Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #6 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the description of DM and Suspect #2 from May 10

2) male white, 5’9” to 5’10” , small to medium build, early to mid 20’s, dark hair, wearing a red hooded sweatshirt with hood up over his head.

http://www.cjbk.com/LocalNews/story.aspx?ID=1958274

It's so puzzling. The police have stated that this guy and 1 or 2 others besides do constitute a danger to the public. Nevertheless the only description available is a generic suggestion of a slenderish young white guy of medium height who could, at this point, be anywhere in the entire world. Should we seriously be calling in with info every time we run across some kid who's wearing a red hoodie? As far as the other 1 or 2 murderers or accomplices are concerned, it's not even clear if they're male of female.

Yes I put the usual in quotes because that is my word. I think the tweet just said it was moved. I interpreted that to mean that the neighbour was used to seeing it in a specific location and on that Friday it was in a different location.

MOO

I remember reading that police were in Ayr last Friday because of the neighbour's photo and concern of the incinerator. DM is arrested while on the road in Mississauga on Friday as well. I think the incinerator is what got DM arrested but I also heard that someone called in about the tattoo. JMO

Has anyone else heard that DM had a previous gf that died in an accident? I am seeing that info come up in tweets. Thanks if anyone knows the answer.

When he bought the Ayr property he told the RE agent that he was planning to build a home there for him and his fiancee (2011)

LE has referred to his 'girlfriend' being a possible useful witness and MSM has referred to a girlfriend not fiancee

But no further details and it all could be nothing

he was not cautious with it

So far, DM has shown little caution, if none at all. He leaves big footprints all over the place.

As Mr. Van Allen, the retired OPP criminal profiler, stated: he's a risk taker.

We do know it was used in west Toronto according to LE IN ADDITION to making the call to TB and Seller #1

DM no doubt did not know his call log could be traced on a burner phone and used it in around hit TO properties to call his buds

Phone would have been used to call all DM's buds but not DM --> points back to DM

No doubt all DM's buds reached by this phone got a call from LE within days of the crime

BBM

I know this has been discussed before but perhaps the first guy they "test drove with" is one of his "buds", and not someone DM actually went to for a test drive? And IF this guy was involved in any way, perhaps he gave the tattoo tip, knowing it was DM and wanting him to take the fall?

IF DM had used the phone to call a whole bunch of strangers selling Rams, no doubt LE would mention there was more than 2 calls for that purpose

But just saying there were more calls bouncing off the cell towers around his home, he was not cautious with it

You can get phones like this at e.g., 7-11

LE have stated there were more calls, they just havent said who to.

Interestingly, the person who gave the first test drive was also based in Etobicoke.

<rsbm>

Det Kavanagh actually said "I don't even know what thrill kills means". Could any WSr, someone, perhaps any other police officer in the world, please call Det Kavanagh and let him know what it means.

Hooey :)

JMO

It is impossible believe that a homicide detective does not know what a thrill killer is. Another reminder that we have to take what LE say with a grain-of-salt sometimes. They freely make stuff up if it suits their purpose. The ends justify the means.

BBM

I know this has been discussed before but perhaps the first guy they "test drove with" is one of his "buds", and not someone DM actually went to for a test drive? And IF this guy was involved in any way, perhaps he gave the tattoo tip, knowing it was DM and wanting him to take the fall?

I am under the strong impression that LE did not release the tattoo detail until the 10th, when LE had already picked DM up (but not announced that)

Arrest was announced on 11th made on 10th so LE does hold back things

LE would have known about the tattoo from talking to Seller #1 before the 8th (when that situation was revealed)

Since the tattoo detail did not come out to the public until after DM was arrested, it could not be used to frame him (LE would be asjking, how do YOU know we are looking for a guy with this tattoo???)

BBM

LE confirmed Test Drive #1 and DM did not know each other prior to the drive.

The fact that DM paid over $600,000 in CASH for a condo the DAY AFTER TB went missing leads me to believe that DM and crew were contracted to kill TB...

What? What on earth would make TB worth enough money to hire a gang of hitman headed by an already-wealthy guy to kill him? This would be the weirdest, most badly-done assassination ever.

(And, based on the ridiculously small sums I've seen mentioned in murder-for-hire cases, very overpriced.)

Lets clear up what we know about the burner phone.

1) it was purchased under a bogus name at an unspecified location three months ago.

2) It was used to contact TB

3) It was used to contact the witness who claims he test drove two suspicious individuals, one with an 'ambition' tattoo

4) It was used to contact an unspecified number of unidentified people/businesses.

5) It lead the police to the test drive guy, who had not come forward before this time.

6) It has not been recovered, while TB's has.

7) We do not know if there is CCTV footage of its purchase

8) There is more than one suspect, therefore it could have been owned and used by suspects #2 or #3 or somebody else.

thats it.

We do know it was used in west Toronto according to LE IN ADDITION to making the call to TB and Seller #1

DM no doubt did not know his call log could be traced on a burner phone and used it in around hit TO properties to call his buds

Phone would have been used to call all DM's buds but not DM --> points back to DM

No doubt all DM's buds reached by this phone got a call from LE within days of the crime

I think DM was well aware that the call log could be traced, hence the burner phone. He traveled a great deal and was familiar with roaming charges..etc. How the cellphones trace. The problem was TB's phone was found.

LOL no, honest people don't lie and I didn't say the financial statements HE used were legit or how he came about the money. Based on what he owns, he can use or shall I say launder a lot through them.

I'm having trouble following what you're saying. Are you saying that a guy who would commit murder would have moral qualms about presenting fraudulent financial statements to a realtor?

What? What on earth would make TB worth enough money to hire a gang of hitman headed by an already-wealthy guy to kill him? This would be the weirdest, most badly-done assassination ever.

(And, based on the ridiculously small sums I've seen mentioned in other murder-for-hire cases, very overpriced.)

I agree with both of your assessments, but the theory is no more bizarre than anything else pertaining to this case...

Once LE found that incinerator on DM's property any set-up theory went out the window for me.

Snuff film(s)? Is that what 'thrill kill' actually meant?

Where was all that money for million $ properties and toys coming from?

I think DM was well aware that the call log could be traced, hence the burner phone. He traveled a great deal and was familiar with roaming charges..etc. How the cellphones trace. The problem was TB's phone was found.

I think the ambition tattoo was DM's biggest 'problem' in not getting caught.

It's so puzzling. The police have stated that this guy and 1 or 2 others besides do constitute a danger to the public. Nevertheless the only description available is a generic suggestion of a slenderish young white guy of medium height who could, at this point, be anywhere in the entire world. Should we seriously be calling in with info every time we run across some kid who's wearing a red hoodie? As far as the other 1 or 2 murderers or accomplices are concerned, it's not even clear if they're male of female.

I agree! Which IMO means they know who they are but are waiting for evidence to connect or for DM to talk. IMO they have numerous witnesses that have identified these guys as likely companions for this sort of thing and now it's just a matter of dotting all the "I's" and crossing all the "T's" so to speak. All MOO

I find this to be one of the most bizarre murders I can remember.
So many, MANY odd things about it.

If the truck is the target, why steal it, why not just buy it. DM had no problem dropping 600 thousand dollars cash on a condo. 800 thousand cash on a farm. This is a nice truck but its really a drop in the bucket in terms of how much it would cost DM. Chump change really to him.

If the truck is not the target and since there is no connection to the victim, its random.

But if its random, why the elaborate planning, IE .incinerator that was purchased almost a year prior to murder, trailer on hand to put truck in, which he already had.. use of a second vehicle to follow to steal the truck while abducting the victim.

The whole thing seems "planned out" pretty good. Except for where DM leaves the truck on his moms driveway, the victim on his own property, the victims cell phone not even burned with the victim.
Is this epic stupidness ?

If one plans this, why stop at the halfway mark and then make sure the evidence trail is so wide and tall that a toddler could almost make the connection?

His description is bang on , the second guys is very vague.

I have rotating theory's on this case that change with the half hour. One is that he is the single most stupidest criminal on the face of the earth, another is he was just so cocky he thought he was above getting caught and even another is that this could actually be a frame up.

Course then that adds another question of why?

Then the "apparent suicide" of the father, and I find someone shooting themselves in the eye to be an odd choice too... Temple, under chin, in mouth.. but the eye??
Which lends to another theory that he may have been involved in the fathers death as well.

This really is murder most bizarre.

I doubt we'll get to find out anything close to the truth for years to come.

All of this is only my opinion and theories only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gooniesforever