GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
I truly think Chris Watts thought he was going to get away with this and live a foot loose fancy free sex filled life with NK. I don't think he thought it was very risky. That's why he hid the girls bodies in the tanks. He thought it was brilliant!
Dang

But also this is why I don't see CWs actions as very mysterious

Murdering over a woman is a story as old as time

For sure! And the prison he lands in is full of men serving LWOP for crimes as heinous or worse. Those that want a shot at him are not choir boys.

Just a thought, people are still wondering if he killed the girls first. IMO he wouldn't take that risk. If something happened, like Shanann decided not to come back that night and came with friends to get her stuff the next day and pick up the girls, his plan would be very much foiled. Their relationship was rocky, despite his pretence that things were going to change for the better. She was the main target and those poor little girls were disposed of afterwards. MOO

Delusion seems to be a consensus re CW. A lot of people (personality types) don't see themselves realistically, or are aware of how they (and their actions) are perceived by others. I think we all experience that ourselves from time to time.

That said, it seems to be a common trait with those who are NPD, and worse. Even the "smart" ones.

For sure! And the prison he lands in is full of men serving LWOP for crimes as heinous or worse. Those that want a shot at him are not choir boys.

Exactly.

A lot of the fascination with this case is moral peril

When some islander from South Auckland kills his wife/kids no one thinks much of it or seeks a deeper motive

It's his perceived membership in the middle class dad club which creates the incongruence

If we follow the evidence, it seems he spent a lot of the time he had cleaning - maybe for cadaver?

I guess he thought his main risk was forensics

But seeing as he lived in the house, apart from cadaver odour, not forensics mattered much so long as there was no blood/struggle

I don't even think CW truly hated SW. I think he hated his life compared to the new one he discovered.

I see it as sheer hatred for her. His days with NK were carefree, no Thrive talk, no kids demanding attention, no car seats, only two people able to do what they wanted, when they wanted.
For him to kill pregnant SW with his bare hands, IMO, is hatred for her and all she stood for.

HLN covering him now!

True, but unless they disarmed sensors regularly, it would still look suspicious if they were disarmed the night his wife and babies disappeared.

True - the police don't seem to have looked into his Security App data

but I guess it could be explained if he still expected his wife to come home

I would almost wager he was sobbing when he did it. Not raging. (I need to go back to that vid when he mentioned it to his dad and when I do, I can better describe my thoughts on the whole rage topic) Not crying because of the what he was doing but sobbing because he's what I call a punk. He probably had his mom, dad and NKs voices in his head while committing those horrible acts.

JMOO, I believe he was likely emotional, crying, those snippets of truth weaved into his lies about an 'emotional conversation.' I believe he was crying, crying when he smothered the girls, one by one, then silently weeping while he waited for SW to fall asleep and quietly strangle her.

I believe he sat there for a minute in the eerily quiet house, sobbing before getting into the disposal of the bodies mode..

Rage is at himself for doing this...for reasons only he know, the freedom, the financial aspect of more kids, he just wanted out...

So. Many. Other. Ways. OUT!

NEVER THIS!!!

The neighbor with that remote not buying a single.word of CW who was pacing a bit and sweating...

The cops knew the second they got there when the friend called that all was not right in that immaculate house when the friend was saying those buzz words; pregnant, separated, not herself, upset all weekend, her shoes and car are here....that officer 'knew.'

CW could not have been more busted...and let it be a lesson to ANY ONE out there, DO NOT DO THIS, JUST LEAVE, for everyone's sake, JUST LEAVE!

My BIL is a deadbeat dad TWICE over, as in he left two ex-wives with 1 child each per ex-wife..sure my IL's are APPALLED by him, sure, he doesn't pay child support, and no doesn't see the kids (one he sees once a year, the other he hasn't seen in 7 years, the kid is now 10), my BIL up and LEFT TWO women/children..sure he is always being sued etc., but he's FREE...

JUST. LEAVE!!!!

Last edited:
I think here it would ping Frederick. I know this because I lived in that area for a long time, and when I would post on Instagram or Facebook the right town would always come up. Erie vs Frederick, Frederick vs Longmont, or Erie vs Lafayette, or Erie vs Broomfield, or Thornton, or whatever.
Frederick isn’t that rural IMO. It’s also right next to Longmost, a major town off 287 that parallels 25. So between 287 and 25, there have to be tons of cell towers.

I found a website that locates local cell towers. It doesn't look like there is one directly in Frederick, but say if she did take 52 over to 85 from 25, there is a couple on the outskirts of town that could definitely ping. There's also one right off of 25 that has a location of Erie listed.

Who's the Best Carrier In Frederick? 546 People Agree It's This.

Not disputing anyone that says she could ping - just curious as I didn't notice the cell bill the first look around either!

This whole case has just been devastating to me, and at the same time, I can't take my eyes off these boards. I have a 3 year old that's just a few months younger than CeCe, has that same cheesy smile, and sounds like has a very similar personality. I've even noticed in pictures that they have some of the same toys too, so it's really hit me hard! My hubby won't even watch videos or listen to the case details I've looked at because it's too much for him to think about that being our little one.

It's worth remembering sociopaths often take crazy risks without evaluating likely consequences

I agree he was probably no longer happy with his life. He was after all a glorified maintenance man on ****** dirty oil fields
His job wasn’t going to change, he went from one woman who called the shots to another who did the exact same thing, the only difference is with #2 there was no room for kids from #1.

I agree - it's a very important shift in behavior. There was a lot going on August 9th. CW took the day off and Shanann went to Arizona.

Pg 1914 (Discovery pg 2109) - August 9th
  • Shanann told Sara that CW agreed "to go away next weekend, just us."
  • Shanann asked CW why he canceled his FB account. He didn't answer.
  • CW searched for prices on an Audi Q7.
  • Shanann told Utoft and Cassie that CW wants to move to Brighton. CW wants to wait until Monday, but the baby will be named "Niko Lee Watts." Talk with Chris she just had "Has been the best talk yet."
  • CW kissed her and told her he loved her.
  • Shanann told Sara that CW agreed to counseling, agreed to read the book she ordered, and that he would write her a letter.
On the next page in the discovery is the photo of the doll that CW sent to Shanann and the letter that she wrote to him.

Pg 14 (Discovery pg 59)
  • Shanann told her friend Christina on Friday 8/10 that she was having a baby boy and was super excited. Shanann said Chris was willing to go into therapy with her and they had planned to go to Aspen.

This is such a great summary Pommy. CW's activity is so transparent when taken altogether. It's like he made-up with SW just enough to convince her to go away for the weekend in AZ and that everything would be fine when she came home. He let her believe they had important plans on Monday that he would not miss-- to reveal the baby gender/name and to go to the girl's first day of school, etc. But in reality he was planning to murder her so those plans would never happen. He canceled his facebook in preparation. He got her to contact the realtor first so it would look like a mutual decision to sell the house. He was looking up which car he wanted to get using their LeVel car bonus when she "disappeared". IIRC Audi was one of the choices. He must have figured Shanann's LeVel money would keep rolling in while he did nothing. He's too stupid to realize that SW worked hard to earn that money. JMO.

Didn't he also tell SW he didn't want the extra fall sports package on Directv? He was planning for his life without her and if he was moving to a new place he wouldn't want to renew the satellite at the house only to get stuck paying that extra contract.

I wish we had more of an idea of what NK was saying or what CW was saying to NK on Aug 8th or Aug 9th. I'm still wondering if that doll photo was meant to be sent to someone else as "evidence" of SW acting erratically. It doesn't fit with his other actions towards her during this time when he wanted her to think everything was going to be ok. Perhaps he was going to try to claim SW did that to the doll before disappearing with the children? He could not have predicted she would put it up on facebook, even though she put just about everything up on facebook. CW's father even suggested to the police that SW did that to the doll and maybe it was a sign of her being unstable. I wonder if CW had mentioned that to him previously and put that suggestion in his head? Since SW's in-laws blocked her on facebook after Nutgate they might not have known about the doll photo unless CW or someone else told them. JMO.

I disagree. The Lexus was not large enough for 3 children under 5 IMO. IIRC the toyota search was in relation to NK's vehicle. Also, IIRC, SW stated on her FB page that CW was looking at Audi's and this was some time before August.
I don't get the sense he was searching for the next Queen Wagon Family Truckster.

Scott Peterson didn’t either, and he likely strangled Laci.

He could have pinned her arms, or used a chokehold from behind.

She would have been out quickly.

She was tired, pregnant, and had other physical ailments.

No matter how he did it, he was obviously successful.

Long ago in another life, my ex husband strangled me briefly. I was pregnant as well, with small kids in the house. As I tried to fight him off, all I managed was a tiny scratch on his neck and ripped his shirt collar. I don't wallow in this, no need for sympathy. I'm all good now. Shortly after, he violated a restraining order, but I bested him with a bit of pepper spray, and I've been rid of him for a loooonnnng time now. In my incident, I had some red marks on my neck but nothing else. I only bring up my past for two reasons....
1) To relate a personal strangling incident in which "marks" were minimal.
2) To mention that the cops and victims advocate instructed me not to say "choke" instead of "strangle" because it minimizes the severity of the act. Language has power. You choke when something is IN your throat. Strangling is a violent act from without. Up thread someone mentioned that RW said "choked" while talking with CW in the interrogation room. Interesting if so.

Just a thought, people are still wondering if he killed the girls first. IMO he wouldn't take that risk. If something happened, like Shanann decided not to come back that night and came with friends to get her stuff the next day and pick up the girls, his plan would be very much foiled. Their relationship was rocky, despite his pretence that things were going to change for the better. She was the main target and those poor little girls were disposed of afterwards. MOO

I think he had an “oh crap” moment after killing S. He knew he was not going to get away with her murder. Sure, he had fleeting, adrenaline filled thoughts of a life w/o a wife, but he also had to have other thoughts. So, IMO, he killed the kids AFTER in order to create an alibi or because he knew he was going down (& as we’ve seen in other cases) killed them so they were not orphaned.
After killing S he could not leave the girls home alone, he had no sitter lined up, he had to get S body out of the house, go to work, portray himself as normal.

I think the neighbour with the video footage clearly disliked CW. He mentioned how loudly CW shouted at Shanann and thought that Shanann had gone away because of it. He said to the policeman after viewing the video footage that CW is usually quiet, non-talkative. The neighbour's body language said to me that he really didn't like this guy CW.

He was onto CW's bs way before SW's "disappeared" that day from his own admission on the bodycam video.

"We will never know the extent of NK involvement. Of course people will remain suspicious of her.
CW pled, IMO, to avoid a trial, not the DP!
As in every case, there’s much we will never know." Trudie

And this is why she will never have a moment of peace. People will always be wondering about her level of involvement because of her sketchy behavior, sketchy personality, and her destroying evidence while acting “helpful”. She is no Amber Fry.

And Googling about how much $$$ Amber Frey made makes her sound craven and ruthless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member