CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the confusion on where the murder took place - the affidavit at 66 says living room but Sam Kramer reported the Slater testimony as having the murder take place in the back bedroom when he was tweeting during the hearing. See screenshot. Perhaps it was mistaken reporting but that is why there is confusion. Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190221-192454_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190221-192454_Chrome.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 9
Ok I see your point I guess I’m still unsure about why investigators stated that they have no information (google or phone pings) regarding her location during the “Berreth murder”. Shouldn’t they have been able to ping her in Idaho on Thanksgiving ? There is nothing aside from eye witness accounts stating she was there. I guess I just want proof she was in Idaho on nov. 21-22 2018.
Me too.

It's one of those things that are SO BIZARRE to bring up

It would be helpful if they avoided the pronoun here, this is why it is so open to interpretation. Did they mean HIS phone was in the area or are they saying the other phone ALSO was in the area.
I interpret it to say the other (Idaho) phone pinged in Divide.

I'm not saying I doubt she was in possession of the vehicle, I am doubting the date/reason it was switched. I am convinced KK made it a point to NOT have her own vehicle when driving to CO for nefarious purposes. I'm pretty sure KK asked the friend to switch, not the other way around.
Yes, and that would make MG dishonest, IMO. What else might this friend lie about to help KK? Did she lie about the date that they switched cars?
MOO

Respectfully, the tower reference here applies to PF's phone and/or location, and NOT the instrument with an Idaho number.

PF was near KB's townhome when he called Idaho number, and his phoned pinged off a tower near KB's home (i.e., tower southwest of KB's townhome). When Idaho number called him back, his phone pinged from the same tower location (i.e., he was still near KB's townhome).

When PF received a 2nd call from the Idaho number, CBI Agent Slater said PF's phone pinged a tower near Divide -- which would be a tower near his home.

Also on 4/22, it was previously reported that PF called his Mom--SF, and PF's phone pinged the same tower near KB's townhome.

4/22?

Noted in the Arrest Affidavit KKL was taped and recorded so her interview is evidence as of that date. Regardless of what transpires her testimony is fixed. She will be cross-examined but even if she is not available there is this evidence.

Colorado law does NOT permit criminal trials to be live streamed.

There are only two criminal court hearings eligible for "Expanded Media Coverage" (EMC) (i.e., audio/video inside the courtroom) -- advisements and arraignments. These two hearings may be televised upon prior approval from the court.

Take note the last hearing on 2/19 was not eligible and/or live streamed because it was a preliminary hearing, which is not permitted.

not familiar with felony arraignments in CO but in many states they are not very long and sometimes take place via closed circuit tv links between the jail and the court. any idea what to expect in this case?

Noted in the Arrest Affidavit KKL was taped and recorded so her interview is evidence as of that date. Regardless of what transpires her testimony is fixed. She will be cross-examined but even if she is not available there is this evidence.
She has to testify or they have no case. It would be hearsay unless she gives testimony.

This trial will probably be a long ways off.

The arraignment is April 8.

With a case this complex, and the amount of evidence that has to be analyzed, it sure as hell won’t proceed to trial anytime soon.

I do think it’ll be televised though.

Edited to change “preliminary hearing” to “arraignment.”

I really, really hope this trial is televised!

I missed the previous thread being open while driving home, but wanted to say your posts #1100 and #1221 stood out ... you’re always the voice of reason in such a clear manner, which is why I enjoy hearing your thoughts.

A burner is a cheap, pre-paid phone that is difficult to trace if you pay cash for the phone and the minutes.
Right, like a tracfone.
I've read that LE can have difficulty retrieving data from them, because even if the company is a big company like Verizon, they may call the company only to find out it has been leased by Tracfone. By that time the user may have replaced the phone with a new one. Imo

It's one of those things that are SO BIZARRE to bring up

It would be helpful if they avoided the pronoun here, this is why it is so open to interpretation. Did they mean HIS
Re the confusion on where the murder took place - the affidavit at 66 says living room but Sam Kramer reported the Slater testimony as having the murder take place in the back bedroom when he was tweeting during the hearing. See screenshot. Perhaps it was mistaken reporting but that is why there is confusion. Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing
I saw this as well. I had speculated that because the child was secured this is when a mom might go upstairs briefly. This would be a time to bring up a weapon. For some reason, I thought this was also used as an office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_thinking