CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniela Leon on Twitter
Dan May says he can’t comment on the current search for #KelseyBerreth body.
Dy5X5FpUcAEx6UA.jpg

Lance Benzel on Twitter
DA Dan May tells me he has a copy of Kenney’s statement and plans to read it. I heard her say, “I knew Patrick #Frazee committed homicide,” in admitting she tampered with a cellphone. @csgazette #Berreth

Laura Wilson on Twitter
District Attorney Dan May said he cannot comment on the nature of the relationship between #KrystalKenney and #PatrickFrazee at this time @KOAA #kelseyberreth

Last edited:
It could be a long time before she testifies (and is sentenced). It seems like she could use some protection until then because if someone decides they don’t want her around her testimony could go bye bye. And her own mental state it is probably not good.

For the attorneys, would any statements she makes to a judge or maybe in a taped confession be allowed at PF’s trial if something happens to her?

If they were under oath and the defense had access to the proceeding, yes.

You can split hairs over it. She has to tell the truth. They already know what that is or there wouldn’t have been a deal in the first place.
With great respect Rio, because trust me, I have the utmost respect for your profession (I am mother to and wife of....) I will never forget Karla Holmolka. While I know it was an anomaly, I also know that criminals are well-rehearsed liars who always minimize their own involvement and can never, not for one moment, be trusted. I understand (even if I don't like) the need to make deals. This particular one feels very off to me. (That is my opinion, I have no proof to back that up, just an opinion, so I have been extra testy about it.)

Last edited:
Daniela Leon on Twitter
DA says he can’t comment as to why they agreed to a guilty plea. He says to ask come February 19 when Frazee is due back in court. He says it’s a fair question but today is not the day to answer that.

Spencer Wilson on Twitter
Idaho nurse Krystal Lee is not in custody, she just needs to come to her court dates. Felony summons means she hasn’t been arrested, but has a mandate to come to court. Had her fingerprints and photo taken also (see previous tweet) #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee @KKTV11News

Spencer Wilson on Twitter
Dy5WwkOU0AABq4j.jpg

DA Dan May confirms three years tops in prison for sentencing. Her sentencing is postponed until all other cases pertaining to #KelseyBerreth are finished. Lee will have to testify in cases. full statement is “I moved the victim’s cellphone between Nov. 24-25.”

Lance Benzel on Twitter
CX: Normal sentencing range for evidence tampering is 18 months but judge could impose up to 3 years if he finds aggravating circumstances. @csgazette

@riolove77, @gitana1, @PrairieWind or other attorneys:

Are you surprised at the vagueness of what KKL said about what she did with the phone? She only mentioned “moving” the phone, I believe. Nothing about whether she composed/sent texts, and nothing about disposal of the phone.

Do you think the limited info about the phone was done in cooperation with the prosecution, to limit what PF can know that they know?

Or, was KKL limiting what she said to protect herself from the prosecution until such time that a deposition is given?

Timeline:

Dec 21- PF arrested. Dec 22 Twin Falls search warrants started.

Can we assume that LE got to KK before Dec 21, the reasoning being that PF was charged with three counts of solicitation the day before the Twin Falls warrants. Warrants are based on solid evidence. And we are pretty sure the solicitation is with KK.

Seems LE was all over KK well before Dec. 21st, and we didn't know it.

The Twin Falls search was Dec 15th.

"Twin Falls, Idaho police announced Saturday on the city's website that the FBI had reached out to their department and the Twin Falls County Sheriff's Office to ask for their help on Dec. 15.

Investigators with both departments worked with the FBI and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to prepare and serve several search warrants and process some items of evidence in the case of missing 29-year-old Woodland Park mom Kelsey Berreth."

FBI reached out to Twin Falls police to process evidence related to Kelsey Berreth's disappearance

Yes, I think this is key IMO. We have speculated that more players may be involved, that he may have gotten someone else to kill her - but it looks like he told KK he did it based on what she said in court. Huge IMO. Now we know.

KK stated she learned PF committed homicide on or about November 22nd in Teller County and she moved KB’s cell phone with intent to impair the phones availability in Teller County on November 24th or 25th, 2018.

Last edited:
LE has evidence against KK. KK doesn't know all the evidence LE has on her, so if she is agreeing to testify, do we assume she has agreed to tell everything she knows in exchange for charges/sentencing leniency?

What if LE has additional criminal activity info on KK, that KK has not disclosed? LE wants/needs her testimony so maybe they go with what they have now, but can they charge or resentence her after her testimony against PF for what she didn't disclose (assuming she didn't fully disclose)?
That is why her lawyer demanded full disclosure, so that they were fully aware of all that they "had" on her and any and all witnesses they planned to use against her.

With no hair dryer, tongs, rollers, setting lotion or shine spray. That’ll be what breaks her.
LOL and full make up kit! You said what I thought earlier. My grandma used to call that getting "gussied up" or if she didn't like you, she'd call it getting "hussied up". lol gramma was a card!

Dy5TjJFU8AAtrYu.jpg

Springs Police‏Verified account @CSPDPIO 2m2 minutes ago
At the request of the 4th Judicial District DA's Office and the Woodland Park Police Department, here is the photo of Krystal Lee Kenney, 32 charged in connection with the Woodland Park Kelsey Berreth investigation.
Oh I know it's wrong to be so joyful at this photo, but I am and I'm not going to lie. I wish she would be held in jail pending trial.

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member