GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

You are probably right but I’m having a hard time picturing it unless he is on her back. Is that what you think?

Seenit, pocketaccent, MemPat and 5 others like this.
  2. Pi Thoughts

Pi Thoughts Well-Known Member

Traymar, NoClouseau, LeeAnnB and 15 others like this.
  3. mtnlites

mtnlites Scooby Doo Gang Membership Pending

SBM

Honestly? Yes. Considering what he did, I would personally pay to keep him in prison. I feel that strongly about the crime and his actions.

JDough, MrsM, girlhasnoname and 26 others like this.
  4. DaisyKenny

DaisyKenny Well-Known Member

Good summary. From the article:
    "August 13, 10:10 a.m.: After disposing of the bodies of his wife and daughters at an oil site where he works, Chris Watts looks up the lyrics to a Metallica song, "Battery."
    The song contains the lyrics: "Smashing through the boundaries/ Lunacy has found me/ Cannot stop the battery/ Pounding out aggression/ Turns into obsession/ Cannot kill the battery/ Cannot kill the family."

In an interview with investigators in February, after he was sentenced, Watts said he was looking up the lyrics to the song because Kessinger liked it and asked him what it meant.

He denied looking up the lyrics on the way to or from the oil site after the murders."
    So CW lied the timing of when he looked up the lyrics. For supposedly having such a great memory, he lied multiple times during that prison interview about easily verifiable facts.

I am still confused about why he said it was NK who asked him about what it meant. Was that just another lie? As a big Metallica fan, it doesn't make much sense to look up lyrics for a song he was already familiar with. Wouldn't he just play it instead if it was just for him?

5. mtnlites

That's one of Metallica's biggest songs, too. Even I know the lyrics to it and it's not my kind of music. I can't believe that he would need to look it up, but what a weird thing to lie about. Of course, this is coming from the same dude who had to Google "when to say 'I love you'" so there's that...

MrsM, girlhasnoname, Daisy47 and 22 others like this.
  6. Psychofcrime

Psychofcrime Well-Known Member

He had no intention of having a nice visit with her. He saw he chance. SW wrapped in sheets and or covers, asleep, trapped like a mummy. He pounced on top blocking any movement and strangled her quickly. Because he is a coward...

7. nwmouse

nwmouse Well-Known Member

He's delusional and lying through his teeth about Shanann meekly lying back and praying for him as he strangled her.

The body will automatically respond by struggling when something is crushing the windpipe and blocking off air. Its instinct.

His lies are as believable as Steven Avery's. Maybe they can be buddies since they're in the same prison and share similar evil tendencies.

moo

kelseykixx, abr, NoClouseau and 17 others like this.
  8. mtnlites

Agree. A woman THAT proactive about getting proper medical care for her kids, that worried about protecting one from a potentially dangerous nut allergy, that spends so much time posting about nutrition and energy and living a good life would certainly NOT just lie back and wait for death. He's probably telling himself that she didn't fight back to partially excuse what he did. "Well, she didn't, like, struggle so it must have been, like, she didn't, like, mind dying or something."

MrsM, girlhasnoname, AlyBaba and 32 others like this.
  9. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

So Steven Avery is there? He and PF can chat about how something from a burn pile can do you in?

AvaGrace, molly1255, Seenit and 4 others like this.
  10. MemPat

Oops! I had my crimes mixed up and can't make my last post go away. Sorry!

11. MemPat

Deleted by me.

12. nwmouse

Yup, Dodge Correctional in WI.

Chris Coleman too, he strangled his wife and two sons and then mumbled about his wife not performing her wifely duties and now says he was "set up".

Who knows, maybe Patrick Frazee will be sent there too and they can start their own little "mentor" group?:mad:

moo

Tora Gahan, kakadu, LeeAnnB and 14 others like this.
  13. nwmouse

And she was pregnant and would likely have done anything to protect the baby growing inside her too.
    Chris Watt's lies are so obvious and stupid that I think he got his IQ score from a fortune cookie.

moo

14. Best of What's Around

Best of What's Around Well-Known Member

I'm not clear on how a prison mentoring system really keeps the bills down for taxpayers. Forced labor might, but most people find it offensive in this day and age. You can't replace therapists with prisoners for obvious reasons - so a mentoring program is actually in some ways just more expensive - to administrate. Not saying it does not have value, but I fail to see the monetary value. And there are some who say criminals go to jail to really learn how to commit crime...so there's that, too. MOO

MrsM, girlhasnoname, Traymar and 18 others like this.
  15. nells

nells Active Member

Will the covert video of the WI interview be released? Is that also available under FOIA?

kakadu, NoClouseau, Seattle1 and 4 others like this.
  16. Best of What's Around

Best of What's Around Well-Known Member

Yes, when you think about it, it is not just ridiculous that he would say she didn't fight back on her own accord, it is a horrible thing to say. And stupid. I'm just wondering who drew the short end of the stick to give out IQ tests in prison and is that a job someone who really knows what they are doing willingly takes?

jking, njlady, MsBetsy and 8 others like this.
  17. mtnlites

I agree. In a similar situation, my mom was a teacher in the adult (GED) and juvenile (high school/middle school) detention centers for almost 20 years. Counselors and teachers still have to be state certified, educated, and licensed, even when they're working with inmates. Occasionally prisoners would become aids or helpers, but to take over the actual job, they still had to be college-educated and certified-both of which cost money and are usually paid for by tax payers if the prisoner receives the education while incarcerated.

Like you, I'm not saying that it doesn't have value, but I, too, fail to see the monetary value in such a thing.

MrsM, Traymar, jking and 9 others like this.
  18. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

I think I've been making an error...? Jim came on Monday afternoon , not Sunday? I was thinking he was her alibi for early Monday a.m. Puzzling cuz I had sure thought jim came sunday, but nk clearly says monday, around the time she got off work, 3:45 ish.

AgeofAquaruis, jking, nwmouse and 7 others like this.
  19. mtnlites

I think it's another way of passing the buck and blaming someone else-something that this dude is VERY good at. In a subtle way, he was blaming her non reaction for his actions. (It's her fault, too, because she didn't make me stop.)

20. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I thought it was just audio recorded. Did you read somewhere that there is video? Would love to see that!
    MOO