Found Deceased Canada - Trina Hunt, 48, Port Moody, BC, 18 Jan 2021

Police issued a statement on Wednesday saying they are still pursuing all possible avenues of investigation.

“We have also contacted our partners at the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT), as part of that team’s mandate is to investigate suspicious missing person cases where foul play is suspected. At this time, evidence indicates that this missing person case does not meet IHIT’s mandate,” the Port Moody Police Department’s statement reads.

Hunt was last thought to be wearing a puffy black North Face branded jacket with a teal green collar and purple running shoes.

If you have any information about Hunt’s whereabouts, you’re asked to contact Port Moody police at 604.461.3456.
One month since disappearance of Port Moody's Trina Hunt - NEWS 1130

March 1 2021
‘We will not stop until we find her’: Family of missing Port Moody woman speaks out
trine-hunt.jpg

A still image from a video posted by supporters of Trina Hunt, who has been missing since Jan. 18. Global News

''The family of missing Port Moody woman Trina Hunt spoke out Monday, saying they will not stop looking until they find her.

In a statement read by Hunt’s cousin-in-law, Stephanie Ibbott, the family said the grief and emotional turmoil they have been going through these past six weeks has been “beyond explanation.”

“When we think about tragedies in our lifetime, it is unimaginable that something like this could actually occur. Your daughter, your wife, your sister, your cousin going missing,” Ibbott said.''

If anyone thinks they have seen Hunt or has other information, they are asked to contact police at 604-461-3456. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous can also contact CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

“Our anguish is unbearable. It is, quite simply, impossible to function at times. Our world has been turned completely upside down,” Ibbott said.

“We will not stop until we find her. We will not give up hope.”

March 1 2021
‘We will not stop until we find her’: Family of missing Port Moody woman speaks out
trine-hunt.jpg

A still image from a video posted by supporters of Trina Hunt, who has been missing since Jan. 18. Global News

''The family of missing Port Moody woman Trina Hunt spoke out Monday, saying they will not stop looking until they find her.

In a statement read by Hunt’s cousin-in-law, Stephanie Ibbott, the family said the grief and emotional turmoil they have been going through these past six weeks has been “beyond explanation.”

“When we think about tragedies in our lifetime, it is unimaginable that something like this could actually occur. Your daughter, your wife, your sister, your cousin going missing,” Ibbott said.''

If anyone thinks they have seen Hunt or has other information, they are asked to contact police at 604-461-3456. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous can also contact CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

“Our anguish is unbearable. It is, quite simply, impossible to function at times. Our world has been turned completely upside down,” Ibbott said.

“We will not stop until we find her. We will not give up hope.”
Thanks for posting this. I often wonder what happened to Trina.

A synopsis of the few facts thus far:

1. Last seen (by husband) at her home in Heritage Woods (Port Moody) around 6 a.m. on Jan. 18, 2021.
  2. Her husband reported her missing later that day when he returned home from work.
  3. Trina Hunt's cell phone, keys, (and wallet?) had been left home.
  4. No foul play suspected, thus IHIT not presently involved.
  5. Many specialized detectives and other resources were called in to assist with the investigation and to review numerous CCTV footage & in-person interview material.
  6. Local community has helped scout the nearby area in hopes of finding Hunt where she'd normally go out hiking/ walking. No results. Posters & flyers have been put up across Port Moody.
  7. No known mental health issues. Family describes Trina Hunt as selfless, positive with "a zest for life".

---

Some recent references:
* One month since disappearance of Port Moody's Trina Hunt - NEWS 1130
* 'We need her back home': Family of missing Port Moody woman says they're not giving up
* Missing Person Investigation - Port Moody Police Department

Last edited:
I live in North Vancouver, on the other side of the inlet. I've said since 3 weeks I think she's in water. I think about her every time I'm at the beach. I just want to give her poor family & friends some closure. I can't imagine their pain.

Sadly, remains found March 29th in Hope, BC have been positively identified as those of Trina Hunt. A press release was sent out today with the announcement.

Missing Port Moody woman Trina Hunt found dead, homicide team investigating

I’m very sad to read this although it’s a good thing Trina was found so LE can begin seeking the person/s responsible for her tragic death. The area around Hope is very rugged and unless LE were tipped off, it must’ve sheer luck that her body was discovered.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back