Closing Arguments- thread #171

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said that she hopes JW doesn't object today.

CAN she object during closing?

Yes, but unless the objection is so blatant (talking about things that weren't presented in court for example) it is considered very poor form.

I would hope the judge would tell JW to stick a cork in it if she tries to disrupt Juan's rythym with her constant, irritating, whiny objections

I hope someone grabs Jodi, pries her mouth open, throws the dang migraine pill down her throat, clamps her mouth shut and makes her swallow it, now so that she will not interrupt the closing statement. No puking either!

I just read the judge IS allowing a lesser charge of manslaughter. How on earth can she justify this when JA admitted to slaughtering Travis? Makes me sick to my stomach, the system and the judge. How can you do this Judge??

Nothing but premeditated murder will be justice. Nothing less.

LOL @ the panic. I will be in a 1pm EDT working session that will go through 4pm EDT. I won't see any of the closing arguments live but I will see them on YouTube with no buffering issues, etc. It's all good.

This is a SLAM DUNK MURDER CASE.

I can't emphasize that enough.

The die is cast.

Has this thread been crashing recently?

If not, I'm betting it will be quite a bit from here on out.

I can't keep up with the posts already... and can't keep up with thanking everyone's posts. Please consider your posts thanked by me!

Nice to see they're starting on time for a change...:banghead:

This is all coming to a closing and it's so much more overwhelming than I had initially expected. These 4 months have felt, at times, like years.

So, with that in mind, I wanted to share a little something... I keep a journal with me when I'm watching the trial. Just a place to jot down little notes, Juanisms, mostly an outlet for my frustrations and some name calling (don't judge me!) that I can't really post here. At the beginning of every new page I write two words. A name.

Travis Alexander

I do that, to remind myself that it's worth it. The frustration at some witnesses. The outrage at the DT. The heartbreak when looking at the beautiful Alexander family. It's worth it because we're here for one reason. Justice. Justice for Travis.

I have deleted my signature, as this thread will go quickly for the next several days, and I hope pic posting is strictly courtroom. Let's work together so we can all participate during this fast moving thread! :)

There is a place under UserCP where you can hide all the signature messages and their attached graphics. I've done that (sorry all), but it makes the page more easily viewable.

Just talked to Katie Wick...she's anxiously awaiting the lottery...said it's a mad house..if she doesn't get in, she's coming over here to watch w/ us in the hotel. What stream is everyone using? Wildabouttrial not coming up for me.

Kpho.com has been great

WHY do I come home for lunch and only have SEAL??

What the he!! does the defense want now? Another Mistrial??

Well, I must say friends *taking a long swig from Gatorade bottle that smells oddly like flavored vodka, then grabbing a quick swig from Diet Sprite bottle, tucking both back in purse quickly* it would have been just wrong to start closing arguments on time, leaving us with no seal time. Did anyone bring Cheetos?

As a matter of fact, why yes I did, and I'm happy to share. Cheetos poppers, jalapeno flavored. To go with my suspicious glass of coke that has been...flavored. ;)

Can't see how she got much sleep given she had such a late nite and had to get up @ 4 to get ready for the bus.

Well at least she was able to WAKE UP this morning..
Travis doesn't have that luxury.

Well, wait. Correct me if I am wrong, but once she is found guilty, don't we have another mini-trial for punishment phase?

Would you guess another 3 weeks?

Depends on what she is convicted of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members