Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really baffling. I wonder which way the witness was driving? Either way they weren't far from the RCMP station, sounds like about 20 mins or so. If the witness was driving away from HJ, it becomes even more desolate. I'd be worried about these guys following me so I'd head to HJ and either call 911 or go to the RCMP.

Unless they really didn't believe what they were seeing until they saw further reports about the 2 murders.
In a related post, you mention that maybe the person didn't know the RCMP station was close. I wonder if that might get added to the list of things that might get looked at in an inquiry; some way of posting locations of RCMP stations. In a part of the country where there is little or no cell service, no 911, it would make sense to have RCMP addresses or something like that visible...

I feel stupid, but I thought they were done investigating?
I think they have reached a conclusion based on evidence, but RCMP still has some toes in the water. Toxicology hasn't come back, times of deaths, etc. And, with guns being such a huge issue in Canada, I'd bet someone is following up on it. The gun or parts of the gun may have been used in other crimes, and that has to get looked into.

In a related post, you mention that maybe the person didn't know the RCMP station was close. I wonder if that might get added to the list of things that might get looked at in an inquiry; some way of posting locations of RCMP stations. In a part of the country where there is little or no cell service, no 911, it would make sense to have RCMP addresses or something like that visible...

Where would it be posted? The places where someone would need to know the address would be so random? Or do you mean online? If people don't have access to the wifi, they can't really look it up.

The lack of cell phone coverage is an issue, but not for 3 days anyways.

Where would it be posted? The places where someone would need to know the address would be so random? Or do you mean online? If people don't have access to the wifi, they can't really look it up.

The lack of cell phone coverage is an issue, but not for 3 days anyways.
I would imagine at the pull-outs and along the highway, even something like:
You're 1 mile away from RCMP
I don't know, something...

And I didn't mean lack of cell service accounts for the call coming 3 days later. I'd imagine I wouldn't quite believe what I saw if it was me, then hearing about it on the news, I'd be like holy EFFF!

Maybe a sign at the pull-out would have helped the potential victim...

We only just recently got 9-1-1 service throughout the territory! Pretty unreal eh? Of course you need cell service to use it. I wonder if there is cell service at that spot.

And I think there are signs about RCMP but they might be closer to towns. I will look at that next time I'm in the area. It's a good point though.

I think they'll find where it came from. It might take a while though.

Perhaps there will be further charges laid. If Bryer put the rifle together, he must have had assistance, unless he came into possession with the gun intact. My apologies if this has been discussed in a previous thread.

I’ll be interested to see the toxicology results. Total speculation on my part but I’d be surprised if KM and BS weren’t on drugs. You’d have to be out of your mind to do what they did and think you’re going to escape by hijacking a boat to Europe or Africa. Not to mention the sheer amount of driving they did because if they were sharing the driving it’s still a lot of road covered but it seems like Kam was always behind the wheel.

Perhaps there will be further charges laid. If Bryer put the rifle together, he must have had assistance, unless he came into possession with the gun intact. My apologies if this has been discussed in a previous thread.

TBH I doubt Bryer actually put it together himself. I think maybe that was one theory the RCMP mentioned and somehow it got misinterpreted by either Alan's lawyer or the reporter as "that is what happened."

Reasons why I think it's unlikely:
a) The report said they don't know where it came from, so how would they know if he put it together?

b) While I can imagine Bryer being into the concept of building his own gun, I can't imagine him actually succeeding at it. These guys failed at life in general.

c) The older SKS rifles are often made of different parts and can be obtained very easily for cheap (about $200).

d) Private sellers often sell guns without following proper procedure. It's even possible Kam bought the gun since he had a PAL -- why risk a weapons charge for Bryer if Kam could get it legally? -- and the seller just never bothered to deal with the paperwork. (Although people who know more about Canadian gun laws, your insight is much appreciated on this topic!)

I’ll be interested to see the toxicology results. Total speculation on my part but I’d be surprised if KM and BS weren’t on drugs. You’d have to be out of your mind to do what they did and think you’re going to escape by hijacking a boat to Europe or Africa. Not to mention the sheer amount of driving they did because if they were sharing the driving it’s still a lot of road covered but it seems like Kam was always behind the wheel.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. It fits the profile of disorganized killers. The amount of driving Kam did points in that direction. I don't think Bryer did any of the driving.

I'm not sure how serious they were being with the boat comment though.

Well they were out of their minds one way or another. In all seriousness though, I’m with you, I’d be very surprised if drugs were not involved. JMO

A family member of mine who is a nurse even said without knowing who he was, or what he had one at the time said in the meadow lake footage she thought Kam looked like he was high.

TBH I doubt Bryer actually put it together himself. I think maybe that was one theory the RCMP mentioned and somehow it got misinterpreted by either Alan's lawyer or the reporter as "that is what happened."

Reasons why I think it's unlikely:
a) The report said they don't know where it came from, so how would they know if he put it together?

b) While I can imagine Bryer being into the concept of building his own gun, I can't imagine him actually succeeding at it. These guys failed at life in general.

c) The older SKS rifles are often made of different parts and can be obtained very easily for cheap (about $200).

d) Private sellers often sell guns without following proper procedure. It's even possible Kam bought the gun since he had a PAL -- why risk a weapons charge for Bryer if Kam could get it legally? -- and the seller just never bothered to deal with the paperwork. (Although people who know more about Canadian gun laws, your insight is much appreciated on this topic!)

The families of Kam and Bryer must have been the first to be investigated for possession of firearms, whether legal or illegal. My previous example demonstrates how someone can have illegal firearms on their property, and be completely unaware. Although my husband was once a hunter, he is no longer, and currently owns no firearms whatsoever. The guns actually came from my side of the family, and although neither myself nor my sons are interested in carrying on the familial gun tradition, they ended up in my basement, along with several other items from the 'inheritance' that were stored away together.

These are the Canadian gun laws for your perusal. Apparently the Canadian Firearms Act came into being in 1995.

Fact Sheets concerning the Firearms Act - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

I don't believe any of this was planned. I think these were two teens who were depressed, with circumstances we don't know leading up to leaving. There is no indication that the rifle bought from Cabela wasn't intended to be used for hunting. Anything could have triggered these two from the time they left to when they came across Lucas's and Chynna's van. It doesn't diminish their responsibility but it also doesn't imply either of these two was a distinct leader.
The rifle for hunting could easily be proved or disproved by checking to see if Kam had a hunting license or hunting 'tags' for the Yukon or northern BC for that matter. You can't just go into the woods in BC or Yukon and kill an animal, there are rules and regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member