CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also wondered if he drugged her.
I think knowing what she was wearing would tell us a lot to. Did she have the same clothes on that she was dropped off in ? Did she have pj's on. It would at least help us with, was she attacked the second she walked in the door, did he let her get ready for bed.
I'm in the camp of the girls where already deceased so he couldn't allow SW to check on them, at least hope he wouldn't.
I'm hoping SW didn't know her babies where gone.
I would love to see the entire interrogation.

My brain is overloaded, again, but was there mention about SW's appearance when her body was found? I think I remember a few people mentioning and me thinking, based on a comment from the LE or media, "what did he do to her".

You must be pretty tough, smart, and resourceful! Good for you. Bravo! I think it's possible he attacked her from behind, with a ligature, and put his knee in her back. Since he was bigger and stronger, she would have had no chance.
That's what I was thinking too. I think she was found quick enough they already know exactly how, now if they would just release that information.
I was raised Catholic so I had lots of faith and the main thing that got me through was my kids. I was and am very strong minded and naturally a happy person, so when my ex would try and break me I would tell myself, hit me all you want I will never let you take my inner happiness you will not break me. At some point though he did break me, so slowly I didn't recognize it. Believe me I was not smart or I wouldn't have married him and then had 2 children. People don't understand (now that I'm out) how I could have married him after he would beat me, then have a child then have a 2nd child. I can't explain it to people because I don't understand myself.

Was looking for information on Anadarko and funeral expenses and came across this article I'd never seen before. Not about Anadarko, but headline is that the girls may have been killed first. Several photos, including of the tanks, and also videos and court documents. Sorry if it's been linked before.

"Shanann Watts' girls may have been dead when she got home from trip, charges show"

Chris Watts murder case: Daughters may have been dead when Shanann Watts got home, charges show

I have to believe, based on all I've read, that LE has more evidence than they've released, proving the daughters died first and before Shanann got home. It also seems, since the charges were ALL first degree, that they believe it was all premeditated. How very horrible!

In regards to the dog howling; people generally need to hear things for a long time or several times before they react. Did they hear a howling/wailing and think it was the dog and then heard it again and called the police who responded, after CW left. Could they have heard two different things and thought they were the same? One being Shanann seeing her dead daughters and wailing, and then the dog? Could the dog have joined in with her wailing? I had a Labrador who did that, whined if someone was crying or howled when someone screamed! Something truly horrible and evil happened in that house!

Thanks for posting that. This may have been answered already, but the date for the killings of the children includes 8/12 and 8/13 because LE doesn't know exactly when the children were killed. They aren't saying the kids were killed before SW got home, but they could have been. SW was seen on 8/13, at 1:48am when she returned from her trip. But the kids were last seen on 8/12, and so it is possible they could have been killed that day.

I did find it interesting that the neighbor used the term "inclination" in the very same way that CW used it in his interview. "'Had we had any inclination that we thought he was involved at all, no way would I have let him in my house with my wife and kid,' Nick Thayer told 9News Thursday, ..."

Edited typo

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that. This may have been answered already, but the date for the killings of the children includes 8/12 and 8/13 because LE doesn't know exactly when the children were killed. They aren't saying the kids were killed before SW got home, but they could have. SW was seen on 8/13, at 1:48am when she returned from her trip. But the kids were last seen on 8/12, and so it is possible they could have been killed that day.

I did find it interesting that the neighbor used the term "inclination" in the very same way that CW used it in his interview. "'Had we had any inclination that we thought he was involved at all, no way would I have let him in my house with my wife and kid,' Nick Thayer told 9News Thursday, ..."
I didn't catch that, about "inclination", that is interesting. Good explanation about the dates. Thanks. I've felt, from the beginning, that he had a plan and followed it, until it was thrown into chaos by the late flight and NA. I believe the plan began with killing the girls before she arrived home, and then she was late. That would really ramp up anger and resentment.

Your posts are good and well thought out.

You are correct about time being of the essence with things such as the HOA suit! However, the HOA lawsuit was filed against both CW and SW, so there would no doubt be a continuance by the court to postpone the original court date. Yes, just another burden on the family representing SW's estate.

The HOA lawsuit was postponed at the request of the HOA in order to give them time to decide how to proceed in light of the events. The case is presently scheduled for a hearing on 10/26 at 8:30am.

This Yahoo article that says CW didn’t get involved in the funeral because he “knew better”. Excuse me?! How about knowing better not to kill your entire family in the first place. Who are these sources? It’s stupid.
Yes, I saw that too. I was amazed at the stupidity, of the entire article. The article was written like CW had a choice. He has no more choices, they will all be made for him! Hopefully, forever!

This Yahoo article that says CW didn’t get involved in the funeral because he “knew better”. Excuse me?! How about knowing better not to kill your entire family in the first place. Who are these sources? It’s stupid.
Those “sources “ are probably getting weekly paychecks from People magazine for those quotes . So sad for her family

There had to be warning signs, we just haven't learned of them yet. It will take time and they were probably subtle. My mother was severely abused, but emotionally not physically, and at a time when if there were no marks, everyone thought all was well! Even family. It took several years of therapy before she realized she'd done nothing wrong and then finally left him. My step-father, not my father.

I think SW was being covertly abused. I've thought this from the start of this case. For one, he was having an affair, or affairs.

I also think the way he pursued her (from SW's video) was a red flag. In her video, she talks about being very ill when he started to pursue her, and she kept putting up roadblocks, but he kept coming back. JMO, he wasn't respecting her boundaries.

More will likely come out. JMO

Thanks for posting that. This may have been answered already, but the date for the killings of the children includes 8/12 and 8/13 because LE doesn't know exactly when the children were killed. They aren't saying the kids were killed before SW got home, but they could have been. SW was seen on 8/13, at 1:48am when she returned from her trip. But the kids were last seen on 8/12, and so it is possible they could have been killed that day.

Yup....I have seen numerous people on here misinterpret that. That is normal practice on a warrant affidavit with no certain time of commission is to list the earliest possible time to the latest possible time.

Last edited:
I think SW was being covertly abused. I've thought this from the start of this case. For one, he was having an affair, or affairs.

I also think the way he pursued her (from SW's video) was a red flag. In her video, she talks about being very ill when he started to pursue her, and she kept putting up roadblocks, but he kept coming back. JMO, he wasn't respecting her boundaries.

I remember all the shocking moments in the JA case I think we will have multiple Oh WOW moments if this one goes to trial.

Excellent point about his pursuing her. Kind of creepy from that viewpoint!

I agree, but just once I’d like to see the parents of a murderer come forward and say, “I don’t know what came over my son/daughter, we had no idea, we feel horrible, we support the victim 100%, we are so sorry, we will do our best to counsel our offspring to make a full and complete confession.” I’ve seen where parents do that with mass killings, but not so much (maybe never?) when fewer have been murdered.

Although I agree with what you are saying, it would never be enough for some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie