GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never believe SW did not fight for herself and the protection of her children.

I think this again is another way for CW to "blame the victim" --as if he would have come to his senses and released his grip from around SW's neck had she responded differently.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.
I think it’s that, or him basically saying that SW forgave him as he was killing her.

Both are equally absurd.

I understand what you are saying. However did anyone look up in that particular prison what the mentoring program is all about? In one of the prison's I could find the phrase that mentoring program consists of assisting other prison inmates with addiction and stuff. Life goes on behind prison walls and it's actually a good thing if the facility trains certain individuals in certain areas to keep the costs of the prison down. It does state, on the site in the prison he is in that they do an assessment on the inmate upon his entry into the prison. Maybe that assessment either gives options or REQUIREMENTS to the inmate that he must fulfill: like working in the prison. Maybe CW scored high that he had the appropriate knowledge or capability of learning to actually be able to do that kind of work program.

Personally I'd like to see inmates helping other inmates. It's in no way excusing what he did rather it's keeping the costs down in the prison's to save money from being taken out of the budget for the city or state or even government funding. It's not such a bad idea and if this is where he is suited to be placed the kudos to him.
I wouldn’t trust this guy to mentor my pet rock.

Put in a different way, no, the medical evidence did not show she did not fight back, the medical evidence showed that Chris was not scratched or hurt. She may very well have fought back to the extent a woman encased in a sheet from head to toe can do. With arms pressed to her sides by his knees, or wrapped tight as a mummy would be. That's the way I understand it, not that there were "no signs of her fighting back". IIRC

I meant the autopsy did not mention any signs of her fighting back but of course she may well have not been able to.

I don't know if they do it routinely, but Jace Larson had CW's visitor log prior to the CBI announcement that the interview had taken place.

Jace Larson

Feb 18 - CW's interview
Feb 21 - Date on visitor log
Feb 28 - CBI announced interview
Feb 28 - Jace Larson posts on FB that he's had the visitor log for a few days

MOO
I believe media reps routinely make request wherever State laws allow.

DOC > Public Records Requests
Wisconsin's Public Records Law (Wis. Stats. §§ 19.31 - 19.37). While exemptions exist for certain records, state law makes a presumption of public access. ...
DOC Public Records Requests

52331909_2053884131313903_1139435809808580608_n.png

ETA: The coding on the log header indicates the reporter/network following "NBC 15 Investigates" transfer of CW out of Colorado DOC.
NBC15 Investigates: Inmate transfer process, Chris Watts confirmed in WI

Last edited:
He didn’t turn so disconnected overnight. He had to be like this all along.

A female classmate said girls thought he was cute, but he did not respond.

His roommate said that he studied and did not party with them.

He has been disconnected for years.

Those girls should count their lucky stars.

I wouldn’t trust this guy to mentor my pet rock.
My thoughts exactly. Beyond his lack of emotion, he also has no leadership qualities whatsoever. In every relationship he's been in, he had someone else run the show.

I find it rich that he wants to mentor people. He was a father, the ultimate form of mentorship, but that role was useless to him so he threw his family away. Saying he wants to be a mentor is one of his ways to get a pat on the back for being "good Chris", I suspect.

I would like to see the entire fight conversation. With so many heated exchanges it is highly unlikely that the trigger was "You'll never see the kids again". Probably something like "I'm going to file assault charges in the morning." There must be a study somewhere on the types of prisoners who kill themselves. The only one I can think of offhand was the Craigslist killer.

Great analysis on Dude.

He talked like he is in prison for only a little bitty bit bad thing he did last August. And that he is magnanimous, has forgiven everybody, has no resentment, wants people to move on already. And oh yes, he wants to be a mentor to his fellow prisoners (super creepy imo).

Yes, I'm wondering who among his prison peers has done anything half as bad as murdering his family, holding the babies up by their arms and dropping them in crude oil. Who exactly would find Chris admirable enough to be mentored by him? Give me a break!

Yes. But but if he had her arms pinned, she could have struggled but been powerless to do anything.

That wouldn’t show up in the form of defensive injuries.

I don’t for a second believe that she just laid there and gave up.

And no one gets strangled in their sleep without first waking up. Deep sleep or not.

And no one in the process of having the life choked out of her has the presence of mind or the inclination to pray for her attacker's forgiveness.

And no one in the process of having the life choked out of her has the presence of mind or the inclination to pray for her attacker's forgiveness.

Exactly. Also, the fact that you used the word “inclination” correctly, is not lost on me.

Perhaps you could pen a letter to CW, and instruct him on the correct usage of the word.

God knows he completely screwed their up, during his “Sermon on the Porch.”

Exactly. Also, the fact that you used the word “inclination” correctly, is not lost on me.

Perhaps you could pen a letter to CW, and instruct him on the correct usage of the word.

God knows he completely screwed their up, during his “Sermon on the Porch.”

Funny you should mention writing to Chris, MG. I've never had the inclination (see what I did there?) to write to a prisoner but I flirted with the thought of barraging him with postcards that say only, "Daddy, No!"

I would like to see the entire fight conversation. With so many heated exchanges it is highly unlikely that the trigger was "You'll never see the kids again". Probably something like "I'm going to file assault charges in the morning." There must be a study somewhere on the types of prisoners who kill themselves. The only one I can think of offhand was the Craigslist killer.
I don't know of a study but I can think of two more prisoners who committed suicide. Ariel Castro hung himself with a sheet, and Phillip Markoff ate toilet paper, put a bag over his head, and cut his major arteries. I'm sure there are many more.
MOO

Great analysis on Dude.

He talked like he is in prison for only a little bitty bit bad thing he did last August. And that he is magnanimous, has forgiven everybody, has no resentment, wants people to move on already. And oh yes, he wants to be a mentor to his fellow prisoners (super creepy imo).

Jodi Arias said the same thing. :eek:

She reminds me a lot of CW, they'd make the perfect couple.

I don't think psychopaths should be allowed to mentor anyone because of their ability to damage fragile psyches in an underhand, passive-aggressive way.

moo

I don't know of a study but I can think of two more prisoners who committed suicide. Ariel Castro hung himself with a sheet, and Phillip Markoff ate toilet paper, put a bag over his head, and cut his major arteries. I'm sure there are many more.
MOO

I've heard that prisoners are more likely to commit suicide early in their stays and while they're in jails rather than prisons.

I had forgotten about Ariel Castro. He may be as evil as this latest crop of infidels we've been discussing.

MOO

Markoff seemed quite thorough - although eating toilet paper sounds like a crappy way to go...o_O

I don't know if the Dodge Correctional Institution offers degree or other educational programs but if they do, I can see Watts taking on a new "role" of Theologian and becoming a preacher. Ma and Pa Watts will be so proud! :mad:

Watts won't commit suicide. The only way he'll die before his time in prison is if he gets taken out by another prisoner.

Let's just say he ain't getting out of Dodge any time soon!

moo

Last edited:
Agree -- that mentor idea is super creepy!

How would that work?

"Dude... be happy like me. I annihilated my pregnant wife, and beautiful children, and wake with a smile on my face every morning." :eek:
Actually what you wrote is not a bad thing. It would be great if prisoners can wake with a smile on their face every morning. EXCEPT they need to be deeply remorseful first before smiling. IMO, JMO, MOO.

Dude didn't sound remorseful at all to me. Wait, maybe he was remorseful for not going to the Broncos game.
I don't think he ever even apologized for what he did? I might need to listen to the interview again.

Yes, I'm wondering who among his prison peers has done anything half as bad as murdering his family, holding the babies up by their arms and dropping them in crude oil. Who exactly would find Chris admirable enough to be mentored by him? Give me a break!

Maybe Chris Watts can "mentor" FA Chris Coleman.

They're in the same prison.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members