP station, sounds like about 20 mins or so. If the witness was driving away from HJ, it becomes even more desolate. I'd be worried about these guys following me so I'd head to HJ and either call 911 or go to the RCMP.

Unless they really didn't believe what they were seeing until they saw further reports about the 2 murders.

I hadn’t realized that incident happened so close to an RCMP station. Yes, it is odd it took so long to report it but it’s such a messed up thing. It’s possible they were in shock. Maybe the person thought they wouldn’t be believed. Maybe they were so tired they didn’t believe it...
Either way that person is really lucky they got out in time.

I hadn’t realized that incident happened so close to an RCMP station. Yes, it is odd it took so long to report it but it’s such a messed up thing. It’s possible they were in shock. Maybe the person thought they wouldn’t be believed. Maybe they were so tired they didn’t believe it...
Either way that person is really lucky they got out in time.

It's not that crazy a thing. If it happened to me, the first thing I would believe is I was going to get robbed. I would be worried that they would attack someone else and report it ASAP. JMO.

But it's easy to say from the comfort of my home, I know.

I must constantly remind myself that these guys murdered three innocents in cold blood, execution-style, like in a video game they were acting out. Whatever personas they presented to family etc were certainly not who they believed themselves to be in their own sick minds.

It's not that crazy a thing. If it happened to me, the first thing I would believe is I was going to get robbed. I would be worried that they would attack someone else and report it ASAP. JMO.

But it's easy to say from the comfort of my home, I know.
And maybe the person didn't realize it was a gun? If they knew it was a gun, I really don't get the not reporting it asap thing. Even in shock, it just doesn't make sense. You'd head to safety right? Maybe they were tourists and didn't know an RCMP station was close by but they had to know the town of HJ was close, because they either just passed it or were heading towards it. I really want to go look at this spot where it supposedly happened. Curious about how big of a pullout it is and if it's used much.

Absolutely true! I think I was assuming that since we all initially heard Bryer might have built the older gun, but really the RCMP has no idea where that gun came from.

Not necessary to buy an old gun like this. There's plenty of old, mangled, unlicensed firearms stored in basements, sheds etc that come from deceased family members, perhaps even left to young family members to keep the guns in the family. Swapping or trading is then a real possibility.

Not necessary to buy an old gun like this. There's plenty of old, mangled, unlicensed firearms stored in basements, sheds etc that come from deceased family members, perhaps even left to young family members to keep the guns in the family. Swapping or trading is then a real possibility.
Maybe Mr. Gramma's old forgotten about gun?

Maybe Mr. Gramma's old forgotten about gun?

Hard to say. Possession is often quite secretive as well. Not long ago, I found a couple of rusty oldies in a seldom-used basement closet that were bequeathed to my sons like they were precious family heirlooms. When no male in the house would take responsibility for them, I bequeathed them to the RCMP, because my job was at risk.

Not necessary to buy an old gun like this. There's plenty of old, mangled, unlicensed firearms stored in basements, sheds etc that come from deceased family members, perhaps even left to young family members to keep the guns in the family. Swapping or trading is then a real
This is true.... though I wish the police had been able to trace where this gun came from.

This is true.... though I wish the police had been able to trace where this gun came from.

Unfortunately, nearly impossible to trace without proof of registration or a serial number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012