Found Deceased Canada - Trina Hunt, 48, Port Moody, BC, 18 Jan 2021

I am in the local bear group, and there have been reports of a bear in that area. This post was from December 23, 2020:

HERITAGE MOUNTAIN/WOODS AREA (PORT MOODY)
1. Cliffwood/Fernway/Hawthorn/Greenleaf/ area: Small bear (see update above).
The BC Conservation Officer Service has been receiving reports of a small bear in the (Cliffwood/Fernway/Hawthorn) area of Port Moody. The bear in this area is not believed to be orphaned as it is (not a cub of the year) and is old enough to be on its own. It is imperative that the bear is not fed and attempts are made to scare it off when safe to do so in order to maintain its fear of people. (see update above)

That said, I think a bear/animal attack is be pretty unlikely, and I am sure there would be evidence if there had been an attack.
Oh man, as a major bear enthusiast, it concerns me that this lil guy is out there right now. I wonder why!?
You mostly have black bears, right? Usually I’d say they’re the nicer bear but if he’s out here hungry, who knows what he’ll be up to.
Still....it just seems out of bear character to attack a full grown woman unprovoked. It’s probably a subadult, so it’s not too experienced, but still. And I can’t see a bear attacking a woman and not leaving any evidence behind.

On the fb group, I posted a link to this thread and requested someone join and be a VI, so we can help out further. Some of the poor friends and fam have seen a Reddit thread that is apparently really insensitive and disturbing. So I’m sure WS would be a refreshing change from that.

Virtual vigil held Sunday for missing Port Moody, B.C., woman
''Lorne Johnston, a former colleague and friend of Hunt’s, said supporters were being urged to take a selfie with a lit candle and post it on social media at 4:30 p.m. to support her and to raise awareness.''

"Johnston described Hunt as a “diamond in the rough,” and said everyone who knows her is shocked something like this could happen to such a warm, outgoing person.

He added he was touched by the community’s efforts to help search for her.

“Keep searching, keep looking. That’s the main thing. Don’t give up.”

''On Saturday, Port Moody police sought to quell rumours, stating that no one was in custody in the case.''

''Police continue to ask for any video shot in the Heritage Mountain area on Jan. 18, between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.''

Someone has to have caught her on Ring cam or something, if she walked away. I’d also be surprised if none of her neighbors saw her that morning. It’s still dark here at 6 but there’s still out walking their dogs in the am.

Oh lawdy!!! I don’t even want to think about another mountain lion (bobcat) stealing away with another of our women. Seriously though, I’d think that something would have been left behind. I’ll keep praying that LE finds something that will lead them to her.

Someone has to have caught her on Ring cam or something, if she walked away. I’d also be surprised if none of her neighbors saw her that morning. It’s still dark here at 6 but there’s still out walking their dogs in the am.

Oh lawdy!!! I don’t even want to think about another mountain lion (bobcat) stealing away with another of our women. Seriously though, I’d think that something would have been left behind. I’ll keep praying that LE finds something that will lead them to her.
*Another* mountain lion attack? When did this happen?

*Another* mountain lion attack? When did this happen?
I think this is referring to the Suzanne Morphew case in Colorado? She disappeared last Mother's Day. Her husband said he last saw her sleeping when he left for work at 6:00 am. For a while, her husband claimed that she had been attacked by a mountain lion while out on a bike ride, but there was no evidence of an attack. She is still missing.

Oh man, as a major bear enthusiast, it concerns me that this lil guy is out there right now. I wonder why!?
You mostly have black bears, right? Usually I’d say they’re the nicer bear but if he’s out here hungry, who knows what he’ll be up to.
Still....it just seems out of bear character to attack a full grown woman unprovoked. It’s probably a subadult, so it’s not too experienced, but still. And I can’t see a bear attacking a woman and not leaving any evidence behind.

On the fb group, I posted a link to this thread and requested someone join and be a VI, so we can help out further. Some of the poor friends and fam have seen a Reddit thread that is apparently really insensitive and disturbing. So I’m sure WS would be a refreshing change from that.
Yes, we have black bears here. It is usually mild here during winter, so I don't think that the bears always hibernate.

Do we know what the weather was like the day she went missing. North Face are typically warm jackets, I own one. But it's the shoes? If it had been snowing would she wear pumps to leave the house? Was she dressed to leave the home at 6am? Or did they notice it was those items missing from the home? I believe Canadian Police generally release very little about their cases, but it's difficult to help when people know so little. Colleagues are speaking but nothing from the husband? I find that odd

Do we know what the weather was like the day she went missing. North Face are typically warm jackets, I own one. But it's the shoes? If it had been snowing would she wear pumps to leave the house? Was she dressed to leave the home at 6am? Or did they notice it was those items missing from the home? I believe Canadian Police generally release very little about their cases, but it's difficult to help when people know so little. Colleagues are speaking but nothing from the husband? I find that odd
The family might have been advised by the police not to release more information at this time.

The weather was nice... no snow on the ground. The temperature was 9 Celsius in the afternoon. The jacket and shoes were missing from the home so they believed she was wearing them.

I would like to know, (from her friends and neighbors, others who walk or run in the area), if she usually carried her phone or keys with her when she went walking. When was the last time someone other than her husband saw and spoke with her?
No offense meant toward the husband. These are simply questions that must be asked of someone other than “the last known person to see her”. MOO
I find it puzzling. Husband is last known person to see her at 6 a.m. Knows that she is wearing black jacket and pink runners. So obviously dressed and ready to go out at that time. Does she not tell him where she's going? Then they're searching the trails. If she went for a walk I find that odd as it's pitch black dark at 6 a.m. so who would go for a walk then? Let alone in the woods with no cellphone or flashlight. Also I don't know anyone who ever leaves their phone at home.

I find it puzzling. Husband is last known person to see her at 6 a.m. Knows that she is wearing black jacket and pink runners. So obviously dressed and ready to go out at that time. Does she not tell him where she's going? Then they're searching the trails. If she went for a walk I find that odd as it's pitch black dark at 6 a.m. so who would go for a walk then? Let alone in the woods with no cellphone or flashlight. Also I don't know anyone who ever leaves their phone at home.
I thought they figured out what she was wearing based on what was missing from home. So she didn't necessarily leave home that early.

They aren't saying that she left at 6:00 am. They are saying the husband left at 6:00am, and he was the last person to see her. Her family said it was typical of her to go on a walk around 11:00 am.

When anyone joins Websleuths, they agree to abide by the Terms of Service (aka The Rules).

As we have some new members here, it is timely to post Websleuths "Victim Friendly" policy that is one of our basic principles that sets Websleuths apart from most other online crime sleuthing forums.

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Please remember to post in accordance with these rules.

Thank you.

I'm hesitant to think suicide as I feel like she would've been found by now.

The only reason I can think why she wouldn't be found yet, is if she was in a body of water. If they were searching Rocky Point Park area it's possible. I don't think any media publications have mentioned divers searching the water so.... LE must know something.

I'm wondering if she worked or only her husband? Was he the main provider?

For some reason the Shannon Burgess case comes to my mind, not sure why. Maybe because both women seem very likable amongst peers/friends, lively and vivacious. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I help find missing Port Moody woman Trina Hunt? - Vancouver Is Awesome

"An online group who banded together in the wake of the disappearance of a Port Moody woman is calling on the community to participate in a special event centred around the woman’s love for food.

Under the hashtag #thetableissetfortrina, organizers of a Facebook page created to help find Trina Hunt are asking to show support for the missing woman and her loved ones by cooking a meal in her honour."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back