CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a phone usually is required for text messages. I thought most of us were aware of that. Sorry for the confusion.
Yes, but most importantly, a living person is required to send text messages.

Kelsey was dead, and although her phone sent those text messages, she did not.

I was pointing out the distinction, which you have again missed.

Kelsey didn’t send that text, just like KK’s phone was not in Colorado on the 22nd (as was stated last night).

I don’t want people being repeatedly mislead again, by factually incorrect information.

The text said she went shooting? Now that’s interesting....why would PF text that?
Because he was setting up the scenario of suicide with her own gun somewhere outside. It makes no absolutely no sense if she was beaten to death with a bat in her own home earlier that day as KK claims.

Interesting. I actually hadn't thought of that. Its possible. Maybe she had them drawn up, showed them to him as a threat, he bullied her and took them away. She didn't follow through. Just speculation. I really want to know more about these papers.

In another case that we followed, a lawyer who was a divorce lawyer was not allowed to speak at the trial because of client privilege. Even though the person was deceased. The Drew Peterson case. Would that apply here in the state of Colorado, and that is why the prosecution brought it up and wanted SF to testify perhaps?

I just thought it was very interesting that that was brought up at the preliminary, but it was not stated anywhere else. Almost like a shout out to the public to let us know if you know anything.

Your thoughts?

I just thought that the original poster had a very interesting outside the box, but not a conspiracy type of thought. It could be actually something.

Well its all according to her that he solicted her 3 times. There may be other evidence (texts) to support this, but we don't know yet. But she didn't just say "no" to these solicitations. In fact, she actually went there and made some attempts to carry out the murder (showed up with coffee, bought a bat, showed up to her house) and the reason she didn't follow through wasn't because she had moral objections, it was for other reasons (ie dog barked, someone was near, etc). This is highly relevant to the defense.
i asked this question yesterday to a few of the other legal posters and didnt receive a reply , think it got bogged down in all the posts yesterday.:confused:
but @PrairieWind can you break it down for clarity what they are saying.

in reading the affidavit again
para 60. Lee has obtained an attorney and agreed to make truthful statements and fully co-operate with investigators in consideration of charges in the captioned investigation.

I got wind somewhere that she and her legal rep came back to slater wanting to cut a deal but cant find the damn source!:mad:
wondering if this is where it may have evolved from?

Yes, but most importantly, a living person is required to send text messages.

Kelsey was dead, and although her phone sent those text messages, she did not.

I was pointing out the distinction, which you have again missed.

Kelsey didn’t send that text, just like KK’s phone was not in Colorado on the 22nd (as was stated last night).

I don’t want people being repeatedly mislead again, by factually incorrect information.
Thx for helping to clear things up, so easy for facts to get twisted up on this fast moving thread.

You and KB aren't known to each other and it will be the very first time, you are knocking on KB's door, but "just put something in her coffee" and offer it to KB with a friendly smile!
lol, if not so very devilish (like the witch in the fairy tale(.
I know. It would be hilarious if the implication wasn’t so serious.

Apparently PF believed that “stranger coffee, is the best coffee.”

Moron.

I think you were the original poster who did a really good share on the tweets. Thank you so much. I hope you are going to do that during the case when it happens to save all the tweets!

If he robbed the papers on the Nov 22, then the charge re robbery would be understandable. I never thought, it would be the phone/purse, but something very important (child or papers), IF at all "robbery" took place.
He was reportedly caught on video at the drive thru ATM at the bank.

I am guessing that the robbery may have been PF withdrawing cash from KB's bank account. As controlling as he is, he could very well have had her PIN. MOO

If I am the defense attorney, i would work very very hard on what actual evidence there is to support this. MG and KK's dad's testimony alone? or is there more? Cell records aren't going to cut it.
yes this is what I think too.
there MUST be more they keeping up their sleeve because imo the defence has plenty of room for doubt with this evidence.
lets bloody hope so!!

Warning, this is just going to be a stream of consciousness comment about PF trying to paint KB as mentally unstable.

first off I will just say: gaslighting.

In MOO, he escalated to murder because (if I recall correctly) she had sought treatment for depression. For anyone familiar with abusers, gaslighting can push people to the brink of suicide/despondency. It can begin with simply moving someone’s car keys or phone, or saying “you forgot this”... And before you know it, you’re doubting every possible thing you thought, said or and did

Again, MOO, assuming she did go away for a couple weeks, away from his manipulations, I suspect, quickly realized she wasn’t losing her mind. She may have realized how abusive he was being.

I actually believe his intentions were to push her to suicide. When that didn’t work, he manipulated KK to help get rid of her.

I wonder if there might be any documentation that might show this to be true?

...and that probably made little sense! Haha

BBM. I think you are spot on.

I wonder if SF originally LIED to LE when questioned about
certain things and now she doesn't want to testify and be charged w/ obstruction since they have convincing evidence
due to cell phone records.
But then didn't PF's law enforcement brother also lie?

Oh, he was very very Sly. He just said that his brother appeared later. He did not give a time that I saw.

Can somebody refresh me of what department and City he works for, and where KKL did her interview when she was brought in? I can't remember.

I just thought it was so interesting that when law enforcement finally got in touch with PF, he was with his estranged brother. *cough*

And he was later with his estranged brother. *cough*

I thought they were estranged?

Since the evidence all seems to show KK was not in CO on the day of the murder, could the defense try to accuse PF's mom of being the actual murderer rather than PF? She would have potentially had access to PF's phone to use to text KK from KB's condo. I don't for one moment think that SF did it, but her pleading the 5th and refusing to answer any questions at all made me think it was part of a strategy. I sure hope there is no way for the defense to pin it on someone else. MOO.
SF doesn't want to incriminate her son and he would not falsely incriminate her to save himself, IMO. I think his best bet is to cast a reasonable doubt about Kelsey being dead or that she died on the 22nd.

Oh, he was very very Sly. He just said that his brother appeared later. He did not give a time that I saw.

Can somebody refresh me of what department and City he works for, and where KKL did her interview when she was brought in? I can't remember.

I just thought it was so interesting that when law enforcement finally got in touch with PF, he was with his estranged brother. *cough*

And he was later with his estranged brother. *cough*

I thought they were estranged?
Bro is with Colorado Spgs. PD

So was her ex husband in on it too? It starts to become way too far fetched.

Gitana, what are you talking about? This story IS far-fetched. Every single solitary aspect of it. Yes, I think the ex-husband and her are pretty darn good friends: after all, they live together and she signed the home over to him in advance of all of this coming down.

Interesting. I actually hadn't thought of that. Its possible. Maybe she had them drawn up, showed them to him as a threat, he bullied her and took them away. She didn't follow through. Just speculation. I really want to know more about these papers.
If that were the case, wouldn't she be indicated as the petitioner and he as the respondent? I thought they said it was initiated by him.

Dec 14, second bulletpoint - KK was interviewed over the phone. I know the 4 1/2 hour interview in Colorado Springs was audio and video recorded, but I'm not sure about the phone call while she was in Vegas. Anyone?
MOO

I'm adding that it was recorded phone interview with KK on Dec. 14th :)

ETA: It's stated it was a recorded on the Arrest Affidavit on #34.

Last edited:
He was reportedly caught on video at the drive thru ATM at the bank.

I am guessing that the robbery may have been PF withdrawing cash from KB's bank account. As controlling as he is, he could very well have had her PIN. MOO
The "robbery" must have taken place near KB and in a melee so-to-say and then resulted in her death. So, if he had indeed money taken from her account, that wouldn't be a robbery, maybe theft perhaps. IMO and as I have learned on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member