GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Shanann calling CW a "skater boy" I have this opinion. Shanann is from New Jersey. I am from New York even though I have lived in Colorado most of my life. East Coasters have a dry and sarcastic sense of humor. I actually am considered quite funny in my circle. Every part of our country has a personality "type". Even though I have spent decades away from the east coast, I still have a sassy sense of humor that has been passed onto me from my parents. The things Shanann has said in her videos, to me, is joking. There is nothing over the top, IMO.
I agree. She was funny and self-deprecating and a sweet tease. CW and his family took themselves very seriously, have zero wit, and are completely unable to make fun of themselves.

Not deleted evidence when two babies were missing, because she's more concerned about her own tail than babies' lives. That's not an issue of self-esteem. That's an issue of character.
Couldn’t she have been concerned about both her own tail and the babies? She was sobbing and crying at the police station. She was a mess. I can understand deleting the text messages. I might have done the same. I don’t work for LE. I don’t know what they need. I’m still not clear on how their private sex talk and nudie photos furthered the investigation. I don’t see how NK googling anal sex or multi racial sex helps anything, either. Or why it wasn’t redacted before sharing it with the world. That was extremely damaging to her. I can understand why she wanted to rid herself of anything to do CW. Immediately. It must have been horrifying to realize the monster she’d fallen in love with murdered his wife and children. People destroy every reminder of their exes all the time when they break up. It’s common. Rip up everything of his, throw it out, burn it! Immature, yes, but it doesn’t mean she wasn’t sick to the bone about what CW did to Shanann, Bella, and CeCe. It means she was disgusted and sick and ashamed and embarrassed, and she hated CW, and she never wanted to see him again. She also brought all of his property he left in her apartment with her when she went to the police station for her first interview. She never wanted to see him again. There is no evidence stating she destroyed any evidence because she wanted to hide it from the police that I’ve seen.
What more could she have done?
2. Not lied to the FBI when two small toddlers are missing and at risk.
What did she lie about? I keep hearing everybody say she lied, but they’re making up the lies, like “Oh, I know she searched Shanann on FB. I would have.”
3. Not been worried about her possible net worth or book deals when babies are missing or dead.
You are assuming NK was worried about her future net worth. You don’t know what she was thinking when she searched that. You don’t know if she was planning to write a book. She could have simply been wondering what ever became of Amber Frey.

Well, let’s see what she does next.

Not deleted evidence when two babies were missing, because she's more concerned about her own tail than babies' lives. That's not an issue of self-esteem. That's an issue of character.
Couldn’t she have been concerned about both her own tail and the babies? She was sobbing and crying at the police station. She was a mess. I can understand deleting the text messages. I might have done the same. I don’t work for LE. I don’t know what they need. I’m still not clear on how their private sex talk and nudie photos furthered the investigation. I don’t see how NK googling anal sex or multi racial sex helps anything, either. Or why it wasn’t redacted before sharing it with the world. That was extremely damaging to her. I can understand why she wanted to rid herself of anything to do CW. Immediately. It must have been horrifying to realize the monster she’d fallen in love with murdered his wife and children. People destroy every reminder of their exes all the time when they break up. It’s common. Rip up everything of his, throw it out, burn it! Immature, yes, but it doesn’t mean she wasn’t sick to the bone about what CW did to Shanann, Bella, and CeCe. It means she was disgusted and sick and ashamed and embarrassed, and she hated CW, and she never wanted to see him again. She also brought all of his property he left in her apartment with her when she went to the police station for her first interview. She never wanted to see him again. There is no evidence stating she destroyed any evidence because she wanted to hide it from the police that I’ve seen.
2. Not lied to the FBI when two small toddlers are missing and at risk.
What did she lie about? I keep hearing everybody say she lied, but they’re making up the lies, like “Oh, I know she searched Shanann on FB. I would have.”
3. Not been worried about her possible net worth or book deals when babies are missing or dead.
You are assuming NK was worried about her future net worth. You don’t know what she was thinking when she searched that. You don’t know if she was planning to write a book. She could have simply been wondering what ever became of Amber Frey.
For deleting what you know would be evidence, she googled whether cops could recover text messages. That means she knew it would be important to them.

If you read the discovery, you will see the lies. There are many.

Re Amber Frey, I do not believe she googled where is Amber Frey now...she googled her net worth and book deal and whether she was hated. We can all draw our own conclusions as to why one would do that.

Yes, and she had already found Chris what she that was a perfect apartment for him. She was applying alot of pressure...probably more than we know since we can't see most of those messages. Shanann was applying pressure trying to find out where their relationship stood. The Watts family was applying pressure. And he wouldn't tell anyone the truth. At times, he would agree to work on the marriage, and then he would get a nude selfie from NK. NK was very aggressive.

I think it is likely that you have never been on the receiving end of a mistress or you would have more respect and empathy for the wives trying to hold it together, while a seductress is throwing everything she has into trying to take something that she has no right to be taking and messing where she shouldn't be messing.
It’s not fair to call what NK did “pressure.” You don’t know. You weren’t there. CW wanted her as badly as she wanted him. He killed his family for her. “Seductress” is such a misogynistic word. NK was in love with the guy. She loved the sex. He told her he was getting a divorce. She wanted to be with him. She never met Shanann. All she knew was what CW told her, and that was that SW was an abusive, money wasting shrew who didn’t want him anymore, who happened to be a good mother.

Unfortunately you can’t see the comments when you embed the video, you need to post the link to the post instead

Whenever you see an embedded video like that, you can click on the F Facebook icon in the bottom right corner (or the YouTube icon on YouTube videos, etc.) to go to the original post. Hope that helps!

It’s not fair to call what NK did “pressure.” You don’t know. You weren’t there. CW wanted her as badly as she wanted him. He killed his family for her. “Seductress” is such a misogynistic word. NK was in love with the guy. She loved the sex. He told her he was getting a divorce. She wanted to be with him. She never met Shanann. All she knew was what CW told her, and that was that SW was an abusive, money wasting shrew who didn’t want him anymore, who happened to be a good mother.
She is 30 years old. She is not a young innocent girl who has met her first man.
In love with him after, what? 6 weeks? She knew enough about men to doubt all that he was saying, it is like all these cheating men have the same lines.

No. My thoughts would be horror. Incredible fear for the missing children. Despair when they were found. Not:

"Amber Frey book deal."

"Amber Frey net worth."

"Can the police recover deleted texts."

I believe she is a person of low character. Not because of the affair. (Although dating a person whose wife is only a couple months pregnant is pretty gross. So is "Pawn it!")

Things like affairs with married people can happen even with good people.

No. To me she is a person of low character because her reputation was vastly more important than the welfare of two innocent little girls. She deleted evidence in a missing persons' case. She lied to the FBI.

And she wasn't numbed with horror over the death of babies. She was coldly considering her possible net worth.

Moments like these are when we get to decide who we are.

"Are we bad people?"

IMO. Yes. Yes, NK. You are.

Agree! MAYBE I would not have been so shocked at those Google searches had it been a couple months down the road....but this was DAYS after she found out he killed his family (and according to her she never believed his version of events). I just feel like that is the last thing to be worried about....jmo

Here's a question that keeps playing over and over in my mind...

How did CW fake almost 8 years of being a caring, loving husband AND father but then couldn't pull off lying to police and media? How is it he could appear by all accounts "normal" but one look at his porch interviews and anyone with half a brain could tell he was lying?

What?! I thought for sure that was over! Yet there are still people who believe Travis Alexander was killed by a religious cult or something. So I guess I can believe it. Oh well. It must be just the crazies who are left. Imo

What's worse is that the Discovery has only given them more ammunition.

I had a lot of empathy for NK when the Denver Post article was published. I wanted to believe her and give her the benefit of the doubt. However, it was packed with lies when you compare it to the discovery documents. I personally can no longer give the benefit of the doubt to someone who lies to the public and to LE. I do not believe she is a murderer, but she also did not help this case as much as she could have and just keeps lying. That goes to character for me. MOO. People should own their mistakes, especially at 30 years old.

How did CW fake almost 8 years of being a caring, loving husband AND father but then couldn't pull off lying to police and media? How is it he could appear by all accounts "normal" but one look at his porch interviews and anyone with half a brain could tell he was lying?

It seems CW kept to himself and never got very close to people and was quiet.

Porch interviews he was suddenly forced to talk, lie to the world, with police searching his house behind him.

Moo

I believe sociopaths have to learn from observing others how to act with feelings they do not have. In the scenario of the porch interviews, this was new territory for him...being scared for loved ones...doubtful he had much experience. Plus, he had two audiences...the public and his mistress. He had to act like he was not in love for the mistress. All that, combined with nerves and knowing he was lying with literally his life on the line...I believe made for a poorer performance than his past experience at lying and pretending for feelings of love allowed. Going into them, I think he naively thought he could rely on those well honed lying and pretending skills. MOO

Last edited:
What more could she have done? The minute she saw his lovely pregnant wife and his beautiful little children on SM, she could have removed herself from the situation and told him to give her a call once he’s got the divorce decree in his hands.
That's kind of what she claimed to have done. She told investigators that when she went to his house and saw the picture of his family she asked him why he would leave all that. Then claimed to encourage him to work things out and if he couldn't then they could continue the relationship after the divorce. I wonder if the next thing that is released will prove or disprove that.
If it does than I think it shows an even stronger motive that he killed because of her. His actions of covering up the truth about Shanann wanting to work things out and the timing of the murder indicate to me how desperate he was to get it done before she found out. He didn't want to waste anymore time. He also really wanted her to believe the story that Shanann left. Maybe his thinking was so centered around her that he neglected to consider all the other important things. Imo

That's kind of what she claimed to have done. She told investigators that when she went to his house and saw the picture of his family she asked him why he would leave all that. Then claimed to encourage him to work things out and if he couldn't then they could continue the relationship after the divorce. I wonder if the next thing that is released will prove or disprove that.
If it does than I think it shows an even stronger motive that he killed because of her. His actions of covering up the truth about Shanann wanting to work things out and the timing of the murder indicate to me how desperate he was to get it done before she found out. He didn't want to waste anymore time. He also really wanted her to believe the story that Shanann left. Maybe his thinking was so centered around her that he neglected to consider all the other important things. Imo
Very possible. Sadly, I do not think we will ever know what she said to CW other than what they can get from deleted email and texts as we cannot believe what she says, unfortunately.

This is a snip of the text between SW and CW on Aug 4 where SW calls CW Mom evil. If you read the the rest of the message, you totally get it. You also see where Mama Watts was trying to stir the flames calling SW crazy. What is beautiful about this is you really see SW's heart and her fierce love for her children. I didn't know her in life, but I like her. She seems authentic and passionate, and she is a Momma Bear when it comes to protecting her children. I snipped this so could not show the whole conversation. If you read the rest, CW tells her that he loves how she protected their children, yet less than two weeks later he would coldly murder her. It just shows how totally fake he was and how he told people what he thought they wanted to hear to make life easier for him. Poor little SW went through so much hurt and heartache the last weeks of her life that it makes my heart hurt.

Edited to add source. Page 1905 of doc dump continuing for several pages. This was on Aug 4 and while this family drama was going on, NK was researching wedding dresses and reviewing CW's Facebook page and SW's Facebook page as well. The drama with the Watt's family was so great that SW actually started spotting.

Attachments

• Nuts.JPG
    Nuts.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 142
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors