Found Deceased Canada - Trina Hunt, 48, Port Moody, BC, 18 Jan 2021

So far:

<modsnip>

Keys and phone left at home

Called 911 as soon as he got home

SAR stopped looking and directed all questions to Port Moody Police

Police are not speaking to media on camera, only printed releases

Last edited by a moderator:
Trina Hunt has been missing from her home in the Heritage Mountain area since Monday, according to the Port Moody Police Department.

Officers say Hunt was last seen Monday morning by her husband at home as he left for work. When he returned to find her missing, he immediately called 911

Friends say she did not have her cell phone or keys with her on Monday.

She has no kids. She has no social media.

Hunt’s family and friends said this is out of character for her to disappear.

Hunt was known to walk on main streets in the neighbourhood, or common trails, according to friends. Christina Gower, who ran as a federal NDP candidate in Coquitlam-Port Coquitlam in the last election, said on the Port Moody Facebook page that Hunt has also been known to walk along Forest Parkway, Hawthorne, Fernway and Cliffwood.

Community members organized a large search party to scour the area, but in a statement Thursday, Hunt’s family said those efforts were being suspended and a volunteer command centre is being shut down.

Police are asking for any video shot in the area of Heritage Mountain on Jan. 18 between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Hunt is described as

-brown hair

-brown eyes

-five feet, four inches tall

-120 pounds

Police believe she is wearing

-a puffy black North Face jacket with a teal green collar

- pink and purple shoes

Port Moody is a lot of forest and streams, about half an hour outside Vancouver. With Heritage Mountain, the higher you are the more rich. Huge houses with sprawling backyards that often back out onto the woods or hiking trails. Lots of bears, but they’re asleep right now.

(Bbm)

Community search on hold, police continue to investigate Port Moody woman’s disappearance

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5882160

Attachments

• C63FBC17-72E6-409D-9E4E-6C0BFBF6812F.jpeg
    C63FBC17-72E6-409D-9E4E-6C0BFBF6812F.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 12
Calling off the search usually means they either found her or she’s not on the mountain, right?

Can’t seem to find much info on her as she doesn’t have social media. There’s a private fb search page and they seem to be highly organized.

Her friends think she went walking so I’m thinking someone jumped her. I wonder if there’s any SO’s in the area.

jmo

Jan 22, 2021
Search continues for missing Port Moody woman | Vancouver Sun
''Port Moody police want to speak to anyone who with dashcam footage — or relevant security camera footage — recorded in the Heritage Mountain area between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Jan. 18.

On Wednesday, hundreds of volunteers from the community joined a search grid, according to a Facebook update by her sister-in-law.

“We want nothing more than for Trina to come home, and we need your help, so we will not withhold information. There have been lots of posts insinuating that, but let us focus on the true task, which is finding Trina. The detectives are doing their jobs, and our job is to increase presence on the ground and increase community awareness,” the update said.

On Thursday, Hunt’s family released a statement saying the ground search has been put on hold and a volunteer command centre is being shut down.

“The family of Trina Hunt would like to thank community members of Port Moody and beyond for supporting us in our search to find Tina,” the statement said.

“The family continues to work with the police and hope that clues to her disappearance will be found.”

I would be interested in hearing from any friends, neighbours and relatives of Trina who had any contact with her during the weekend. Are we certain Trina was home and OK during the weekend?
I’d love to know this. I feel like I could ask on the fb group but I wouldn’t be able to post the answer here. :(

I don't think we know what street they live on, so am going by the only locations we have in relation to the search.

from: Search underway for missing Port Moody woman - Tri-City News

Search parties are scouring the area from the Westwood Plateau Village (at the corner of David Avenue and Johnson Street) to Rocky Point park, and Gower is calling on anyone with security cameras to review footage for Hunt and report any suspicious activity to the Port Moody Police Department.
<bbm>

December 9, 2020 there was an assault in the general area.

from: Port Moody Police Department urges residents to come forward after woman assaulted on the street - Tri-City News

The incident took place Dec. 9, at about 3:50 p.m. as the woman was walking down Glenayre Drive in Port Moody. An unknown man approached the woman aggressively and assaulted her, confirmed PMPD Sgt. J. Ian Morrison in a press release.
<bbm>

I initially discounted the idea of any connection to the Glenayre Drive assault until I realized that, while it is not that close to David and Johnson Street, it is closer to Rocky Point Park.

Locations as per Google Maps

Last edited:
I'm from the area. The neighbourhood she lives in is expensive. Kids driving newer Acuras and BMWs expensive. There is no commercial or retail easily walkable from Heritage Mtn. It's a quiet residential area.

Glenayre on the other hand, I wouldn't walk alone. It's around a 15 minute drive from her neighbourhood.

Jmoo

I would like to know, (from her friends and neighbors, others who walk or run in the area), if she usually carried her phone or keys with her when she went walking. When was the last time someone other than her husband saw and spoke with her?
No offense meant toward the husband. These are simply questions that must be asked of someone other than “the last known person to see her”. MOO

Last edited:
There's an explanation at the bottom of the article, stating that foul play hasn't been ruled out, it's just not suspected at this point. IMO it means that there's currently no evidence pointing in that direction.

ETA: Since she left her keys at home, was the house door locked or unlocked?
Oh okay that makes more sense.
Just...I’m not LE but if she’s not in the woods and she went for a walk...I just feel like foul play is probably the answer. If they can’t get a scent, she might be in someone’s shed or something.

I’ve read over and over that she left the door unlocked. Which isn’t uncommon for people in that area since it’s all rich people and they feel safe. Port Moody is a smaller city, with a population of 33,551.

Jmo

My friend is from PM and says that there’s been a lot of cougar sightings lately. Just last week one snatched up a lady’s dog right in front of her. Some have speculated a cougar attack but I dunno...people on fb say that the cougars sighted are “too small” to go after humans. I’m not a cougar attack expert but I can’t see a big cat just going after a grown woman who’s walking along a main trail. And the dogs would have found something, right?

All the same, she went missing on a gosh darn MOUNTAIN in an area that’s surrounded by forest. I can’t imagine they scoured the entire woods.

Brought up to my friend that maybe she succumbed to the elements and hypothermia was to blame but she says the weather is so nice there she’s been eating her meals outside lately!
.....but I’m thinking maybe they called off the search cuz it was going to snow.
(lol stupid BC’ers and their darn gorgeous winters! We’re over here in AB with our snow squalls!)

Jmo

I’ll stop spam posting after this lol

It’s rarely below 0, so the water doesn’t freeze over. There’s a million lakes and creeks over there and it never freezes.
The water at Rocky Point Park goes to the ocean. They even get orcas (again stupid bc being perfect snd gorgeous :mad:lol).
It’s possible that if she was taken and dumped, she could be in water.

Edit: I posted a link to this thread on the fb page so we could have a verified insider eventually. There’s a lot of talk on there about when she was actually heard from last etc that I’d love to discuss, so hopefully we’ll have a VI soon. Someone linked to a Reddit thread on it and they seem to be pretty upset with the comments on the post...I haven’t seen it yet but I can’t imagine it’s pretty or sensitive. Her poor friends and family.

jmo

Last edited:
I don't think we know what street they live on, so am going by the only locations we have in relation to the search.

from: Search underway for missing Port Moody woman - Tri-City News

Search parties are scouring the area from the Westwood Plateau Village (at the corner of David Avenue and Johnson Street) to Rocky Point park, and Gower is calling on anyone with security cameras to review footage for Hunt and report any suspicious activity to the Port Moody Police Department.
<bbm>

December 9, 2020 there was an assault in the general area.

from: Port Moody Police Department urges residents to come forward after woman assaulted on the street - Tri-City News

The incident took place Dec. 9, at about 3:50 p.m. as the woman was walking down Glenayre Drive in Port Moody. An unknown man approached the woman aggressively and assaulted her, confirmed PMPD Sgt. J. Ian Morrison in a press release.
<bbm>

I initially discounted the idea of any connection to the Glenayre Drive assault until I realized that, while it is not that close to David and Johnson Street, it is closer to Rocky Point Park.

Locations as per Google Maps
They live on Hawthorn Drive

My friend is from PM and says that there’s been a lot of cougar sightings lately. Just last week one snatched up a lady’s dog right in front of her. Some have speculated a cougar attack but I dunno...people on fb say that the cougars sighted are “too small” to go after humans. I’m not a cougar attack expert but I can’t see a big cat just going after a grown woman who’s walking along a main trail. And the dogs would have found something, right?

All the same, she went missing on a gosh darn MOUNTAIN in an area that’s surrounded by forest. I can’t imagine they scoured the entire woods.

Brought up to my friend that maybe she succumbed to the elements and hypothermia was to blame but she says the weather is so nice there she’s been eating her meals outside lately!
.....but I’m thinking maybe they called off the search cuz it was going to snow.
(lol stupid BC’ers and their darn gorgeous winters! We’re over here in AB with our snow squalls!)

Jmo

I'm in BC not too far from there. We've had sunny weather for the past 3 or 4 days but snowfall warnings are in effect for tonight and tomorrow. IMO, the temps have been too low if she is somehow incapacitated. Hypothermia can occur whenever the body is exposed for prolonged periods to temperatures lower than your normal body temp.

Hypothermia - Symptoms and causes

Oh okay that makes more sense.
Just...I’m not LE but if she’s not in the woods and she went for a walk...I just feel like foul play is probably the answer. If they can’t get a scent, she might be in someone’s shed or something.

I’ve read over and over that she left the door unlocked. Which isn’t uncommon for people in that area since it’s all rich people and they feel safe. Port Moody is a smaller city, with a population of 33,551.

Jmo

Although Port Moody population isn't that high, IMO, it's pretty much just a slightly more rural suburb of Vancouver/Burnaby. My relatives lived up at the very top of Westwood plateau and from Coquitlam Centre, it was maybe a 10 minute drive up to the golf course at the top of the residential portion of the Plateau. They sure locked their doors, but he's LE so prolly more safety conscious.

With above references to Fernway and Cliffwood which is further north of Hawthorne, where they intersect is pretty much at edge of the undeveloped mountainside. I know there were a couple of aggressive bears further south near the Noon Creek Hatchery last summer. Due to the mild temps this year, I would be concerned that some bears may not have hibernated if they've had trouble fattening up.

Google Maps

Although Port Moody population isn't that high, IMO, it's pretty much just a slightly more rural suburb of Vancouver/Burnaby. My relatives lived up at the very top of Westwood plateau and from Coquitlam Centre, it was maybe a 10 minute drive up to the golf course at the top of the residential portion of the Plateau. They sure locked their doors, but he's LE so prolly more safety conscious.

With above references to Fernway and Cliffwood which is further north of Hawthorne, where they intersect is pretty much at edge of the undeveloped mountainside. I know there were a couple of aggressive bears further south near the Noon Creek Hatchery last summer. Due to the mild temps this year, I would be concerned that some bears may not have hibernated if they've had trouble fattening up.

Google Maps
I am in the local bear group, and there have been reports of a bear in that area. This post was from December 23, 2020:

HERITAGE MOUNTAIN/WOODS AREA (PORT MOODY)
1. Cliffwood/Fernway/Hawthorn/Greenleaf/ area: Small bear (see update above).
The BC Conservation Officer Service has been receiving reports of a small bear in the (Cliffwood/Fernway/Hawthorn) area of Port Moody. The bear in this area is not believed to be orphaned as it is (not a cub of the year) and is old enough to be on its own. It is imperative that the bear is not fed and attempts are made to scare it off when safe to do so in order to maintain its fear of people. (see update above)

That said, I think a bear/animal attack is be pretty unlikely, and I am sure there would be evidence if there had been an attack.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back