Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to see this case finally going to trial next month! Gannon no longer gets a chance to have a meal. IMO.

Hope judge will dismiss her lawsuit.

Leticia Stauch has a pending federal lawsuit claiming her first and eighth amendment rights were violated in jail. Stauch names a medical service provider, and a food service provider, as well as two El Paso County deputies in the complaint.

Stauch claims she's been mistreated while in jail by claiming she was not properly given kosher food and that the jail neglected to give her medical care.

Fortunately, mental illness does not equal insanity. And I for one am not impressed with the defense's expert witness that hasn't been able to produce a written evaluation after months. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I mean really. It’s like, oops, guess I’d better check on that small detail.

Of course this expert hasn’t been frustratingly waiting for justice to come for this little boy like we have. It doesn’t seem like it anyway.

So glad to see this case finally going to trial next month! Gannon no longer gets a chance to have a meal. IMO.

Leticia Stauch has a pending federal lawsuit claiming her first and eighth amendment rights were violated in jail. Stauch names a medical service provider, and a food service provider, as well as two El Paso County deputies in the complaint.

Stauch claims she's been mistreated while in jail by claiming she was not properly given kosher food and that the jail neglected to give her medical care.

LS's defense has been doing backflips to introduce NGRI to the court when meanwhile, back at the ranch -- LS is drafting a very articulate civil rights violation complaint!

From the quoted link:

"It's generally a complex area of the law and it's decently articulated in the complaint," Longo said, "imagine if you're her defense team, Judge Warner allowed you to change your plea to bring in some of the psychological factors that we've seen, you're really backtracking, it's kind of one step forward, five steps back with this case," Longo said

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
3/9/23 - Escape
1:30 PM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Review WAppearance of Parties D212020CR3170 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

3/9/23 - Murder
1:30 PM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Pre-Trial Readiness Conference D212020CR1358 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

3/20/23 - Escape
9:00 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Review WAppearance of Parties D212020CR3170 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

3/20/23 - Murder
9:00 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Jury Trial D212020CR1358 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

link: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

and from my notes regarding this lawsuit:
12/28/22 Update: Attorneys representing El Paso County & two El Paso County sheriff's deputies filed a motion in federal court on Wednesday to dismiss a lawsuit filed by Stauch. The lawsuit, filed on Sept. 22, 2022 claims El Paso County, the jail's food provider, a pair of El Paso County sheriff's deputies & the jail's medical provider had mistreated Stauch & violated her First & Eighth Amendment rights, which protect the freedom of religion & protect against cruel & unusual punishment, respectively. The motion states that even if Stauch's First Amendment rights had been violated that the two named deputies specifically could not be responsible for any such violation. The motion also says El Paso County should not be named as a defendant because it does not have control over the jail; rather, the Sheriff's Office does. Magistrate Judge Shane Kato Crews has yet to make a ruling on the motion.

I'm reposting the complaint LS filed about the food and stomach issues violations. It was uploaded by ABC15 News. Apart from some misspellings the document appears to be orderly and outlines L's Constitutional Rights violations. Far from insane. But the more you read the more it becomes apparent that there's a lot of disconnected rambling. It got weird. For example, at times she writes about violations concerning herself but at other times she almost sounds like she's representing other inmates whose rights have been violated.

I still don't understand the Kosher connection; she doesn't appear to be a practicing Jew. Is this a case of her insisting on Kosher meals because she read that the quality was better? Old travel magazines used to recommend choosing alternate diet meals on flights for that reason. If that's the case then perhaps she would do better with a Halal or vegetarian choice? Or maybe with her stomach problems a dairy free diet would help.

She also mentions being fed "Smeat," which upon Googling the best I could discover is that it's a fictional prop used in movies and TV shows when producers don't want to disclose National brands. IOW it's a substitute name for Spam. Maybe that's what the food supplier calls it? I dunno.

As for the IBS-C, well, I don't want to get into it and y'all can read for yourselves. Also the head injury. ribs damage, nightmares and sleepwalking. This is while she's in jail; imagine what she'll be like when she goes to prison.

OMG I read her complaints and grievances and all I can say is that she must be one huge pain in the @$$ to the jail staff! I feel sorry for anyone who has to interact with her. This is typical behavior for a sociopathic borderline. .

Also, her stomach issues sound eerily similar to those that Gannon suffered from. She’s such a sicko.

OMG I read her complaints and grievances and all I can say is that she must be one huge pain in the @$$ to the jail staff! I feel sorry for anyone who has to interact with her. This is typical behavior for a sociopathic borderline. .

Also, her stomach issues sound eerily similar to those that Gannon suffered from. She’s such a sicko.
The more we see how she acts and her issues the more my heart breaks for Gannon and his sister . Life with her must of been hell.i hope Gannon's sister is getting all the help she needs to deal with all the trauma. I hope she is living her best most loved life. I hope LS is sentenced to life and that she is haunted every day for what she did but that's just my opinion.

The more we see how she acts and her issues the more my heart breaks for Gannon and his sister . Life with her must of been hell.i hope Gannon's sister is getting all the help she needs to deal with all the trauma. I hope she is living her best most loved life. I hope LS is sentenced to life and that she is haunted every day for what she did but that's just my opinion.
Oh, you know life with her was hell! I haven’t followed this case for awhile but still remember so much of it. Made me so upset for a long time for Gannon and his loved ones. Still remember Gannon's mom's interviews/videos. Got tired of LS and her entitlement behavior… which she first revealed during that interview with the reporter. Ugh!

I could care less about whether LS is fed kosher food or any food for that matter. That was taken away from Gannon… he is no longer able to enjoy a meal with his loved ones. moo

What about Letitia's older daughter? I forget her name, but will she be testifying at the trial?
Unless something has changed, yes.

“The complaint also lists several hundred witnesses, including dozens of law enforcement members, including several from the Federal Bureau of Investigation based in Colorado and South Carolina, where Stauch was arrested.

The witness list also includes Stauch's daughter, and both Gannon's biological parents, Landon Hiott and Al Stauch.”

8 new documents from the prosecution have been added to the court site.

Court documents

Those are common “housekeeping” motions - it’s to eliminate the need to have a live witness testify as to the authenticity of each document. For example, things like medical, police, and phone records are hearsay under the rules of evidence; they typically get admitted as a business record exception. Not a CO atty so JMO.

Jury selection may take a while for the upcoming trial for Letecia Stauch, a Colorado woman accused of murdering her stepson in 2020, an El Paso County judge said.

Werner set a deadline of March 9 for all other motions and said jury selection would begin on March 20 with the trial itself slated to begin on April 3. During a motions hearing last week, he added that jury selection could potentially take a while, up to months.

Last edited:

From the complaint (snipped below), it appears that effective June 7, 2017, LS took out life insurance for herself and included a child rider for term insurance at $25K for each child including GS. (Complaint only identified GS with life rider for privacy reasons).

LS was the beneficiary for GS's policy if living, and/or otherwise payable to GS's Estate.

Since GS's parents are the assumed beneficiaries of his estate, the bio-parents are named in the suit and placed on notice that the death benefit monies will be placed with the court for the estate/parents to duke it out --- and for USAA Life Insurance to receive reasonable attorney fees.

The suit is a formality where USAA Insurance recognized LS is scheduled to go on trial in March for causing the death of GS and putting the AS and LH on notice.

A similar suit was filed for the Watts case. Insurers are not in the position to determine the rightful beneficiaries and prefer the court figure it out and disburse the monies as they deem appropriate. MOO

1676792725345.png

1676792859354.png

1676792958349.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads