GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as others said, I feel like the obviousness of the crime points away from co-conspirators. I don't see how he or anyone would have thought he wouldn't get caught. But it's easier for me to imagine he's just that socially inept or desperate that he didn't think he would be a suspect, than it is for me to imagine there were other people in on the plan that also thought he could get away with it.
Agree, it is hard to image another person as inept as CW.

The point is that your cell shakes hands with the nearest tower - and frequently these are dotted along major routes like I-25, but could also be further east or west

So now we are only talking about the cell designation - which could easily be by the local town

e.g. because I have a place in a rural area, I actually put quite a bit of work into finding my closest cell tower, which is on the autobahn

But it has designation of my local town which is a about 3km away

then the next tower on the autobahn is designated for the next town past me

but neither of them are in the town
I think here it would ping Frederick. I know this because I lived in that area for a long time, and when I would post on Instagram or Facebook the right town would always come up. Erie vs Frederick, Frederick vs Longmont, or Erie vs Lafayette, or Erie vs Broomfield, or Thornton, or whatever.
Frederick isn’t that rural IMO. It’s also right next to Longmost, a major town off 287 that parallels 25. So between 287 and 25, there have to be tons of cell towers.

I'm really sorry if I offend anyone, because it's a terrible thought, but I can't get it out of my mind that he used his foot to shove his children in the hole. Is there any way it's proven that he didn't do that? I would love to know that was not done.
It seems unlikely - isn't the flap higher up? He's not going to be doing yoga moves up there, on one leg that high up in the air.

I don't even think CW truly hated SW. I think he hated his life compared to the new one he discovered.

I think, after NK admitted to him, that she actually wanted many "firsts"and a family on her own, including that it was clearly a problem to her, he already had it all (marriage, children), he simply wanted his old life and his old decisions (the marriage with Shannan/having children with her) to be undone. They all needed to disappear to please his new love of his life... and to make her feel like she was the one and only... ugh.

Just take a look at those "couple photographs" Chris and Nichol took and the love letters he wrote to her, while Shannan was expecting his third child! That seemed so wrong to me... He was already in big denial and in the end, he just wanted an easy and quick way out!

I'm still on catch up on this thread and saw this. Apologies if it's been answered.

I have a long way to go still with the timeline, but I can let you know the following -

He left the house at 5:45am (per GPS)

He arrived at Cervi 3-19 at 6:53am (per GPS)

*BUT he texted co-workers somewhere close to 6:30am to say he was already at Cervi 3-19

*That last one I haven't reached the texts yet to update the timeline because those are near the end of the discovery, but I have a rough memory of that from my first reading.

I have wondered if the GPS times are out by about 20 minutes, but I don't know if that's possible. Is it tracked centrally or on the truck? Could he have fiddled with the tracker?

Its possible the truck GPS does not ping in realtime - e.g. to save battery

Oh and of course his plan was pushed back by over 2 hours; she was supposed to return around 11 and didn't get in until 1:48. He may have had more planned. NUA really saved the day by getting right on it in the morning when Shanann didn't respond.

But that still leaves say 2:30 - 5:30 or so. I agree he had more planned... but why wait?

IMO, CW hated his life so much it was worth the risk of getting caught. The weeks w/o his family gave him a taste of what he so desired.

It's worth remembering sociopaths often take crazy risks without evaluating likely consequences

I agree he was probably no longer happy with his life. He was after all a glorified maintenance man on dirty oil fields

BBM
I truly think Chris Watts thought he was going to get away with this and live a foot loose fancy free sex filled life with NK. I don't think he thought it was very risky. That's why he hid the girls bodies in the tanks. He thought it was brilliant!

I wonder if CW got away with this, what would happen with NK and CW. I assume he would get tired of NK and get involved in many sexual relationships, but I don't know. Are there any men who have gotten away with murdering their family, continuing on with their life and then finally got caught? I would love to know how they behaved.

But that still leaves say 2:30 - 5:30 or so. I agree he had more planned... but why wait?
His home security system would log that someone was moving around before his normal time for getting up. At some point the police would have asked for that info, even if he cleaned up and was getting away with it. Had Shanann returned at 11, he could have killed his family, cleaned up, and said that he stayed up until midnight that night which wouldn't seem unreasonable. Then he could have left at his normal early time. The late flight impacted on his plans IMO.

I'm wondering whether the lease plan on the Lexus was coming to an end and they were going to change up to a Q7. More space for an extra baby seat?
I really don't think so because the Audi Q7 search was on August 9th, the same day he took the doll photo.
His original plan was to abandon SW's Lexus, imo.
He also searched for Toyota dealerships on August 11th.
The new car was going to be for himself, which he planned to buy from the house proceeds, imo.

I really don't think so because the Audi Q7 search was on August 9th, the same day he took the doll photo.
The new car was going to be for himself, which he planned to buy from the house proceeds, imo.

The level of delusion this man had is inconceivable!

Or from the payout of the life insurance policies.

I disagree. The Lexus was not large enough for 3 children under 5 IMO. IIRC the toyota search was in relation to NK's vehicle. Also, IIRC, SW stated on her FB page that CW was looking at Audi's and this was some time before August.

I wonder if CW got away with this, what would happen with NK and CW. I assume he would get tired of NK and get involved in many sexual relationships, but I don't know. Are there any men who have gotten away with murdering their family, continuing on with their life and then finally got caught? I would love to know how they behaved.

I don't see her not finding out, or him not slipping up, at some point. Even if he hadn't confessed and/or the bodies hadn't been found (incredibly unlikely, IMO) he would have faced suspicions from LE, family, friends and neighbours, would have lost his job, etc. And if we buy the idea that part of what his attraction for NK was the trappings of a successful family man -- cute kids, attractive spouse, good dad, blah blah blah -- then I suspect their absence, especially in touch weird circumstances, would have reduced that attractiveness.

I think sometimes affairs drag on while the participants try to maintain the frisson that illicit love and sex provide, but when it's the illicitness that provides the rush, they aren't sustainable. And NK's history of bad relationships and her age and family ambitions suggest that she wasn't likely to wait for long for those "firsts," while his "simpler life" was unlikely to include new kids by someone else, and most of the same problems. I really don't think that NK was a co-conspirator in this, or even that she stood passively by knowing that CW intended to murder his family. I think she wanted what SW had -- though she didn't necessarily want it with CW, odd as that may sound, but it's hard to be both mistress and wife at the same time and in the same place. JMO, as always.

q7 is a luxury car with a list price of 50-65K

Anyone else notice the shirt that Watts was wearing in his first media interview on the porch/driveway? That is what initially caught my attention. The fact that this guy's wife and kids were missing, yet he'd somehow put on what looked to be a favorite shirt for TV. I realized it was reaching, but that shirt had a unique texture, was a (favorite perhaps?) sports-team theme, and I felt that it was obviously a special shirt to him, and how could he be to be concerned with that when his family is missing?

It was really minor, but it seemed odd at the time.

And he was wearing it again the next day as he was arrested.

I still think that shirt has some significance, and it wasn't because shannan bought it for him.

I disagree. The Lexus was not large enough for 3 children under 5 IMO. IIRC the toyota search was in relation to NK's vehicle. Also, IIRC, SW stated on her FB page that CW was looking at Audi's and this was some time before August.
Yes, he also searched for Toyota dealers on July 16th at the time he was looking for touch up paint for NK's 4Runner, but the August 9th Audi Q7 and August 11th Toyota dealership search were likely done when he already planned to kill them. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering whether the lease plan on the Lexus was coming to an end and they were going to change up to a Q7. More space for an extra baby seat?
The Lexus was a monthly bonus based on her thrive sales, if her sales each month did not reach the quota to receive the car bonus, they would have to make the payment that month. With Shanann no longer selling Thrive, the Lexus would go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea