CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
"When I discovered [Gannon] was found in Florida, I just wanted to believe it was a coincidence."

Believed her mother until this November just gone.

Never seen her change personalities. Never witnessed instances of her not recognising her family. Never knew of her having any mental health diagnosis or treatment in her lifetime. Never known her to see a therapist. She knew right from wrong, could check into hotels, obeyed traffic laws.

HH has seen people with mental illnesses in the past. Never seen evidence of this in her mother.

Did she have the ability to form intent, form judgement, make plans and follow through. YES. YES. YES.

Never went by the name Jasmine. Never thought she was the Disney princess or claimed she was going to Saudi Arabia. Did go by Taylor, but had no personality change. Jeez, I'm not keeping up with all the names. Sorry folks. It's all no, no, no, she's never heard herself refer to herself by these names or change personalities or speak in accents.

HH was afraid she would be charged as an accessory. Flew out and gave a statement 'because it was the right thing to do'. Was made no promises that there would not be charges. Understood the consequences she could face. Now knows she could not be charged with that crime. Proffer agreement from Aug 2020 admitted into evidence.

Break before cross!

DA asks did she ever ask, what are we doing, where are we going all this time, etc.

"I didn't really question her a lot. If I did, I would be told I was being disrespectful." Consequence of being disrespectful was a backhand across the face from LS.

BOOM.
Well with our eyes we can see it is nothing for LS to throw a punch.

Thanks! Haven't had a new build since 1986. I think there was in fact one rectangle of carpet in the garage when we arrived.

I agree with you. She probably factored it into her plans to use fire on Gannon and then helpfully and cheerfully get the carpet repaired (so AS wouldn't be mad) and everything would go back to normal and they'd play happy family again.

I have never witnessed such a profound disregard for human life, except maybe the time I worked in the serial rapist unit at a state mental hospital. They were in fact a cheerful bunch who acted super normal (and I mean overly normal given their situation). The men in the pedophile ward next door had a hard time meeting my eyes even just when walking through their space and did not want to participate in research projects (a couple were very happy to talk about their shared "project" though - which was running the hospital's news letter; they were permitted to have typewriters and paper, the rapists weren't).

It's almost as if Letecia has no notion of anyone else as a person. Just herself. And since she's so warped, I don't know how she has any concept of other people being different than herself. This would of course make her incapable of feeling love for anyone. This is not easy for me to explain.

IMO.
She acts like a psychopath. No remorse or empathy even for to HH.

Back from lunch and Hunt is back on the witness stand. Hunt is testifying about how when police arrived at her home Stauch told her not to open the door. Hunt testified that throughout most of the 28th she was unsure where her mom was.

Hunt tells her mom in one text that she told detectives she wasn't "going anywhere or saying anything," and Stauch responds with "good, keep saying that."

A ton of the texts shown in court have been Stauch questioning her daughter about what is going on at the house, and what people are saying and doing while she isn't there, which Hunt says she wasn't for almost the whole day. "I have to get an attorney fast," Stauch texts Hunt

Hunt is now testifying regarding events that took place on Jan. 29, which included returning Stauch's rental car to the airport, and picking up her mom from a Taco Bell, which Hunt said "was weird" since she was originally at the hospital and was planning on picking her up there.

Hunt testified that eventually, on Feb. 1, her and Stauch left Colorado, and Hunt wasn't even sure where they were going. "I remember she kept just saying where do you want to live," Hunt said, adding that first it was Texas, then Florida, then finally South Carolina.

Hunt just testified that she didn't ask Stauch a lot of questions about what was going on at this time because she "would be told I was being disrespectful," and that often times when Stauch told her that she would hit her in the face with a "backhand.”

"Did you help your mom throw that suitcase over the bridge in Pensacola, Florida," prosecutor Dave Young said. “No I did not,” Hunt responded.

Harley is back on the testimony stand talking about text messages and conversations with her mom on January 28, 2020.

“She (Letecia) had called me and told me to leave the house. She tried to get me to leave Laina there. And I told her I didn’t want to. I didn’t feel comfortable doing that,” said Harley.

Harley said she opened the garage door as she was about to leave with Laina. She said detectives stopped her outside of their home. “They asked me questions, and I answered it… I didn’t want to talk. At this point I don’t know what’s going on... I’m just so confused.”

Some of the text messages from Letecia to Harley say: “Has any other family asked where I was… like our family” “I have to get an attorney fast” “What’s the guy saying” “Who is there” “I’ve been set up” These messages around from around 10 p.m. on January 28, 2020.

Harley said she had been advised multiple times by Letecia to not answer the door for detectives and not answer any questions. “She just kept saying, ‘Don’t say anything, you’re a minor, and you shouldn’t be answering questions.’”

Harley testified saying Letecia told her to come to a hotel on the night of January 28. “She said that she didn’t want to be in the house with Albert and Landon (Gannon’s biological mom) and his family… She didn’t want me there with them," said Harley.

Harley said eventually Letecia showed up at the hotel, and Letecia said they need to go home. The two then go back to the Stauch home in Harley’s car. “She kept being paranoid I guess you could say,” said Harley.

Harley said the next morning on January 29, Harley drove Letecia to the airport to drop off the keys to the rental car. “I remember we were driving there and she told me, 'don’t speed, I think someone is following us,'" said Harley.

Harley testified about picking Letecia up from the hospital later in the day on January 29. She said instead of picking her mom up at the hospital, she was told to go to the nearby Taco Bell instead. “It was weird,” said Harley.

When she got in the car, “She was just rambling a bunch of different things," said Harley.

Harley is now testifying about the interaction between Letecia, Harley and law enforcement outside of the Marshall’s on January 30. “They took my phone and as we were talking out, they put me in handcuffs,” said Harley, who added it made her feel “bad.”

Harley said the next day their family rented a van and went to the Stauch home to gather belongings. Harley said police looked through everything. “Police were checking anything we took out. If it were books, they had to go through the pages. We couldn’t take any technology.”

The next day, Harley said Letecia told her that they’re leaving, but she didn’t know where they were going. “She just kept saying, where do you want to live? I was just confused, ” said Harley.

“When she was asking me, where do you want to live, the destination kept changing. She was just talking about starting a new life,” said Harley. “She just kept saying that Albert went against her and doesn’t believe her. That’s why she wanted to leave.”

Harley testified saying she didn’t notice anything unusual in the back of the van, and didn’t notice an unusual smell. Harley and Letecia drove the van to South Carolina.

Harley said she didn’t question her mom during the drive. “I didn’t really question her a whole lot… I would be told that I’m being disrespectful or talking back… Sometimes she would backhand me, to my face,” said Harley.

When asked about Letecia’s demeanor when they arrived to a hotel in Pensacola, Florida, Harley said, “she was acting normal.” Harley said she never went to the back of the van to get clothes, and never smelled anything unusual.

When prosecution asked Harley if she knew why they were asking these questions, “Because Gannon was back there. Because you guys told me there was evidence that he was back there,” said Harley.

Prosecution: “I’m going to ask you a direct question. Did you help your mother throw that suitcase over a bridge in Pensacola, Florida?" Harley: “No I did not.”

Prosecution: “I’m going to ask you a direct question. Did you help your mother throw that suitcase over a bridge in Pensacola, Florida?" Harley: “No I did not.”

Harley testified saying when she learned that Gannon’s body was found, “It was weird because we were in Florida.” Harley said she wanted to think it was a coincidence or that somebody did follow them.

“I started having questions, I believed her for awhile. It wasn’t until this past November, it was recently,” said Harley. When asked about Letecia pleading not guilty by reason of insanity. “I didn’t know what it meant at first,” said Harley.

Harley also testified saying she was concerned she may be charged with a crime, “that I would be an accessory in a first degree murder.”

Harley then acknowledged flying to Colorado to give local law enforcement a statement. Prosecution: “Why did you do that?” Harley: “Because it’s the right thing to do.”

Harley testified saying her mom never changed personalities, and knew right from wrong before, during, and after Gannon’s disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim