GUILTY CO - Linda Damm Juergens, 52, stabbed to death, Lafayette, 27 Jan 2007

BOULDER — Linda Damm’s body was briefly buried in a Boulder cemetery in early February, but the teens suspected in her homicide swiftly dug up the body, fearing “it was not buried good enough,” according to a police report. An anonymous tip led officers on Feb. 28 to the Damm home at 705 Brome Place in Lafayette, where Damm’s decomposing body was found. Neighbors reported seeing teens behaving oddly at the home for several weeks.

~~~SNIP~~~

http://www.longmontfyi.com/Local-Story.asp?ID=15047

Gee, I suppose she deserved this too, since she was such a "terrible" mother.

BOULDER — Seventeen-year-old Bryan Grove told police he choked and then fatally stabbed his girlfriend's mother in early February, then recruited a friend to help him stuff the body in the back of a Subaru in the garage of the dead woman’s Lafayette home.

~~~SNIP~~~

Grove was charged as an adult today with first-degree murder, and his girlfriend, Tess Damm, 15, was charged with conspiracy to commit first-degree murder.

~~~SNIP~~~

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5400910,00.html

Much more at the link.

One of the teens that helped with moving the body won an award days before he got involved in the case.
doh.gif

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5400244,00.html

Tess Damm and Bryan Grove served community-service hours together at a Lafayette youth center around the time they first met, on Halloween. Officials with Project Yes, a nonprofit group at 104 W. Baseline Road, said the teenagers two of four arrested last week in connection with the stabbing death of Damm's mother, 52-year-old Linda Damm showed a lot of intelligence, talent and commitment while at the center.
McDermott said Damm's mother came in several times to make sure her daughter was doing well and completing her required hours. Linda Damm seemed "concerned," McDermott said. "That's pretty good parental involvement," he said. "But you can't say what was going on at home."
http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/mar/07/two-arrested-teens-worked-together-at-youth/

Thanks Aussieone for keeping on top of this developing story.

I used to live about 20 miles from Lafayette.

This story just sickens me. I can't believe a daughter could allow this to happen to her own mother. I also believe it was premeditated.

Three teenagers arrested in the stabbing death of a Lafayette mother were charged as adults this morning in Boulder County District Court. Bryan Grove, 17, told police he strangled his girlfriend Tess Damm’s mother, 52-year-old Linda Damm, until she was unconscious, then stabbed her several times in the neck and once in the mouth after a heated argument four weeks ago.
Grove’s friend, Jared Smith, who has also been arrested in connection with the case, told police that on the day of the slaying, the three were eating at the Westminster IHOP and Grove and Tess Damm were talking about how much they hated Linda Damm. Smith said Grove asked his girlfriend if she wanted him to take care of her mother, and the 15-year-old answered yes, according to arrest reports released Wednesday following the charging hearing. The trio then drove to the home at 705 W. Brome Place, and Grove got out of the car and said he would call them when it was OK to return, Smith told detectives. After a while, Grove called and asked for Smith to come inside and help him wrap a sheet around Damm’s bloody body and put her in the trunk of her Subaru wagon in the garage, according to the report.
http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/mar/07/teens-charged-adults/

the original tez said:
Thanks Aussieone for keeping on top of this developing story.

I used to live about 20 miles from Lafayette.

This story just sickens me. I can't believe a daughter could allow this to happen to her own mother. I also believe it was premeditated.
:)

Thats whats comming out now that they planned this and Tess agreed to it.
I wonder if things got really bad with Tess & Linda when she got together with Bryan and he moved in. Mom might not have been happy about it but she may have thought she rather Tess at home with her rather than she move out with Bryan & end up on the streets with him. I read somewhere that he was living in his car b4 moving in with Tess.

See I'm sorry....this is exactly why if it were my daughter I would have told her no and she would have to move out. Parents have got to stop thinking they can fix everything. How many parents get murdered because they are afraid to tell their precious little ones, no I will not allow this in my house you will have to move out. If the precious little one ends up living on the streets so what? Some kids are just bad...period...and cannot be saved. It is not worth loosing your life for an ungrateful little parasite...I don't care if you did give birth to it. I know this will not be a popular sentiment, but it is how I feel.

curious1 said:
See I'm sorry....this is exactly why if it were my daughter I would have told her no and she would have to move out. Parents have got to stop thinking they can fix everything. How many parents get murdered because they are afraid to tell their precious little ones, no I will not allow this in my house you will have to move out. If the precious little one ends up living on the streets so what? Some kids are just bad...period...and cannot be saved. It is not worth loosing your life for an ungrateful little parasite...I don't care if you did give birth to it. I know this will not be a popular sentiment, but it is how I feel.
Curious1..
Some Parents are just bad too.
I am not saying that she deserved to die but how great of a parent could she have been getting drunk daily??? IMO she contributed to this and not by over indulging her daughter but by most likely being neglectful.
I understand what your saying about parents who try to fix things. I don't see that being the case here. I see a motherb soo busy being tanked it was easier to just let her daughter do whatever rather then to actually be a good parent.

I read some of the myspace blogs from links at True Crime Blogs and Tess is complaining about Bryan making her go to school and she didnt like it:

Today... I didn't go to school. I know, I'm stupid. But like, I can't help but think that my mom and my boyfriend don't want me around during the days. They tried to wake me up this morning but I wouldn't, and I can see me getting *advertiser censored* from my mom about not waking up... but Bryan? No way. I thought he liked spending time with me, and he was trying to convince me to actually go to school. Which is kinda wierd because he never really has before. But I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing.
I wonder if something was going on with the mom and boyfriend and mom wanted to tell the daughter and boyfriend got mad?

From Tess Damm's weblog (identified by The Post through quotations, as they did with Bryan's weblog), blog.myspace.com/harmonylala, a post made January 19, 2007, titled "My life" (from Huff's true crime blog)

LaWanda said:
I read some of the myspace blogs from links at True Crime Blogs and Tess is complaining about Bryan making her go to school and she didnt like it:

I wonder if something was going on with the mom and boyfriend and mom wanted to tell the daughter and boyfriend got mad?

From Tess Damm's weblog (identified by The Post through quotations, as they did with Bryan's weblog), blog.myspace.com/harmonylala, a post made January 19, 2007, titled "My life" (from Huff's true crime blog)

Obviously the mother wanted her daughter in school. Most mother's do. Just because the mom and the boyfriend joined forces doesn't mean that they were fooling around! He was living in the home of the mother and maybe that was his way of trying to stay on her good side in order to have a place to live.

I haven't read anywhere that this mother was drunk day and night as some on here have stated. There are many kinds of alcoholics...strictly weekend drinkers....drinking just enough daily to keep the alcohol in their bloodstream in order to avoid going into withdrawls, etc. An alcoholic isn't always falling down drunk and ripping the house and kids apart. We really know nothing about the mother. We do know that the daughter wanted her mother dead though. This decision followed an argument. I wonder what the argument was about? I don't believe that this girl was a nice little girl that just didn't want a drunk mother around anymore. Thank God she is also being charged.
Maybe her mom should have let her live on the streets so that she would get a first hand view of what a "rough" life really is all about. So often mom's give in to hard to handle kids just to try and keep some form of peace in the home. This mom paid a horrible price for not standing up to her daughter or did she pay a horrible price because she did stand up to her daughter...the argument? Regardless, if this girl thought her home life was so horrible maybe she should have requested to go into foster care. Personally I doubt that this had anything to do with her home life. I think it was about getting what she wanted. That is my opinion anyway.

Bryan Grove has some seriously scary hair. Yikes. Sorry to bring the mood down to something so superficial, but I couldn't help myself.

This story is like a bad horror movie. Buried her and then dug her up and moved the body back to the house, where they let it sit in a car? That is absolutely disgusting.

LaWanda said:

Thanks for posting the link to the MySpace. I thought it was interesting all the blogs he posted after the mom was murdered. The daughter left one comment on his blog in February that he was going to be so pleased because "wifey" had cleaned the house and done laundry for him. Something creepy about the fact that they were “playing house” in her mothers house after they murdered her and stuffed her dead body in the garage. Sick.

Report: Killing was planned
Lafayette woman’s body was going to be dumped in Wyoming

By Pierrette J. Shields
The Daily Times-Call

BOULDER — Three of the teenagers charged in the stabbing death of a 52-year-old Lafayette woman last month planned the killing on Feb. 3 while sitting in a Westminster restaurant, according to police reports released Wednesday. Three teens — including the victim’s daughter — were charged Wednesday morning in the stabbing death of Linda Damm, whose badly decomposed body was found Feb. 28 in the trunk of a Subaru in the garage of her Lafayette home.

Their arrests thwarted a planned trip last weekend to Wyoming to dump the body, reports said.

~~~SNIP~~~

http://www.longmontfyi.com/Local-Story.asp?ID=15068

I wonder if these "kids" thought of any other option besides murdering Tess's mother?

Accused teenager upset at police tactics

By Pierrette J. Shields
The Daily Times-Call

BOULDER — Jared Guy regrets speaking with police without an attorney present and wouldn’t have done it if he knew the interview would lead him to the Boulder County Jail, the 18-year-old said Wednesday. Police believe Guy helped his longtime friend Bryan Grove, 17, try to dispose of 52-year-old Linda Damm’s body about a week after she was stabbed to death in her Lafayette home. He was charged Wednesday as an accessory to first-degree murder and for tampering with evidence.

“I had told (the police) the truth and everything, and the next thing I know, I am in handcuffs,” he said.

In a telephone interview from the Boulder County Jail, the New Vista High School student defended his image and said the $500,000 bond in his case is too high.

~~~SNIP~~~

A police report supporting Guy’s Saturday arrest details a police interview with Guy in which he told officers that Grove asked him for help to get rid of Linda Damm’s body and that they took the body to an Erie landfill on Feb. 6, 7 or 8, but decided against leaving it there. The next night, police reported, Guy said the boys took the body to Green Mountain Cemetery in Boulder, dug a shallow grave and buried the body. However, they returned that night and retrieved it for fear the body would be discovered.

~~~SNIP~~~
http://www.longmontfyi.com/Local-Story.asp?ID=15069

This guy helped move the body and helped bury and unbury her (Allegedly). http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/emotbanghead.gif And he doesn't understand why he is being charged or why his bond is so high? :doh: If he would have called the police instead of helping to dispose of the body, maybe he wouldn't even be in jail or charged with anything.

This guy helped move the body and helped bury and unbury her (Allegedly). http://www.websleuths.com/forums/im...motbanghead.gif And he doesn't understand why he is being charged or why his bond is so high? If he would have called the police instead of helping to dispose of the body, maybe he wouldn't even be in jail or charged with anything.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Why didn't he go to the police as soon as he found out what those kids had done? If he had he wouldn't be in this fix. You hang around with dogs you end up with fleas too :furious:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back