Found Deceased Canada - Trina Hunt, 48, Port Moody, BC, 18 Jan 2021

Facebook

Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers
9t grSshrpognssorethfd ·

IHIT File # 2021-382

On March 29, 2021 at 10 a.m., human remains were found in the area south of Silver Creek in Hope, B.C. The circumstances were deemed suspicious and IHIT took conduct of the investigation. IHIT has been working with the B.C. Coroners Service to identify the human remains.

The remains have now been identified as those of 48-year-old Trina Hunt of Port Moody, who had been missing since January 18, 2021. Foul play is suspected in her death and IHIT is working with the Port Moody Police to further the investigation.

“The missing person investigation of Trina Hunt has now transitioned into a case of homicide,” says Sergeant Frank Jang of IHIT. “As this is an active and ongoing investigation, there will be no further details provided at this time.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact the IHIT Information Line at 1-877-551-IHIT (4448) or by email at ihitinfo@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.

Should you wish to remain anonymous, please contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 or online at www.solvecrime.ca or download the "P3 Tips" app.

Could “circumstances surrounding the discovery....have been deemed suspicious” simply mean that the remains were found so far from her home? or is the plural implying many things?

Perhaps although at the time of the discovery on March 29th police sources claimed the remains were unidentified....unless they were intentionally withholding ID while furthering the investigation. Or it could’ve been due to the “circumstances” that required a month to confirm it was Trina? If so, I’m thinking where and how the remains were discovered clearly wasn’t indicative of an accidental or natural death.

The word “remains” (versus body) usually refers to skeletal, not necessarily full or complete.

I’m reminded of an extremely tragic triple murder case in Calgary (Douglas Garland was convicted). During testimony an officer spoke of carefully picking through ashes from a burn pit for days and days, taken from the suspects farm, and discovering very small fragments of bone and teeth, enough to prove the victims were murdered by him. In that case the perp became a suspect after the connection was made by his unique green truck being captured on CCTV near the victims’ home.

JMO

I’m still perplexed at the “circumstances surrounding the discovery....have been deemed suspicious”. Typically LE would state a death as suspicious if foul play was suspected. The “circumstances surrounding the discovery” refers to something different, some aspect pertaining to the way in which the unidentified body was discovered. JMO
I saw a few things in that article that were oddly worded. I think it's a language problem. From article below, cops seem to know there is pressure from WSleuthers to solve this.

Trina Hunt homicide case: No arrests yet in Port Moody woman's death

Isn't it strange that another female victim was quickly eliminated after the discovery of the body? It could mean that visual features pointed away from that person (e.g. different build or hair/eye color). On the other hand, IF the features were consistent with Trina's (perhaps including clothing), wouldn't the police notify her family quite early on? In some other cases, tentative identification was made public (sometimes by family) long before formal identification.

Maybe what this means is that her body/remains were moved there recently from a different location?
Was the ground frozen (or was there snow on the ground) in the area where she was found at the time of her disappearance? Perhaps she couldn't be buried and if she was, she wouldn't be discovered accidentally.

Trina Hunt’s family speaks out following the identification of her body | Watch News Videos Online. Just a hmmmm moment when trina's family say her husband said the weekend before she went missing they turned off their cells and went to hope for the weekend and boom Monday she's missing then she's found in hope , things that make you go hmmmm jmoo
Yayyyy! An MSM article on it! I’ve been wanting to chime in about this Hope business.
This man cannot be trusted.

Was the ground frozen (or was there snow on the ground) in the area where she was found at the time of her disappearance? Perhaps she couldn't be buried and if she was, she wouldn't be discovered accidentally.

Depends on where in or around Hope her body was found. Hope is nestled in the mountains and I'm seeing reference to "south of Silver Creek". That could very quickly lead up the mountains into higher elevations via Silver Skagit Road or Silverhope Road. I've been up one of those roads and the elevation increases pretty quickly.

Satellite image of Silver Creek, Hope BC, and area south

(I hope that link works for others. It doesn't work for me :( For some weird reason Google won't give me access to maps anymore so the above link to Google Maps was via Firefox)

Historical weather for Jan 18 doesn't show any precip on the ground for Hope itself, but that can certainly be different, depending on whether sea level or mountain altitude. I've seen green at the lower levels and within a very short drive up the mountains there will be snow.

Jumping in late here but does anyone know if either car was dirty from the gravel road south of Silver Lake. That would confirm which vehicle they took up.

No I don’t think we know that.

As the husband apparently told Trina’s family the couple spent the prior weekend in Hope, I hope they also informed LE of this remark after she disappeared, as opposed to saying nothing about it until later when the remains were confirmed to be her.

Maybe to your point, if the husband has denied to LE they spent the prior weekend in Hope and alleges Trina’s family is out to frame him for Trina’s murder, if he’s a suspect then LE must prove the couple travelled there unless an accomplice was also involved. At this point we don’t know if she was taken there alive or was she transported after death. As time passes without murder charges being laid perhaps it’s not quite as cut and dried as it may seem, unfortunately.

JMO

No I don’t think we know that.

As the husband apparently told Trina’s family the couple spent the prior weekend in Hope, I hope they also informed LE of this remark after she disappeared, as opposed to saying nothing about it until later when the remains were confirmed to be her.

Maybe to your point, if the husband has denied to LE they spent the prior weekend in Hope and alleges Trina’s family is out to frame him for Trina’s murder, if he’s a suspect then LE must prove the couple travelled there unless an accomplice was also involved. At this point we don’t know if she was taken there alive or was she transported after death. As time passes without murder charges being laid perhaps it’s not quite as cut and dried as it may seem, unfortunately.

JMO
Agreed. I hope LE did a thorough investigation when she was first reported to be gone.....like where had she been the last several days. I remember reading that local LE had referred the case to another LE department that said "sorry - nothing to see here folks - keep moving" so I'm not optimistic that anybody looked too closely when the trail was still warm.

I'm not sure if LE found any reason in the beginning not to believe the husband that Trina was alive on Sunday and Monday morning (which now seems unlikely). Their trip to Hope on Saturday wasn't suspicious per se. Had there been circumstances pointing to possible foul play (e.g. inconsistencies in his story, recent history of marital issues or recent life insurance purchase), they would have been looked into. It's interesting that the local search for her was called off early on. Was it because there was no way of telling where she could have gone outside of the immediate area or because there was no trace of her on the neighborhood surveillance footage for the day she supposedly went missing? Was her home ever searched for clues?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back