Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 seconds
If he indeed saw his child, sprawled out on her bed, blue in the face, why even wait long enough for the toggle to the other screen? Wouldn't he be scrambling up to the room, screaming, and calling 911?
i don’t know if the children were in bed together or not do you? Also a toggle can be in one second depending upon when you would glance

I for one, do not believe everything happens for a reason. At all. Some people believe this for religious reasons, or whatever reason, but I think it is a vague concept and there are many who don't believe this. Unless we are to consider motive as a reason. That I can relate to. And would very much like to know. Jmo
Jmo: I think the term everything happens for a reason has become overused in the last 10 years, its a standard line people default to, its meaning has become watered down so to speak (sorry not explaining myself very well).

Who knows until you are actually in that situation. We all think we would react a certain way but in reality that's not always the case.
True, but we do have an understanding of basic human behavior so we can predict that one who has just murderd their wife after allegedly witnessing their spouse murder their children would at least show a bit of emotion. Imo

Edited to fix quote. <modsnip - fix quote>
The (damning) facts have led us to that conclusion. We’d have to ignore the facts in order to reach the conclusion that he wasn’t responsible.

The people using the phrase “confirmation bias” in order to dispute the evidence of his guilt, are ironically the perpetrators of this “confirmation bias.”
Respectfully, I have to disagree. I’m not sure if you’re referencing me, but The only time I have used that phrase is to caution people - in the general sense - to listen to all information, not just that which supports the favored theory. I *completely* understand why people would think C.W. killed them all - and I don’t necessarily disagree with them. I just need to see more evidence before reaching that conclusion for myself. Still so many unknowns right now, hoping many questions will be answered later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine! With their big SM presence I bet the Forensics experts are groaning with all the data they have to recover.
The ongoing mark sievers case took a while to release the discovery documents.

But it was something else boy I tell you.

That man even had a mistress for when he didnt feel like being bothered with his mistress. :)

But we don't know that yet, or do we?

No. I don't know much about forensics but it seems like that would be so hard to figure out - whose hands they were around a neck.

The neck sizes are different too.

But autopsy results and other physical evidence will be interesting.

Other than that I'm most interested to find out about the phone/text messages to his wife that day (I think those will be damning), his interrogation video, (I'm betting money there's no evidence of a dissociative state and sudden awakening), his internet and cell history and what AP has to say.

I hope we get a prelim but I Im not holding my breath.

Welcome @Whiskers16
balloons-smiley.gif

Yes, I don't know what the evidence is to support the fact that the barrels were empty, and he may have gently laid them in the bottom. It is clearly stated that documentation tells us otherwise. Of course as they could not go "diving" in oil, the only option was to drain it completely. Imagine
how costly and time consuming that was, let alone traumatic. Not to mention the time it took to thoroughly and meticulously clean every last bit of oil from those precious little bodies. How could one bring themselves to dump the bodies of their own children, whether responsible for killing them or not, into a large barrel of oil? Jmo

@MsBetsy. We have a problem imagining any of this because we are not wired that way. We can not go down that horrid path. MOO

Which would explain why he told the first officer the talk was at 5:00, but then told the second one it was actually 4: 00 am. He realized that would not be enough time. Jmo
I was wondering if *maybe* CW had looked at SW’s phone which was still on airplane mode, or Phoenix time (an hour behind) - so it said 4am when it was really 5am... but then I realized that wasn’t likely - she was always connected - she probably turned it on the second the plane touched down (I do the same)

i don’t know if the children were in bed together or not do you? Also a toggle can be in one second depending upon when you would glance

No, I don't know whether they were in the same room or not.

But My point remains the same. Why didn't he SCREAM, cry for help, call 911, try and revive the babies. Especially the 2nd one that was in the process of being strangled?

Why wouldn't the neighbors hear the commotion if his story is true? He didn't scream and yell when he saw her killing the babies? Wouldn't he scream for help from the neighbors, when he was fighting off his wife, and he knew the baby needed CPR?

But My point remains the same. Why didn't he SCREAM, cry for help, call 911, try and revive the babies. Especially the 2nd one that was in the process of being strangled?

Why wouldn't the neighbors hear the commotion if his story is true? He didn't scream and yell when he saw her killing the babies? Wouldn't he scream for help from the neighbors, when he was fighting off his wife, and he knew the baby needed CPR?
Yes, it defies any kind of logic.

Jmo: I think the term everything happens for a reason has become overused in the last 10 years, its a standard line people default to, its meaning has become watered down so to speak (sorry not explaining myself very well).
Yes, I think I know what you mean. Some people have always believed that to be true. In my opinion, however, there does not necessarily have to be a reason. Maybe some people view it as a being part of a "plan," but I just don't believe that. What could the "reason" for the death of a mother and her two children possibly be? Jmo

Respectfully, I have to disagree. I’m not sure if you’re referencing me, but The only time I have used that phrase is to caution people - in the general sense - to listen to all information, not just that which supports the favored theory. I *completely* understand why people would think C.W. killed them all - and I don’t necessarily disagree with them. I just need to see more evidence before reaching that conclusion for myself. Still so many unknowns right now, hoping many questions will be answered later on.

My question is, what facts/information, are we not listening to, that supports CW's version of the story?

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree. I've listed those facts. There are even more. I think they constitute powerful evidence that he is guilty of three first degree murders beyond a reasonable doubt.

I think I know something about evidence and reasonable doubt and burdens of proof. Reasonable minds may differ. That's understandable. My word isn't law.

But for someone to say it's a fact (as opposed to opinion), that we don't have enough facts to convict him, I think is incorrect and unreasonable.

That's your opinion. It's not fact.

If we (WS) were the jury for CW's murder trial for his daughters do you think there's enough evidence to convict him?

It is clear. Those are all things you would do if you were desperate to save your family and you wanted to alert the neighbors. He didn't want his family alive and did not want to alert the neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann