GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
We heard earlier that apparently CW is passing the hours away reading the Bible.

Ok, I must have missed that. No matter what, I don't think anybody in their right mind could do something like this. I guess I am still trying to get past that. It appears his mindset at the time of his actions did not work out well for him.

Yes, we have all speculated about that, but I think that the dogs would have alerted had she been dead for that long.
That makes sense.
I don’t know why the thought of her sweet babies being dead when she got home is a recurring horrible thought I have.
I just pray Shanann was spared the knowledge of what he did to them.

@Tricia is wondering if NK could be one of the 4 who were told OR it could be NUA, since she may have a right to know where he's housed since he could still try to get revenge from behind bars. We are thinking Sandi, Frank, and Frankie Jr. would be the 3 known victims.

Thoughts?
This says article says both Shanann and CW's family were notified and that the move happened last weekend. ?

Chris Watts Is Transferred To an Out-Of-State Prison 'For His Own Safety'
A source close to Watts tells PEOPLE that the move happened last weekend — and that there was no objection from prosecutors who put Watts behind bars or his defense lawyers.

“It was for his own safety,” the source tells PEOPLE. “He’s too well-known in Colorado.”

Neither the Department of Corrections nor the source close to Watts commented on specific threats to Watts’ safety.

The Department of Corrections has notified Watts’ family of the move as well as that of his slain wife Shanann.

My favorite was the neighbor imitating CW's dopey demeanor and guilty rocking. It was calling to mind that scene in the Fugitive when the Marshal says, "It's hinky." The neighbor's hinky radar was definitely off the charts after observing CW.
Yes, he was quite a character. The look on his face was classic. He knew Chris had done something terrible. He should have been a detective. He kept rewinding and saying, it catches the cars going this way and that way, he never backs his truck up, he goes back and forth to the truck three times, it would have caught her if she left, etc.

I thought they said they flew him out last night?
My daughter is flying out of DIA right now and I sure hope he is not on that plane!!!!!
I wonder how they transport him on a plane, first class under block & tackle?
Cargo in the hold would be a good option.

They fly them in coach, in a standard jump-suit and shackled/cuffed and with 2 Air Marshall guards. At least that’s what happens if they get a pass to leave for a death. All airports have a tunnel system for employees, deliveries, etc. and they typically travel to the gates that way to avoid civilian exposure and a spectacle. Huge prisons both state and federal charter govt planes occasionally for mass transfers. That’s how it was when I was in the industry 5 years ago.

Last edited:
That makes sense.
I don’t know why the thought of her sweet babies being dead when she got home is a recurring horrible thought I have.
I just pray Shanann was spared the knowledge of what he did to them.
I know what you mean, and there is not much to be thankful for in this awful crime, but I can be thankful for the very small mercy, that she did not know that her babies were dead.
It is every mother's very worst nightmare.

I don't think he could handle confrontations at all. He said he couldn't tell her and I believe that. It was easier to just kill her. Imo
I would think there would be words between them too when she got home. Or, was he lying in wait for her? I guess we’ll never know.

New here, hello everyone.

James Holmes was also transferred, his location tightly guarded more than a year. His transfer was a result of a scuffle initiated by another inmate, after a guard left a door ajar. Really coincidental, huh?

In my state, an inmate being transferred does not know until staff wakes him, telling him to dress, bag his property, etc.

IMO, CW traveled on a fed aircraft, we know the feds traveled with him. The BOP does not have him listed as an inmate, at this time. If flying commercial, his entourage boards first, deplaned last, normally.

CW can of course send mail, use the phone & create a list of persons he would accept visits from. He has to serve his time but he’s still entitled to the basic rights as other inmates. The prison can not administer excessive punishment w/o reason. The job of the prison is to “house” him for life. And, despite murders on the inside, the prison is supposed to provide an inmate a safe environment in which to serve his time.

Because inmates are watching TV, one might be inclined to think the receiving institution prefers to intake CW without the entire population going ballistic, plotting & planning how to get to CW. Personally, I doubt anyone cares what CW’s outcome will ultimately be. They do care about prison staff being injured or worse.

Back to James for a sec, a google search reveals he has an entire pod to himself. So, there’s no reason for him to come out of his pod, he can shower & exercise w/o needing to be moved, eliminating any chance of him being in contact with another inmate.

CW could be in a county jail tonight awaiting transfer to the next prison. If he’s not going to a fed institution he will need to go thru orientation again.

Iirc, the DA mentioned in his after sentencing presser, the possibility of CW serving his time elsewhere.

There was nothing in discovery to indicate that she went home "pissed". In fact she just wanted to get home to lovingly hold him. And really, SW said something "button pushingly nasty"? That's a gross thing to say. MOO.

I believe her last post on FB said said something to the effect of, I can't wait to get home the Chris and the girls. That is not pissed!

We heard earlier that apparently CW is passing the hours away reading the Bible.

If you read the nearly 2k pages released you’ll find a lot reported on TV by Ashleigh Banfield or Inside Edition was not accurate. He was provided with reading material. Any guards having contact with CW in county jail submitted a report at shift change. Said reports detail all interaction/s with CW even noting if CW requested a new roll of toilet paper or asked to have his toilet flushed.

I would think there would be words between them too when she got home. Or, was he lying in wait for her? I guess we’ll never know.
Just the fact that in the end he seemed so compliant in his text messages, I think he was just trying to put her at ease so everything would be easier for him and he could go forward as planned. I don't think she asked him to wake her at 4:00. I would think she would want at least 4 hours of sleep before getting the girls ready. Imo

Colorado prisons are a little more progressive. they recently gave 8,000 inmates electronic tablets as a trial and are pleased with the results less fighting in line to use the phones and calmer inmates in general they go on their best behavior cause they don't want their tablet taken away they aren't connected to the internet but they can communicate with friends ad relatives nd are charged a fee for each call all calls are monitored like the telephone calls and it's easier for LE to do so. They can play endless games on their free time and are more with the times. Some of the older inmates don't know how to work a cellphone Guess he lucked out Did you see where in some cases where an inmate is transferred to another state, they even change their name

Did they return the tablets? They were all seized not too long ago. They were being used in ways not intended.....go figure, right? I can’t think of any state at the moment that hasn’t removed all of the inmate tablets. NC most recently had developments with male inmates scamming the military!

Did they return the tablets? They were all seized not too long ago. They were being used in ways not intended.....go figure, right? I can’t think of any state at the moment that hasn’t removed all of the inmate tablets. NC most recently had developments with male inmates scamming the military!
How could they do that if they had no Internet? Or limited to selected sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517