Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sentences for murdering Shanann, Unborn Nico, Tampering with deceased bodies, hiding evidence.......these alone would put him behind bars for life. Do CW's parents not realize this? He will never ever see the light of day out of prison in any scenario. They should be grateful that he wont be executed. They should be grateful that all of the dirty laundry wont come out in trial. IMO. They should show some grace and acceptance. Their son will not be coming home to them.
I believe they think he could have been found guilty for something less than Murder One by a jury for killing SW ASSUMING a jury believed his story. Moreover, I am sure they hoped to introduce evidence of "abuse" that would mitigate that charge and his tampering with bodies charges, termination of pregnancy, etc, down further at least in terms of sentencing. This is my best guess for what they are trying to do, besides salvage the reputation of their family, which I imagine they also care about.

I'm reasonably sure she didn't set out peanuts when her grandkids came to visit. Do you have a link for this?
There was also talk on her page of an incident where the other children present were given ice cream that contained some type of nut, of course Celest could not have any but Grandma Watts did not have an alternative for her and said she needed to learn she did not get everything she wants. While that is true, what a bizarre way to treat your toddler grandchild who is there visiting you. I think these incidents became part of the conversation because of the strained relationship between the two women and Mrs. Watts treatment of Shanann after her death.

Last edited:
BBM - ahh ok. I'd never heard of him before this case. Sure seems to be a lot of them coming out of the woodworks, like the podcast ladies whom I shall not name.
Media hound... I thought Reisch last video was talking directly to Cindy! Did you actually see Reisch post stating he contacted Watts folks? After viewing the comments, I believe the alleged contact to be rumor. MOO

Thank you. That's more or less what I remembered. No peanuts were left out. I thought maybe I missed something.
IIRC, it is a she said/she said situation. And one of those "she's" is now dead and cannot defend her viewpoint nor experience. I do not give it any weight neither here nor there nor do I see how it has bearing on this case, personally.

I believe they think he could have been found guilty for something less than Murder One by a jury for killing SW ASSUMING a jury believed his story. Moreover, I am sure they hoped to introduce evidence of "abuse" that would mitigate that charge and his tampering with bodies charges, termination of pregnancy, etc, down further at least in terms of sentencing. This is my best guess for what they are trying to do, besides salvage the reputation of their family, which I imagine they also care about.
Yup. “Chris didn’t kill his kids, but if he did, Shanann made him do it.”

Somehow, him playing sports as a kid is somehow relevant to all of this.

If I take enough psychedelic drugs, I may just be able to figure out his mom’s point here.

Thank you, this was a written comment they made “ the degree he pled too is irrelevant because that would have been decided by a jury, it doesn’t matter what the charge is.” Umm no, if his defense could have pled it down to a lesser charge they would have, the degree is very relevant. They go on to say a plea is just an agreement, not an admission of guilt, that is also decided by a jury.

Last edited by a moderator:
CW mom says “he will die in prison and no telling what they will do to him in there”. Well yes he murdered a pregnant woman. What do you think should happen to him? Bring him back home to NC for an ice cream drumstick? I honestly think she basically wants to say “Well yes he killed a woman but it was only Shanann so that shouldn’t count”.

And yes I know he killed his babies. I was just saying from Moms point of view he only killed SW.

I think CW's mom dehumanized SW years ago, so it's no real loss to her. :(

IMHO, they didn't and don't care much at all for their grandchildren. Their hatred of SW was stronger than any feelings for the kids, sadly.
Their behavior is utterly appalling.:mad:

There is that saying about the apple and the tree.
I won't quote it directly as I don't know if its allowed but you get the gist of it.

I am so ANGRY because they're rubbing salt in the horrific wounds suffered By Shanann's family and friends.
MOO

The reality is that CW could have contacted his family if he really wanted to contact them. His attorneys work for him and his best interest. But they could not have stopped him from calling his parents if he insisted on doing so.

Someone objective and who has actual knowledge of the law needs to explain this reality to CW’s parents. They believe CW did not make his own decision to take a plea, when that is exactly what he did. He chose not to consult with or talk to his parents about his decision. He was not railroaded.
Sadly, I have little doubt they have been advised of this fact. I do not think they will believe it even if they hear the words from CW's mouth. They will still think he is being coerced, IMO.

Letter to the judge written by one of the hosts of the MRS podcasts...and denied - undoubtedly fueling their vitriol.

Sooner or later, CW is going to have to tell his mom that he's just not that into her.
This is insane.

His lawyers aren't keeping him from them. Shanann wasn't keeping him from them. HE is keeping him from them. And he needs to own that TO THEM before this becomes even more of a poop show than it already is. Good grief.

I can’t believe anyone would have the nerve to say someone else must have triggered a man to murder his own children. The scary thing is I really think she believes this. She literally believes SW was so bad that she somehow voodoo’d her poor innocent husband to murder their kids.

Cw's mom has demonized and dehumanized SW. I'm shocked SW's didn't leave years ago having to deal with his mom. ugh...

I’ve neen following this case here since the beginning but have not posted previously.

The recent question about MIL leaving out nuts along with the other events this week reminded me of a post in the very first thread. The post itself is pretty long.

Found Deceased - Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*
<Snipped>

My last conversations with Shanann while she was in NC had absolutely no indication that there was trouble in paradise for them. There was, however, ongoing contention with her in laws, specifically with his mother and his sister, and their continued nonacceptance of Shanann and her and Chris's decision to move to CO. One of the children had a birthday party while they were in NC...Chris's mother and sister were both invited and neither showed up to celebrate the day... to me that is suspect in itself. More over, when Shanann visited with her girls (prior to the birthday party and without Chris during her stay in NC) at her mother-n-laws home, with her inlaws being beyond aware that the girls had celeriac / critical food-nut allergies her mother n law and sister n law did what the could to offer foods to the girls that would be detrimental to them, including leaving nuts out in reach of the girls to attain for themselves, doing what they could to undermine Shanann at every opportunity.
<end snip>

IMO, seeing the in-law antics this week...I 100% believe everything that’s in this post. Not attending the wedding is one thing but the kids birthday party! Unbelievably selfish!

Sadly, I have little doubt they have been advised of this fact. I do not think they will believe it even if they hear the words from CW's mouth. They will still think he is being coerced, IMO.

That's why families like these deserve to be studied. A parent's primary job is to raise children who will one day be independent adults who are an asset to society. But the cord has to be cut for this to happen. The child and the parent have to understand and respect that they are two separate people.

We've talked a lot about enmeshment in families. Here's some more information:

Dysfunctional Enmeshed Families
If there is such a thing as being too close, it takes place in what psychologists sometimes call "enmeshed" families. In such families, family relationships have displaced other normal relationships. Those in enmeshed families are expected to look inside the family for satisfaction and support rather than turning to the larger world. This habit may stunt their growth as individuals.

In an enmeshed family, for example, a decision by a family member to take a job in a distant city can cause great consternation. The feeling is that the family is being betrayed and abandoned. In a healthy family, this decision may cause pain, but it's not seen as a betrayal of family.

In an enmeshed family, members are made to feel guilty if they don't visit enough, or call enough, or if they miss family events. In a healthy family, such members may be the recipients of some complaints or some teasing, but they are not made to feel guilty.

Have you ever heard someone complain about the "drama" in his or her family? Chances are that the family fits the profile of the enmeshed family, in which each family member feels obliged to react to whatever is going on in the lives of other family members, effectively multiplying the tension.

Another type of dysfunctional behavior that is observed in enmeshed families is that alliances within the family are constantly being formed, broken, and re-formed, mostly because family members are expected to choose sides on every issue. Keeping up with who is on whose side causes much stress in the family.

Can a Family Be Too Close?

The reality is that CW could have contacted his family if he really wanted to contact them. His attorneys work for him and his best interest. But they could not have stopped him from calling his parents if he insisted on doing so.

Someone objective and who has actual knowledge of the law needs to explain this reality to CW’s parents. They believe CW did not make his own decision to take a plea, when that is exactly what he did. He chose not to consult with or talk to his parents about his decision. He was not railroaded.
I believe this family sought legal advice, and simply didn't like what they were told! Obviously, Mrs Watts knows more than anybody else --including CWs legal team.

SIGNS OF ENMESHMENT
In enmeshed families, children may be brought up with the expectation that they will accede to their parents’ wishes and develop the same belief system and ideals. Some children may become a parent’s sole source of emotional support or become the vehicle through which a parent lives out their own unrealized dreams.

Most often, enmeshment occurs between a child and parent and may include the following signs:
  • Lack of appropriate privacy between parent and child
  • A child being “best friends” with a parent
  • A parent confiding secrets to a child
  • A parent telling one child that they are the favorite
  • One child receiving special privileges from a parent
  • A parent being overly involved in their child’s activities or achievements
Children affected by enmeshment may feel like they have to take care of the parent, rather than the other way around. People from enmeshed families may also feel guilty if they spend time away from their family members, and they may face pressure to remain physically close to home and to engage in typical family activities regularly instead of pursuing their own interests.

Enmeshment

I think any trial would certainly further damage the reputation of the family, plus anyone associated with them. Again, if he was so badly abused he could have left. He had 5 weeks to do so when Shanann was in NC with the girls. And the mere fact that he could so calmly lie to cameras and friends the next day after such a horrific event took place proves that he is not who his family thinks he is.

There was also talk on her page of an incident where the other children present were given ice cream that contained some type of nut, of course Celest could not have any but Grandma Watts did not have an alternative for her and said she needed to learn she did not get everything she wants. While that is true, what a bizarre way to treat your toddler grandchild who is there visiting you. I think these incidents became part of the conversation because of the strained relationship between the two women and Mrs. Watts treatment of Shanann after her death.
Perhaps Grandma found that baby CeCe was more like Shanann and showed favoritism towards Bella?
Its unkind to do that to a toddler.
Either CeCe gets ice cream she CAN eat (like vanilla) or nobody gets any.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member