CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman whose gun is missing a bullet had promised to lie for KK (if necessary). KK sent her a fake text asking to spend the night because she didn't want her ex-husband to know where she was going.

I think the data you are referring to was google data, not her cellphone. Apparently her ex-husband had her password and could access that data. I imagine she turned it off so because she didn't want him to know where she was going.

Emphasis mine and bingo! Another one we can't trust because she's already covering for KK. That she told LE about the missing bullet may mean that was a bridge too far her, but we can't be sure. That she was in on a lie, at the start, makes her pretty impeachable, I would think.

It's not clear what her phone records say about where the phone pinged prior to the 23rd. She obviously made an effort to turn off the Google tracking so it's also possible that she did the same with her phone.

I was curious about whether a phone would ping while turned off so I googled. Unfortunately, I got conflicting answers. One mentioned removing the SIM card would prevent any tracking. That makes sense sense unless there's some other backdoor device in phones that connects to towers, which is possible. Here's something I found from a detective which addresses the issue of the battery, as well as a little bag you can put your phone in to block all signals:

Can the police track your cell phone if it's turned off?

https://www.quora.com/Can-the-police-track-your-cell-phone-if-its-turned-off

I know nothing about tech so I have no clue. I know I read that KK's phone was a Samsung and you can do different things with different phones (like remove the battery) but I don't know her phone and model. I suppose we'll learn more about her phone(s) and phone records at trial. Until that time, I've seen no claims of technological proof that her phone was in Idaho prior to the 23rd. So, what we have are people she's close to saying that. Given the shady nature of the flying monkeys who have been doing her bidding, I prefer other evidence, be that tech/phone records and/or local pings or her caught on some local CCTV. Until I see that, I'm open to the possibility that she may have been in Colorado. Considering the fact that she traveled thousands of miles, in a couple of months, to stalk Kelsey and, by her own account, came close to murdering her (pipe & baseball bat - HER bat, btw) I'm of the opinion that she was very f-ing serious about wanting Kelsey dead.

None of that absolves Patrick Frazee of anything.

Oh, and, if the neighbors security cam showed Frazee at Kelsey's, it should also show KK when she arrived and left the scene, right? If such footage exists, it could explain LE being certain KK didn't enter Kelsey's home until the 24th.
Just a thought. If KK was in CO on the 22nd, my guess is they'd have her on video at Sonic :)

Kidding aside, I can't see LE and the DA screwing this up. But hey! PF will have his day in court if he pleads not guilty, which many of us believe he will. It will be up to his attorney to prove KK was there if that's where they want to attempt to shift the blame. I'm sure they'll do a real number on KK, but I'm not sure they can prove she's the killer. Although, that mugshot makes me wonder :eek:

If it’s not, I would hope the media would employ a couple of court reporters to document the questions and testimony. Actually, I am very surprised that they seemed to keep up so well with the texts. Very hard to text and listen at the same time.
Maybe you weren't ever a secretary taking dictation. I did that work in college. Not hard at all to type (which is how I took dictation) and listen at the same time. My typing skills were great then, and I bet the reporters are great at texting.

But, of course, I like it best when we can see for ourselves what is happening in the courtroom.

jmo

So, let me ask this and I sincerely apologize if it'a already been discussed. If a person (KK) takes a plea and then it turns out said person is the one who actually committed say, a murder, the LE & DA then cannot arrest said person for Murder? Are there ANY charges that said person could be arrested for? Or once you take a deal, you are completely protected from any further charges?

We can be sure it's all spelled out on paper signed by all concerned.

Some time....maybe around the second hour....of cleaning up blood and brains from the home and ohmigosh, the TOYS, a woman might gain the realization that this could but for the grace of God be her blood and her brains and her children's toys.

I don't think KK is going to have any regrets about PF being baseball-batless in the klink.

She may have lost her career and the respect of all who know her but she just might live to old age.

I can imagine that KB was probably beaten severely. Over kill is most common in murders committed by people who know each other. As awful as it is happen, even worse to imagine, but IMO he may have broken every bone in her body, and I am sure her skull was in many pieces. He was a big man and she was very petite.

God bless KB. May her family find peace and joy through her beautiful daughter.

Next to the last sentence in the above timeline on Nov 22nd. When PF called KK to "get down here" and K stated " she could not " then PF said "Just *advertiser censored***** talk" I think if we knew or could hear the tone of his voice when he made that statement we could have a clearer idea of what PF and KK's relationship was. Did he say those words in a sense- I need you to talk to me I am so emotional ? Or, did he say it with a sense , just *advertiser censored***** talk and I will be coming for you. If he really said that and we knew the connotation it would be telling. IMO If this was really said by PF to KK.

Edited: to add left out thought

I have thought that PF was really, really stressed and he wanted KK to talk to him (about just anything that came to mind) to take his mind off what he had done.

No, I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. Any of it. He did not snap. KB's murder WAS PLANNED. It is true that many murders are the result of people whose emotions are fried, and prior to killing, may've toyed with the idea---but this case is NOT one of those cases. PF was not "toying" with the idea, he was soliciting it with the expectation of it being carried out. He is a diabolical human being who solicited KB's murder at least three times between September 23rd and October 21st with the expectation that he would get a phone call from KK that the deed was done. He was not at a breaking point and just happened to boil over--he is a cold, calculating murderer.
Yes, the whole candle game (if true) points to premeditation.

Then everybody lied for her and said she was in Idaho when she wasn't. Cell phone ping data was wrong saying that she was in Idaho. Her friend lied about the day and time she picked up the borrowed car. I guess expect a lot more people to be charged....MOO

I will say, I am having a hard time believing the friend about the car. I would bet my bottom dollar that the reason the vehicle was exchanged is because KK asked for it, and not the other way around.

Sam later corrected his tweet:

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Prosecutors are saying K was in the back room while the murder happened. They say Kelsey was killed in the living room. Blame the courtroom acoustics. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #ParrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

(baby's name changed to initial K by me)

No, it was PF's phone that pinged off the tower near KB's home and later in Divide.
MOO

See the affadavit #20 "Following those connections, both phones were seen by towers near cripple creek, te evening of Nov 22... "PF and KB's phones

KK may have actually poisoned the coffee which she gave Kelsey and used something more lethal than Ambien. (Kelsey might not have consumed the coffee or consumed enough to become ill.)

KK may be worried that traces of poison would be found in KK's house or that traces will be located in human remains that might be found. KK wants everyone to know that she isn't the source of any poison that's found.
MOO

I really don't think she drank any of it, probably dumped it down the sink.

Maybe you weren't ever a secretary taking dictation. I did that work in college. Not hard at all to type (which is how I took dictation) and listen at the same time. My typing skills were great then, and I bet the reporters are great at texting.

But, of course, I like it best when we can see for ourselves what is happening in the courtroom.

jmo
I took dictation in an office setting...Gregg. However, difference between mundane business meetings, letters, and really trying to catch every nuance in testimony and to watch all of the players in a court room. Difference between documenting and reporting.

Oh ok.....so I had part of that wrong.

So Gun #1 was returned to the friend eventually. Thats how she knew a bullet was missing and 1 in chamber.

And Gun#2 KB's gun was the one that ended up with someone in Idaho.

Man, KK sure had friends in Idaho that would do crazy things for her. Not only does her friend let her borrow a car that was involved in a murder cleanup. Now we have another male person that ends up with a gun of a murder victim.
She knows how manipulate people.

Let's not get carried away and declare KK a total truth-teller.

She and the lawyers had lots of time to sort out what she would agree to tell LE, giving them the backbone of their case while protecting her from life in lock-up.

I also think a girl who had lived the glory of being a Rodeo Queen would be concerned about protecting some semblance of a reputation.

The good news is the bat-wielder is locked up for good.
How exactly does her horrifying tale of coming thisclose to committing the murder herself and then cleaning up the crime scene in any way preserve any tiny bit of reputation she may have had left after all of the rumors and speculation?

Her tale left me picking my jaw up off the floor multiple times. I'm sure I'm not alone here. She's not in jail, but she has no job, no reputation, she's exposed herself as a disgustingly horrible excuse for a mother and a human being - please explain how, how exactly is she "preserving some semblance of a reputation"???

If KK actually killed KB (which I don't think she did) and police discover she did it, they absolutely would abandon the plea deal and go after her with murder charges.

Because KK was pushed into a corner by cell phone records we know there will not be a Perry Mason moment where she (or someone else) stands up and yells, "I did it!"

Did they ever clarify anything about the security camera that captured the images of KB and PF at the condo on 11/22? I’m very curious when they obtained that footage and why there seem to be only two images on 11/22, no more? Were they not able to obtain later dates? This puzzles me. I’m hoping they have more images just are not releasing them until trial. Would that make sense?

The information lends itself to questions, but I don’t see any plausible way that one can spin some alternate theory that KK was the killer.

That’s the thing I’m arguing against.

I’m convinced that PF killed Kelsey, and that it mostly happened the way that KK said it did.

I had to laugh at the "Mostly" part. LOL

One thing I am sure of is that once its proven to a jury that a witness is fibbing about anything then they tend to question and may not believe everything else they are saying.

I'm voting for both sides here. PF or KK. I think both did it and there's answers yet to come to clarify everyone's questions. Great debates on who did it here. They did it, but who committed this murder?

Why did KK buy the "aluminum" bat in ID but didn't use it, and PF uses a wood bat and kills her? I'm not understanding their relationship. Oddest one yet for me. You talk about killing your fiance. You clean up her blood for him. Strange pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member