CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure PF knows that if KB is missing, he is going to be the primary suspect. Many criminal actions are staged to divert the police away from the person doing the crime. So far I see four such actions: (1) phone call pinging in Idaho, (2) her employer getting a text from her phone on the 25 th, (3) PF only picking up the daughter (probably picked up both), and (4) PF getting a text on the 25 th. Strange that Kelsey , in making all these texts on the 25 th, to send texts to everyone important, does not text her mom (can't do that, mom might become immediately suspicious.)

I do not know if PF did turn over his phone to the police as his lawyer said he did, but they probably have it now. The police have indicated PF has been cooperating (in the first press conference), that means to me they have had a nice long interview. Now they are asking him to come in for questioning since they have not been able to do this. What's the truth?

Wasn't Mark Klass questioned when Polly went missing? He now says go and tell everything so police can clear you and move on!
With that said they crucified Isabel Celis father each time he stepped up to the microphone!
There is so much we don't know about Kelsy!
Really good point. It appears to the public that all resources are going to investigating PF. If he has nothing to hide, he needs to be forthcoming and helpful.

I am sure PF knows that if KB is missing, he is going to be the primary suspect. Many criminal actions are staged to divert the police away from the person doing the crime. So far I see four such actions: (1) phone call pinging in Idaho, (2) her employer getting a text from her phone on the 25 th, (3) PF only picking up the daughter (probably picked up both), and (4) PF getting a text on the 25 th. Strange that Kelsey , in making all these texts on the 25 th, to send texts to everyone important, does not text her mom (can't do that, mom might become immediately suspicious.)

I do not know if PF did turn over his phone to the police as his lawyer said he did, but they probably have it now. The police have indicated PF has been cooperating (in the first press conference), that means to me they have had a nice long interview. Now they are asking him to come in for questioning since they have not been able to do this. What's the truth?

He voluntarily turned over his phone and did a DNA swab several days ago before the SW was served.

Kelsey’s Aunt said broke up with boyfriend and he said she was going to visit her grandma. This was way back early on threat #1.

We absolutely don’t know that PF was this boyfriend! Why would they have a child custody arrangement all worked out when they broke up the day before? That doesn’t pass smell test! PF and KB broke up long ago. And whoever this boyfriend was is not even being discussed.

@Kelsey’sAunt... can you clarify?
no................

20 hours ago - Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said Patrick Frazee, 32, is yet to ... Police PLEAD with fiance of missing Colorado mom to sit down and ..... also lives with his mother Sheila police confirmed has also left the farm.
I'm so sorry you and your family have to go through something like this. It must be very difficult. I can't imagine how anyone would manage in such a scary situation.
Can you tell us anything about the dynamics of the relationship between Kelsey and the father of her child? Did any of the family meet him? How would you describe him from what you know?
Did he inform Kelsey's mom that she had broken up with him on Thanksgiving or did Kelsey tell someone that?

I don't understand reports by PF's attorney and LE that PF has been "cooperating". He gave DNA and his phone, and then he lawyered up and refuses to be questioned. His actions are really disturbing. We are getting mixed messages from LE and PF's attorney. I also understand he has family in LE locally. I hope that does not give him any protection or advanced warning of where this investigation is headed. So many questions, starting with PF not reporting KB missing. And if PF runs a cattle ranch, how can he care for the baby without help? None of the pieces here are coming together. IMO
I agree.... It has never settled right with me that he lawyered up right away. It dumbfounded me that he didn't come to that first p.c. And the fact that he won't let CB see the baby irks me!!!!

Kelsey’s Aunt said broke up with boyfriend and he said she was going to visit her grandma. This was way back early on threat #1.

We absolutely don’t know that PF was this boyfriend! Why would they have a child custody arrangement all worked out when they broke up the day before? That doesn’t pass smell test! PF and KB broke up long ago. And whoever this boyfriend was is not even being discussed.

@Kelsey’sAunt... can you clarify?
The Woodland Park PD, Kelsey's mom, Kelsey's aunt, and a member of Patrick's family who came on this forum briefly have all told us Patrick was Kelsey's boyfriend until she disappeared.

You <modsnip> stated there was a child custody "arrangement" all worked out when the broke up. There's no evidence pointing to this.

<modsnip discussing other posters>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a CASA - court appointed special advocate. My title has different names, eg guardian ad litem and different legal roles in each state. We don’t take children from their parents and even when there is abuse, we work towards reunification. I can’t begin to tell you how difficult it is to take a child from a parent even with cause. Even with a court challenge, it would be hard to take that child away from
him
So sad. That's how we wound up with Charlie,and Braden Powell.. Work to send innocent children back to abusers. Because the rights of abusers,not children.

PF told the news crew that "This is private property, and this is a private road"... he did not say it was his property. 35 acres is not a big piece of land. I own 7 acres and it is 300 feet by 1,000 feet. That won't take long to search. He must be leasing other land. 35 acres is barely enough for one cow. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand reports by PF's attorney and LE that PF has been "cooperating". He gave DNA and his phone, and then he lawyered up and refuses to be questioned. His actions are really disturbing. We are getting mixed messages from LE and PF's attorney. I also understand he has family in LE locally. I hope that does not give him any protection or advanced warning of where this investigation is headed. So many questions, starting with PF not reporting KB missing. And if PF runs a cattle ranch, how can he care for the baby without help? None of the pieces here are coming together. IMO
As to the last question, he lives with his mother. I don't know if she works or not but it's possible she could care for the child when he is working.
I don't think we are getting mixed messages between LE and the attorney. It is apparent that they would like to talk to him since they have so many questions. He has been cooperating "through his lawyer" so that is likely slowing down the process but I would think eventually he will be questioned and interviewed. I'm not sure how long the lawyer can hold that off. Maybe LE is looking for some evidence to justify interviewing him, or to clear him.
But to me it's pretty clear that LE is not completely satisfied with his cooperation so far, and they want the opportunity to ask him more questions directly. They have to say he is "cooperating" because his lawyer has likely advised him not to talk to LE and apparently he is not breaking any laws. I think they are looking for a way around that. I hope they find something.
As for his family being in law enforcement, I highly doubt they are part of the investigation. They can advise him all they want but if there is evidence found there is not much they can do. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean