Casey seeing clergy in jail

There are some exceptions, though...right? What about soldiers killing during wars? what about capital punishment? :confused:

That's a deep question. I don't know, is it the "eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth?" My son in law was in the Army, I know a lot of his buddies, all have gone to the desert for more than 1 tour. I don't recall anything saying 'whoopie, cant wait to kill." I dont know any that rejoiced when they had to. I think God understands that very personal struggle.
I know many oppose war, oppose the DP. I respect that. I just happen to be one who is very much in favor of the DP & think we coddle prisoners way to much.
It will be up to a jury to judge the evidence & then to hand down the sentence. I trust they will take the matter as serious as it is. I have confidence in our system of law & am confident justice will be found for Caylee. It IS about Caylee.

That's a deep question. I don't know, is it the "eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth?" My son in law was in the Army, I know a lot of his buddies, all have gone to the desert for more than 1 tour. I don't recall anything saying 'whoopie, cant wait to kill." I dont know any that rejoiced when they had to. I think God understands that very personal struggle.
I know many oppose war, oppose the DP. I respect that. I just happen to be one who is very much in favor of the DP & think we coddle prisoners way to much.
It will be up to a jury to judge the evidence & then to hand down the sentence. I trust they will take the matter as serious as it is. I have confidence in our system of law & am confident justice will be found for Caylee. It IS about Caylee.

I respect that. I don't disagree. I happen to be an agnostic...at this time in my life. This issue has been one I've never understood...so "thou shall not kill" should have a clause attached to it...there are exceptions is what you're saying. thanks for your thoughts. I do agree.

I think that the reason she had a visit from the clergy is because those conversations can't be released to the public and they are private like the ones with her attorney. She has been used to spending 6 hours a day with her attorney and she is now bored and JB can't spend all of his day with her now. Of course it won't hurt her in the eyes of the public either (or so they think). She can't have her family or friends come now because the tapes will be released. Or she may just be mad at her family right now, espcially her dad.

So are you also anti-war since soldiers have to kill? what about capital punishment? just curious about the exceptions to this commandment

Imagine you have a child. Your child is being held by a rapist & murderer. You watch in horror as your child screams, you see the terror in the eyes. You see the rapist smiling, taking joy as he taunts your child. You watch as the rapist holds a knife to your child & begins to undress them. The swat team has a clear shot to kill the rapist & save the child. Should they take the shot or hope the rapist will understand what they are doing is wrong?
Me, I am gonna pray they take the shot even though it is not easy for LE to do. It would be far harder to watch the child be raped & killed. I would then pray for the LE officer that fired the kill shot to find peace within himself to live with the taking of a life, to know it was justified. I would not pray for the soul of the rapist.

I don't believe KC has found God & really wants forgiveness. To want forgivness would start with being truthful & admitting what you have done. If she really wanted that, she would shout it from the roof tops in front of God & man.

God's love & mercy must be earned. It is how you live your life. We can't do what we want when we want & just think " ah the heck with it, God isn't going to punish me as long as I tell him I am sorry & ask him to forgive me."
I think God runs deeper than that.

God is neither mocked nor deceived. You are misconstruing everything God's Word teaches. It makes me sad to hear you believe this. If we have to "earn" His love or mercy, did He send His Son to die on the cross in vain? He is a righteous, holy God, Whose judgment and justice are perfect. His blessings and favor yes, but we couldn't possibly "earn" God's unconditional love or mercy.

God is neither mocked nor deceived. You are misconstruing everything God's Word teaches. It makes me sad to hear you believe this. His blessings and favor yes, but we could not possibly "earn" God's unconditional love or His mercy!]/I]

With respect, it is not I who mocked God. It was KC when she murdered her child. I lead my life in a way I think God would be okay with. I see God all around me, the sunshine, the spring blooms, the snow flakes, the innonence of children. I thank God every day for all the blessing he has given me & I pray other's will be blessed. That's what I choose to use my prayers for. I have no problem for you or anyone else praying for KC's soul. I just choose not to. I picture God crying at the loss of Caylee & I picture God angry if KC is using her new found religion for something other than really want forgiveness.

Imagine you have a child. Your child is being held by a rapist & murderer. You watch in horror as your child screams, you see the terror in the eyes. You see the rapist smiling, taking joy as he taunts your child. You watch as the rapist holds a knife to your child & begins to undress them. The swat team has a clear shot to kill the rapist & save the child. Should they take the shot or hope the rapist will understand what they are doing is wrong?
Me, I am gonna pray they take the shot even though it is not easy for LE to do. It would be far harder to watch the child be raped & killed. I would then pray for the LE officer that fired the kill shot to find peace within himself to live with the taking of a life, to know it was justified. I would not pray for the soul of the rapist.

I don't believe KC has found God & really wants forgiveness. To want forgivness would start with being truthful & admitting what you have done. If she really wanted that, she would shout it from the roof tops in front of God & man.

I don't disagree with you. I actually agree. I'm just asking about the mentioning of the commandment "thou shall not kill." I was saying that there are many exceptions to it, as you have mentioned. the contradictions in religions is one of the reasons that I'm an agnostic.
so, thou shall not kill has exceptions.

I don't disagree with you. I actually agree. I'm just asking about the mentioning of the commandment "thou shall not kill." I was saying that there are many exceptions to it, as you have mentioned. the contradictions in religions is one of the reasons that I'm an agnostic.
so, thou shall not kill has exceptions.

Yes it does. And yes, there are so many contradictions in religion.

Yes it does. And yes, there are so many contradictions in religion.

Great. so we can do away with that commandment then...since it has exceptions...we can probably add "honor thy father and mother" since why should caylee honor her mother after what she did to her? or any other child that has been abused in any way.

[snip]

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I would like to share a story with you guys if you don't mind.
When jessica Lunsford was found & They finally arrested John Couey...I had so much hate in my heart for him.

I had a very hard time with this.. I was so bitter & I talked to God about it and told him I just can't forgive him, I hate him so, I just can't wrap my head around him being forgiven & being spared life in eternal hell it is just not right....
I had a dream that night & as clear as anything this is what I was told :
Child this is not your concern nor your job at this time. It is mine. There are some of my children that turned from me & turned a deaf ear to me.. those are the ones that I lift my spirit from. But that is my worry not yours. How do you think I felt when I watched them murder my own son and he asked for their forgiveness. Put in my hands & leave it there.
AND I DID... I hope this helps.. It sure did help me.

AND it has continued to help me thru alot of times when I just don't get it.... Like my girls from Oklahoma...

When jessica Lunsford was found & They finally arrested John Couey...I had so much hate in my heart for him.

I had a very hard time with this.. I was so bitter & I talked to God about it and told him I just can't forgive him, I hate him so, I just can't wrap my head around him being forgiven & being spared life in eternal hell it is just not right....
Child this is not your concern nor your job at this time. It is mine. There are some of my children that turned from me & turned a deaf ear to me.. those are the ones that I lift my spirit from. But that is my worry not yours. How do you think I felt when I watched them murder my own son and he asked for their forgiveness. Put in my hands & leave it there.

AND it has continued to help me thru alot of times when I just don't get it.... Like my girls from Oklahoma...

Sorry! I still don't get it. this is why I'm an agnostic.

awesome.

"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy..."

:blowkiss:

I agree and disagree with this one.

Let me say that I was raised baptist and listened to both fire and brimstone preachers and love thy neighbor preachers. I went to sunday school and attended church on and off.

My form of religion now I define as my religion. I believe that the bible is a history book for the most part. It is a collection of stories told to make various points. Some of what is in the bible makes sense to me and some do not. Some things contradict each other and leave you to either take your preachers opinion or form you own. I have formed my own. Some things just simply do not apply to the world today. I don't attend church any more. My church is in me and all around me. so to speak. I believe in Karma and believe that our souls continue until we are reborn in another body. Our souls are pure energy and energy can not die so when our bodies die, our souls get new ones.

I agree that those that show mercy should also receive mercy but I disagree that everyone is deserving of mercy. If they did not show mercy to others in their lives then they do not deserve to have this from others.

If KC did kill Caylee on purpose, then she did not show her own child mercy and deserves non from me. She did not live up to the code.

If KC killed Caylee accidentally she may deserve mercy but only if she shows remorse.

If KC did not kill Caylee accidentally or on purpose and is a grieving mother, then she is definitely deserving of mercy and pity.

Does that mean that I pass judgement on other people. Yes because God or whatever higher being there is made me a thinking person. Someone who has the ability to gather facts and make an informed decision. I do not believe that he wants us to blindly follow without conscious thought and without questioning what is rational and what is not. If he did, he would have made us all brainless idiots and we would still be living in caves.

One last thought. Since I am responsible for my own thoughts, feelings, and actions, if one day I must stand before God and be judge, then if I do not feel nor offer mercy to KC, I am willing to take that stand before God. If God wishes to offer her his mercy, then he may do so. I can not offer his mercy to her, it is not mine to give.

Sorry for the long post. I usually don't talk religion because too many people think that their way is the only way and I don't agree. I think that there are many right ways and it is up to us to decide which way is the right one for us.

I find it odd that her attorney would even let her talk to a minister....he has made it clear she will not speak to anyone until the time is right.:bang:

I find it odd that her attorney would even let her talk to a minister....he has made it clear she will not speak to anyone until the time is right.:bang:

IMO, she is not telling him anything. Truly I doubt that this girl saw the inside of a church very often or gave religion a second thought. Either it is a ploy to make her look remorseful or gain public sympathy. She is using him just like she used everyone else. Unfortunately for the preacher, priest, whatever he is most likely wasting his time and being used. Him I feel sorry for. KC not so much.

IMO, she is not telling him anything. Truly I doubt that this girl saw the inside of a church very often or gave religion a second thought. Either it is a ploy to make her look remorseful or gain public sympathy. She is using him just like she used everyone else. Unfortunately for the preacher, priest, whatever he is most likely wasting his time and being used. Him I feel sorry for. KC not so much.

Agree totally....you can't blame the man...this is his calling...I feel for him.

Just a reminder that this is not a religious forum. Some exchange is reasonable, but as you all know,religion can be a very passionate and controversial topic. Please try and keep the discussion to KC's clergy visit.

She KC is a class manipulator. What ever gets her what she wants she will say or do it. Remember that song by Linda Ronstadt (? spelling)...
Poor poor pitiful me
Poor poor pitiful me
Oh these boys won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me
Woe woe is me

Just a reminder that this is not a religious forum. Some exchange is reasonable, but as you all know,religion can be a very passionate and controversial topic. Please try and keep the discussion to KC's clergy visit.

I think when discussing the reasons why kc wants visits from a minister, esp long visits, it is reasonable to discuss if she is seeking forgiveness & guideance. Sometimes that discussion can have a natural path to a discussion on religon. Maybe we need a thread on if KC will find forgiveness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back