Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #73 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things that came up regarding the home security cameras.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425182658787782659?s=21

Agent Grusing spoke with Sheila about #SuzanneMorphew list. More examples of grievances: concerns about recovering from cancer with #BarryMorphew still in the picture. Concerns about cameras in the garage. Accusing Suzanne of Boyfriend. They spoke with Barry about this.

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424778885913137152?s=21

Surveillance system was not operating the day that #SuzanneMorphew went missing. Investigators say the people living in the house before installed the system and it was not operating for several years. @KKTV11News

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424779368102961160?s=21

According to investigations, #BarryMorphew told investigators he could bet $100,000 that "she" was the one who unplugged the cameras. He says he had a crew come out to fix the cameras and he didn't know if they worked or if "she" tampered with them. @KKTV11News

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424779560264953856?s=21

Nielsen says DNA shows that there was a strong probability #SuzanneMorphew DNA was found on the cables that were unplugged from the system used to support the security cameras. #BarryMorphew @KKTV11News

https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1424780274529755137?s=21

In case you were wondering, there is no surveillance of the Morphew home from 5/9 or 5/10. The DVR was missing. Lots of talk about whose DNA was on the DVR cords. DNA test showed moderate support that Suzanne's DNA was on the cords, but Barry and their daughters' DNA excluded.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1424779242684960771?s=21
Now speaking about the surveillance cameras on Morphew Property. They were installed by the previous owners. The defense is referring to page 97 in the arrest affidavit. They are speaking about missing cords that LE found.

Neilsen said Barry never touched the cables missing from the DDR. LE took swabs of the cords. DNA from Barry, Mallory, and Macy were excluded. She is now showing Walker discovery of the DNA report of the DDR cables. GREY S cable.

Neilsen said Barry never touched the cables missing from the DDR. LE took swabs of the cords. DNA from Barry, Mallory, and Macy were excluded. She is now showing Walker discovery of the DNA report of the DDR cables. GREY S cable.

So the defense is showing that it was likely Suzanne who touched the cable. Now they are talking about a blue cable to see if Suzannes DNA was on that cable. What about the Power Cable... DNA mixture of two. Likely Suzanne and an unknown male individual.
I'm not getting the point. Could you tell me what they are trying to say or prove and why? TIA

Onl

So do you think a jury will vote not guilty because Suzanne had an affair? Or do you think the evidence isn’t strong enough?

No, at least I hope no jury would acquit because Suzanne had an affair. I am only basing my speculation on the general tone of the comments. Many were focused on the unknown DNA in the RR that had connections to a sexual offender. Quite a few think the evidence (based on that one article) was weak for a conviction. Just wait till they hear about SM's DNA on the cords. Only hers. The response will be A-Ha! Something sketchy was going on with her. Whereas, here on WS, if only BM's DNA was on the cords we might be going A-Ha! Very sketchy!

I've followed this case since the beginning and I think based on the snippets of evidence so far that BM is guilty of murder, maybe not 1st degree. But many of us aren't just basing our opinion on one news article. We've followed the nuances of the case; Barry's behavior and actions, the inconsistencies.

When the time comes to choose a jury you can bet that the defense will want those people who aren't familiar with the case. They'll try to get some divorced guy on the jury. If by trial, Suzanne is the only documented adulterer, that can affect people's opinions. It shouldn't but it will. Not because she committed adultery but because we don't know how many times she did and the defense may play that up. That there may be some other guy out there who felt betrayed.

There was a serious paradigm shift for many posters here on WS who had been extolling the virtues of SM from the get go who had to adjust to the new reality of SM's private life. Personally, I was glad she had the stones to do it although it would be like waving a red flag at a bull if BM found out. I think he knew.

If I was on that jury based on what I know from following this case since May 2020, I'd convict him. But I'd never get on that jury because I'd never get selected because the defense would think I have a personal bias.

Last edited:
I'm not getting the point. Could you tell me what they are trying to say or prove and why? TIA
I’m not at all sure what’s up with this. I wanted them all in one place so y’all can help me lol. They say cables were missing and then they say LE found the missing cables ( I wonder where? ), Maybe BM disabled the camera in the garage so he wouldn’t be seen taking the bike out?

I guess the Defense is countering back that only SM DNA on the cables and she’s the one to disable . Maybe so she could steal money from the safe or hide something else to do with another man ??

No, at least I hope no jury would acquit because Suzanne had an affair. I am only basing my speculation on the general tone of the comments. Many were focused on the unknown DNA in the RR that had connections to a sexual offender. Quite a few think the evidence (based on that one article) was weak for a conviction. Just wait till they hear about SM's DNA on the cords. Only hers. The response will be A-Ha! Something sketchy was going on with her. Whereas, here on WS, if only BM's DNA was on the cords we might be going A-Ha! Very sketchy!

I've followed this case since the beginning and I think based on the snippets of evidence so far that BM is guilty of murder, maybe not 1st degree. But many of us aren't just basing our opinion on one news article. We've followed the nuances of the case; Barry's behavior and actions, the inconsistencies.

When the time comes to choose a jury you can bet that the defense will want those people who aren't familiar with the case. They'll try to get some divorced guy on the jury. If by trial, Suzanne is the only documented adulterer, that can affect people's opinions. It shouldn't but it will. Not because she committed adultery but because we don't know how many times she did and the defense may play that up. That there may be some other guy out there who felt betrayed.

There was a serious paradigm shift for many posters here on WS who had been extolling the virtues of SM from the get go who had to adjust to the new reality of SM's private life. Personally, I was glad she had the stones to do it although it would be like waving a red flag at bull if BM found out. I think he knew.

If I was on that jury based on what I know from following this case since May 2020, I'd convict him. But I'd never get on that jury because I'd never get selected because the defense would think I have a personal bias.
Thank you. I tried to spell the word "sketchy" for at least 10 minutes last night. IMO

I’m not at all sure what’s up with this. I wanted them all in one place so y’all can help me lol. They say cables were missing and then they say LE found the missing cables ( I wonder where? ), Maybe BM disabled the camera in the garage so he wouldn’t be seen taking the bike out?

I guess the Defense is countering back that only SM DNA on the cables and she’s the one to disable . Maybe so she could steal money from the safe or hide something else to do with another man ??
I would imagine I would want to unplug cables if I had a husband who watched my every move. I don’t have a problem with Suzanne disconnecting the cables, unless the prosecution says it was Barry. If they say that, it’s understandable that the defense will show only Suzanne’s DNA is on the cables. The prosecution’s narrative needs to fit the evidence.

Hypo Closing Argument?
Posted by @BrownRice in previous thread:
"...Also, I’d try to spread out all of my supplies over a couple weeks. A shovel, duct tape, ax, oversized plastic storage bin and bleach can’t be purchased all at one time."

Good thought BrownRice. :) But if someone is on LE's suspect list already, not sure if spacing clean-up purchases over a couple weeks would help clear suspect. Seems multiple pre-homicide purchases could nail premeditation (malice aforethought, or deliberation element or whatever the M-1 statutory language for planning, is in killer's state).

Prosecutor's closing argument? Three weeks before his wife disappeared, def bought supersize storage bin at WalMart. A few days later, he purchased the axe & shovel at HomeDepot. Then a week later bought multipack of duct tape at Target. Two weeks, bought yada yada. As time passed, he became more resolute, every purchase a further step in his plan to kill her, until the day before, he stopped at Loew's for ropes and heavy duty tarps. You've seen surv cam video recordings of def at the check out counter at three of these stores. You've seen his April Visa credit card bill showing two of the purchases. You've seen register receipts from his pre-paid Master Card for all other purchases. The videos and paper trail evidence shows def methodically bought these instruments of death starting three weeks before he caused her brutal death.

my2ct. :(:eek:Sorry BrownRice.

We'll come and see you on visiting days.:rolleyes:;)

image: Monopoly Go to Jail (card)

Last edited:
Well, lets hope the jurors have common sense.

Common sense for one may be different for another. Implicit bias affects everyone. No one is immune.

This link (provided by a criminal defense attorney) is a simplified version of many studies done that refer to implicit bias in every facet of the judicial system. From the witness to the public, from the defense to prosecution. And from the jurors and the jurists.

https://www.fresnocriminalattorney.com/juror-bias-can-affect-criminal-trials/

So, they found the missing DVR cables but not the missing DVR? Maybe Suzanne discovered something was amiss with the system and touched the cables? I would be surprised if her DNA was NOT found on anything in the house or garage. Barry, on the other hand, was busy cleaning up his "tracks". MO

Common sense for one may be different for another. Implicit bias affects everyone. No one is immune.

This link (provided by a criminal defense attorney) is a simplified version of many studies done that refer to implicit bias in every facet of the judicial system. From the witness to the public, from the defense to prosecution. And from the jurors and the jurists.

https://www.fresnocriminalattorney.com/juror-bias-can-affect-criminal-trials/
I don't think Implicit Bias for this couples resolution will be an issue. If it is? Request a change of venue.

IMO

I also think it's easy for them to be Joe Cool during the planning phase but when they have a dead body on their hands it becomes real very fast. I wonder if the actual kill runs on an endless loop in the back of their mind and actually becomes a distraction to being able to finish it as dispassionately as they started?
I imagine that the murder, for some, is the easy part. It's the aftermath that is the hard part.

Barry should have stuck to the K.I.S.S. method. He did a great job with hiding Suzanne's body. I think the the place was picked far in advance.

It's the complicated staging/cleanup/alibi that is going to seal his fate. I really think that he planned to use firefighter training as his alibi until the class was canceled due to Covid. Then, he had to scramble for a second alibi, which really didn't work for him.

I really don't understand the scattered dumping at all of the places in Broomfield. What was up with that? And, all of the changing of his clothes. No, that's not suspicious...I think that, in his effort to be efficient, he wasn't effective at all.

Of course, only time will tell.

JMO.

Last edited:

The defense may want only Suzanne tied to the camera cords but Barry didn't want LE or anyone else to see what may have going on in the garage as he was dashing about killing his wife, possibly loading his wife into a container and the container being placed into a vehicle. Then, loading the bike, helmet, etal.

Would he wear gloves for touching materials related to the crime and home security? The DVR is missing. Did Suzanne remove it? If so, why? Why would she do it that week or months earlier? If it was missing for months wouldn't Barry wonder why? Did Barry dispose of it while on his trek to Broomfield? We know why he would.

So, I’m convinced there’s another vehicle here.

Barry’s truck moved once, but just a ways down the driveway. We haven’t heard any evidence that Barry traveled anywhere until the early morning hours of the 10th.

Defense now recounting the movement of #BarryMorphew truck. Recall-- it was parked in the Morphew driveway from the afternoon of May 9th to early morning May 10th. @KKTV11News

He just has to have dumped Suzanne’s body before heading to Broomfield, but it doesn’t look like he used his truck. Then I remembered this Tweet from Lauren:

On May 7, #BarryMorphew texted a person about getting a new truck. Attempted to call #SuzanneMorphew dad Gene. Also texted George Davis. Mallory was sending pictures of their trip to Utah and also a text that said, "Finally got the job!"

I don’t think he did get a new one, obviously, but I do wonder if he borrowed one to dispose of Suzanne. The reset of his truck doesn’t wipe out the data in the future, yet there’s nothing there.

I think there’s a bombshell coming.

SM did like to ride her mountain bike. On the mountain bike trail. Always with her car. She had never have been on that road, more than ? How tough and how far would
It have been to the the bike from the hot tub, to the place it was found?

It's beyond bizarre that he did this. For what seems like a planned out thing, he didn't think this part through very well at all!
Today, I wAs trying to think of a better way to have thrown away those small pieces of trash, or things like her teal shirt, etc...I think he could have avoided cameras if he went to a sit down restaurant, like a Denny's or something. At some point he could have gone into the bathroom and thrown something into the trash.

If he carried a plastic bag with him, but only threw away a couple of the items, it wouldn't have shown on the camera if he had discarded anything or not. And those trash cans are dumped at least once a day. JMO

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

This ABC news link was discussed in the previous thread. I don't know if any of you are like me but I always read the comments. Unlike WSers, I presume most people who read about this case in the news only have a peripheral interest in it. If potential jurors are like most of the commenters after the article, the prosecution has a tough row to hoe in getting a conviction. I hope they have way more than they've given us so far.
I hear what you're saying. Nobody likes a cheating spouse.

But the most caustic comments came from people who didn't know the situation. And the jurors will have the full picture. I think they will sympathise with her. JMO

Another possibility---BM knew he had to disable the garage cams before he could take her bike out of the garage. Maybe the day before he tricked her in some way---" Hey hon, can you help me try and get these cameras rebooted? ---just unplug that for me and the replug when I say...."

That way he gets her DNA on the cables, then uses a glove to unplug them? He is setting her up because he knows they may check why the cameras aren't working?

I would imagine I would want to unplug cables if I had a husband who watched my every move. I don’t have a problem with Suzanne disconnecting the cables, unless the prosecution says it was Barry. If they say that, it’s understandable that the defense will show only Suzanne’s DNA is on the cables. The prosecution’s narrative needs to fit the evidence.
But if Barry was listening to Forensics Files shows in preparation, he may have decided not to leave his fingerprints or DNA on the camera cords, so he may have changed the evidence by using gloves---and maybe even tricking her into touching them herself.

So, I’m convinced there’s another vehicle here.

Barry’s truck moved once, but just a ways down the driveway. We haven’t heard any evidence that Barry traveled anywhere until the early morning hours of the 10th.

Defense now recounting the movement of #BarryMorphew truck. Recall-- it was parked in the Morphew driveway from the afternoon of May 9th to early morning May 10th. @KKTV11News

He just has to have dumped Suzanne’s body before heading to Broomfield, but it doesn’t look like he used his truck. Then I remembered this Tweet from Lauren:

On May 7, #BarryMorphew texted a person about getting a new truck. Attempted to call #SuzanneMorphew dad Gene. Also texted George Davis. Mallory was sending pictures of their trip to Utah and also a text that said, "Finally got the job!"

I don’t think he did get a new one, obviously, but I do wonder if he borrowed one to dispose of Suzanne. The reset of his truck doesn’t wipe out the data in the future, yet there’s nothing there.

I think there’s a bombshell coming.

You think he borrowed GD's truck, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Torr194