Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't necessarily expect LS would do such a thing only for to fit the body in to the cardboard box / suitcase. Given the 'violent' nature of the crime as indicated via evidence at the scene it is possible LS' rage extended to beyond death and she further mutilated the target of her attack.
It takes time to dismember a body; something she did not have.

Does she have it in her? Almost certainly.

Is there any evidence of it? No.

Was it necessary? No.

According to the AA, it seems that LS told the truth about GS coming home with her on Monday, Jan 27 after the trip north in AS truck. Since GS was not seen on the video made public, I'm very, very curious about that:

Where was GS? Was he perhaps asleep in the truck and therefore not seen when LS got home and walked to the house (as captured on neighbor's surveillance)?

How was GS so out of camera range that he was not picked up the surveillance video? Also, GS arriving home with LS doesn't really support the claim of AS watching the video and crying that LS lied.

I really want to know how GS got home and back inside the house on Monday afternoon!

RD also said there was even audio. Say if GS went through the back gate which goes around (i believe) to the sliding glass to the main level, then I just dont get not hearing a second car slam that day or what.

I know Im in the absolute minority, but I have never believed the tape to be the day in question. I have always thought that Gannon was murdered in the home. This is not a knock on RD about who he is as a person to be clear, but a lot of the story never made sense. It makes less sense if we say Gannon was murdered at 2:20 ish and in the home.

RD saying "this is the break we needed" didn't make sense bc he didnt find the video until 6 days later and 2 days after Gannon was reported missing, Tee was already getting interviewed as lets face it, a suspect. There were reports that LE source told the media that she was suspected day 1 and that was told to them within a day or two. A lot happened between day 1 and 6. I don't think anyone knew that TS would have such an insane story, but it really confirms that LE wanted her for the murder by the 29th. The issues with the release of the tape are interesting too since LE said they did not want that released. I am not sure if they were playing games to get movement from her or what though. It's very confusing. I also find it interesting that only is RD not on the list, but neither is xfinity. Someone has to validate it in court I think. At least thats how I've seen these things go. In the Amber Guyger trial there were dates and times messed up for a key card Amber used to enter the gates of the building where her and Botham Jean lived. They had a person from the server management team come to court and explain the dates and also validate that the records they had in their hands were the same the company had. I think it's pretty standard practice to compare data an individual has (even if its LE) to an expert even if that is just an "expert" in their company. The DA will do the same thing with evidence to confirm that the evidence inside matches what they signed off on.

And like I said before, the cleaning up for such a short time doesn't add up to me. Its a lot to get done. I also wonder (warning graphic)

how long does blood have to sit to seep from carpet, to carpet pad, to cement? Im guessing its longer than an hour so if they arrived home at 2:20 and Laina arrived at 3:15 its not adding up to enough time. I wish I could test that. Even if Gannon was left there for an hour and it pooled in that period, that would mean she still needed to remove his bedding, clean the walls, clean the spot in the utility room, and the stairs basically getting into the time HH returned home. Thats a lot of work

Her lack of intelligence is absolutely stunning.

The biggest thing is the insane/crazy changing stories, but her Google searches are telling as well:

“My son burned the carpet, how do I fix it?” Instead of “repairing burned carpet.”

Just watch any young child using AI (ie Alexa or Siri), and you will see the same type of thing (incredibly specific questions).

It’s funny when a kid does it, but strange coming from an adult. It’s terrifying that she was ever in education, and that’s ignoring the fact that she’s a child killer.
I think that's exactly what LS was doing, using "Hey Google" on some of those searches. In the same manner a child would phrase. What a dolt. I've known dogs who are better qualified to teach.

Also, I'd been puzzling over the random periods in the searches listed and discovered a recent update to Google's voice-to-text settings got messed up, frequently leaving periods and other punctuation in inappropriate places. It was fixed in mid-February.

She is 17. The frontol lobes of the brain that govern reasoning and judgement are not full developed until the age of 21. Hence why you see so many teens do foolish things. She believed what her mother told her and likely her mother told her that people were trying to frame her. Remember in the early days of Gannon coming up missing, a lot of hate was already circulating online about LS and death threats were being made. HH likely seen this and believed her mother, fearing for her mothers safety. It is a difficult situation and one can not say without certainty if HH was duped by her mother and told not to cooperate because her words could be twisted or what. LE said at this point they do not believe she participated in any of this. So other than her not cooperating with investigators, likely due to being duped by LS, lets leave her out of this. At this point we just do not know and there is no reason to drag her down over something her mother did unless later facts prove otherwise.

I am inclined to agree with this, especially because HH already lost her father. I am quite sure from my own past dealings with manipulative narcissistic type people that they are adept at using a person’s weaknesses against them to gain and keep control. I would fair to wager that TS used HH’s fear of being an orphan “if the people framing TS were to succeed” to have HH’s compliance in assisting TS with certain things after it was known that Gannon was missing. She probably used the “evidence” of AS kicking them out of the house to “prove” that HH had no family left but TS.

HH might be 17, but she is far from an adult mentally, especially in today’s society where a lot of helicopter parenting exists. My guess is that HH was used to obeying her mother in general. That natural obedience, combined with the lies TS was spewing and her fear of being left without anyone in the world, led to her refusal to cooperate with LE. MOO.

it was I that has seen this behavior come from a bio-parent mouth...very difficult to be a witness to this...I brought it up in earlier post but was deleted as SM not allowed. What I did see on SM speaks to the religiosity of LS upbringing. I’m overstepping again, sorry.
That’s ok. I couldn’t remember. I don’t see SM things unless someone sends them to me so I didn’t see anything pertaining to religion. We can all agree LS is warped.

IIRC the neighbor, RD in one interview said that AS said:

“ She lied. She lied about the time. He didn’t go to a friend’s house”.

Will try to find the source, but I remember it vividly.
JMO

I think the surveillance video of LS returning home was recorded around 2pm, and LS alleged GS left to visit a friend around 4 pm. I assumed AS thought the lie was that GS did not come home with her and therefore he could not have gone to a friend's house-- so now I'm really confused..??! :eek:

I've read the affidavit 4 times, and all posts here since it was released.

I believe something violent happened Sunday, either triggered by or triggering the story of the burning incident.. she went through bouts of "fake searches" on her phone to try to add to the narrative later.

I still firmly believe she left Gannon's cell phone in the Petco as she drove around checking out spots for after dark. I also believe that once she retrieved his phone, she was the one who texted her husband about Zelda before checking out at the Petco. whatever happened after Sunday, LS didn't want Gannon to have contact with anyone.

just as the AA states I believe they got home from "the drive" and she killed him within a period of 25 mins (2:20 arrival, 2:45 unlocking her phone)

The fact that she sent Laina and Harley out of the house as they respectively came home, I've been able to come to terms with the fact she did have *some* time to clean and reset the room before LE showed up at 10pm (7 hours) she didn't know that she would have so much time, but I would think she made sure all visible blood (hallways, walls, sheets etc) was gone by the time she called police.

Whenever im cleaning a big mess and need lots of water etc, I go out of the back door where the hose is, I think its possible she went out the back door so often in order to rinse out brushes, rags, bucket etc instead of in a bathroom.

I also think its possible she left garbage bags of bloody evidence by the gate to bring out to Tiguan after dark, possibly leaving traces of blood in the backyard and gate area.

I personally think that when one is in CYA mode (and somewhat muscular) that it is completely doable to remove so much weight, especially dragging a suitcase. I think if its to save yourself, you will absolutely back every ounce of strength you have with will power.

Was murdering him 'necessary'?

Ignoring the grotesque question, it was necessary to her, which is what we’re talking about. What is senseless to us, made sense to his killer.

After she killed him, she had to take steps to get away with it. Dismembering him wasn’t necessary to that goal, and everything (else) seems to point away from that.

How did T get from the police station to where HH picked her up? The main PD is downtown, and Sandcreek PD is farther south?
It wasn't from the police station but from the hospital. I think the AA states HH collected LS from another location after she left the hospital. (i.e., LS was taken by ambulance to the hospital from the police station). MOO

I am inclined to agree with this, especially because HH already lost her father. I am quite sure from my own past dealings with manipulative narcissistic type people that they are adept at using a person’s weaknesses against them to gain and keep control. I would fair to wager that TS used HH’s fear of being an orphan “if the people framing TS were to succeed” to have HH’s compliance in assisting TS with certain things after it was known that Gannon was missing. She probably used the “evidence” of AS kicking them out of the house to “prove” that HH had no family left but TS.

HH might be 17, but she is far from an adult mentally, especially in today’s society where a lot of helicopter parenting exists. My guess is that HH was used to obeying her mother in general. That natural obedience, combined with the lies TS was spewing and her fear of being left without anyone in the world, led to her refusal to cooperate with LE. MOO.
I had not thought about the impact losing her Dad might have. That's a good point. So young to lose both of her parents, that may have been a real fear in her mind.

Another WS'er wrote a great post in the last thread. Generation Z are being raised by "Lawn-Mower" parents. They have no adversity, challenges, disappointments, responsibilities, failures, or problems. Their paths in life are cleared of all that nonsense stuff in advance.

According to the AA, it seems that LS told the truth about GS coming home with her on Monday, Jan 27 after the trip north in AS truck. Since GS was not seen on the video made public, I'm very, very curious about that:

Where was GS? Was he perhaps asleep in the truck and therefore not seen when LS got home and walked to the house (as captured on neighbor's surveillance)?

How was GS so out of camera range that he was not picked up the surveillance video? Also, GS arriving home with LS doesn't really support the claim of AS watching the video and crying that LS lied.

I really want to know how GS got home and back inside the house on Monday afternoon!

MOO the shadow on the rear passenger side tells the story, he gets out of car immediately, exiting by the furthest door from the driver. MOO then he goes toward the garage and probably sobbing runs down to his room and bed.
The monster follows.

I also think its possible she left garbage bags of bloody evidence by the gate to bring out to Tiguan after dark, possibly leaving traces of blood in the backyard and gate area.

RSBM- That makes sense of all those trips out the back door. Per the AA- 97. The ADT log indicates the door to the back yard was opened and closed 10 times between 2:30-3:30 PM. Good thinking Dre!!!

Now what dumpster did all those bags go in to? If only we knew ...

They’ll get her. She’ll be deposed before trial, and have to tell the truth under penalty of perjury.

If she wants to plead the Fifth, the prosecution could offer her an immunity deal that would inhibit her ability to do that, and force her to talk.

She is very important in all of this, and if she doesn’t decide to do the right thing, then she can be compelled to.
Would love hearing what she knows.

I don't want to sound like I'm dismissing you or people that have commented about HH's upbringing being a reason for not cooperating or having an unfailing allegiance to their parent. But, serious question from me is where is the the line? Because one reason I've flipped on feeling sorry for HH to being very suspicious is that this is a murder case of her step brother. I feel she should have been very open to relaying on the oddities of her mother's behavior to investigators prior to the arrest given what we read about her in the AA.

So where is that line - should people raised by a TS type person be treated differently if they actively participate in murdering someone with their mothers? Covering up murder? Participating in something not as bad as murder? Knowing info but not cooperating? Knowing nothing and not cooperating? Note I'm *NOT* saying HH is involved at all in the act of murder. Just wondering where she stops being a victim that doesn't deserve judgement of her behavior for people that sympathize with her upbringing.

I completely understand and sympathize with those that can compare their own upbringing with HH's, so please don't take this post as confrontational, I'm just genuinely curious of where the line is crossed from victim to willing participant. Regarding HH specifically, what would need to come out in this case to come to a mindset of "despite her upbringing she really isn't a victim here - should have known better and <fill_in_the_blanks_here> is inexcusable behavior."

BBM:

Great questions!

The answers are somewhat subjective, but I'll give you my opinion.
I was willing to give HH the benefit of the doubt until I read the affidavit.

The line for me was upon discovering that she refused to cooperate with investigators in the case of her missing, vulnerable, 11-year-old stepbrother.

For me, there's the Red Line. HH crossed it.

The argument that "she's a minor" is not going to cut it for me. At all.

Moral development, i.e., knowing right from wrong, understanding the link between actions and consequences, empathy, etc., occurs prior to the age of 18.
There's not a magic switch at 18, where, Voila! People reach an age of moral accountability.

If HH doesn't know the difference b/t right and wrong now, she likely never will.
I personally suspect she never will…or if she does, she'll disregard it, just as she disregarded it in this case.

Either wittingly or unwittingly, and, frankly, none of us knows which is the case, HH aided TS in cleaning up a crime scene by purchasing cleaning supplies for her, then taking LS out of the house while TS scrubbed TS's blood off of walls, floors, etc.

Do I think HH knew at the time she was purchasing supplies to help her mother clean up a bloody murder scene?
No.

Do I think HH now realizes she purchased supplies to help her mother clean up a bloody murder scene?
Heck, yeah.

She knows.

HH has lied to reporters for her mother.
Even little kids know lying is wrong.

The argument that, "Well, she probably believed her mother," is laughable to me.
Do people honestly think HH doesn't know that her mother is a consummate liar?
She knows her mother lies with practically every exhaled breath.

She also knows her mother did something bad to GS.
She made a decision not to cooperate with LE.

Which is to say, she made a decision not to help investigators find her missing 11-year-old stepbrother.

There's my
Red Line.

JMO.

Last edited:
I don't want to sound like I'm dismissing you or people that have commented about HH's upbringing being a reason for not cooperating or having an unfailing allegiance to their parent. But, serious question from me is where is the the line? Because one reason I've flipped on feeling sorry for HH to being very suspicious is that this is a murder case of her step brother. I feel she should have been very open to relaying on the oddities of her mother's behavior to investigators prior to the arrest given what we read about her in the AA.

So where is that line - should people raised by a TS type person be treated differently if they actively participate in murdering someone with their mothers? Covering up murder? Participating in something not as bad as murder? Knowing info but not cooperating? Knowing nothing and not cooperating? Note I'm *NOT* saying HH is involved at all in the act of murder. Just wondering where she stops being a victim that doesn't deserve judgement of her behavior for people that sympathize with her upbringing.

I completely understand and sympathize with those that can compare their own upbringing with HH's, so please don't take this post as confrontational, I'm just genuinely curious of where the line is crossed from victim to willing participant. Regarding HH specifically, what would need to come out in this case to come to a mindset of "despite her upbringing she really isn't a victim here - should have known better and <fill_in_the_blanks_here> is inexcusable behavior."
I don’t feel sorry for her. I think she’s a brainwashed individual whose perceptions and beliefs have been deeply affected over time by her mother’s psychological violence. The extent of that impact is likely known to LE and FBI behavioral experts, and they have an opinion of where HH fits in any complicity. Or doesn’t. Or, that impression is still evolving.

I see some wanting this to be a clean and clear case where HH consciously made a decision at a particular point to step over a line and become a calculating complicit actor in concealment of a murder. This view is especially remarkable to me when it’s accompanied by characterizations of LS as a severely disordered person who is routinely deceptive, highly manipulative, and skilled in psychologically vicious behaviors such as gaslighting, bullying, and a long list of insidious and smoke and mirrors abuses. Not pointing to you, just saying this case has been loaded with these descriptions of LS, right next to claims that HH should have known, did know, lied for LS, is essentially guilty, etc. This defies reason to me. It’s also unlikely to me that LS would disclose to HH what she actually did to Gannon. So if HH helped after the fact, what exactly did she believe she was helping with?

HH may be taken into custody before it’s over, or have to make a deal, or she might land on the witness stand, or under the care of a team of psychiatrists who say she’s a victim too. Or who knows. I just don’t think it’s tenable at this time to declare her a co-conspirator because there is too much we don’t know. We really don’t even know how LS could pull off this murder at all between arriving home that afternoon and the call to police - and clean up that brutal of a scene, that to the naked eye, reflected nothing remarkable. And then hide Gannon, even from the police.

I can’t help but notice that HH was never with LS when LS was on her criminal missions, and was then called to duty in circumstances where she was entering the picture in the middle or after the fact.

For me it’s not a case of sympathizing with her upbringing, rather, it’s recognizing that LS and her kind use anyone and everyone and I’m sure that’s being sorted out.

how long does blood have to sit to seep from carpet, to carpet pad, to cement? Im guessing its longer than an hour so if they arrived home at 2:20 and Laina arrived at 3:15 its not adding up to enough time. I wish I could test that. Even if Gannon was left there for an hour and it pooled in that period, that would mean she still needed to remove his bedding, clean the walls, clean the spot in the utility room, and the stairs basically getting into the time HH returned home. Thats a lot of work
^^sbm

I've replaced a lot of rental property carpets over the years and my experience is that stains down to the pad and concrete are typically the result of wet cleaning. I see the stains described in the AA more the result of LS taking carpet brushes and vinegar to the blood than blood actually pooling and penetrating the carpet to pad and concrete.

I think LS was wiping down the walls while HH and the younger child were shopping -- if not before.

I think LS probably cleaned any blood on the stairs and/or trail to the garage first before the police came by to take the report of GS a runaway.

Perhaps LS did in-fact leave blood on the bedroom carpet for hours since it would have been hidden from view unless the bed moved. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa