CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Do you think it remembers your last setting - no time to test right now, but I think it does. And in order to get rid of my phone ringing (over wifi carried calls here in the house), I have to use yet another setting (do not disturb).

But none of that changes the fact that my darned Google map still knows where to put the blue dot.

2. Aloe

Aloe Well-Known Member

3. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

If I recall most of it was in the investigation notes so "we" were privvy to it for the trial..pretty much everything except the blow by blow descriptions Krystal spoke to at trial, but we knew about the blood, the fire, the trip to the rancing property, and so on. I don't recall a bombshell...with the exception of the prisoner the last day! That WAS a bombshell. This case is different because we are only getting what we hear in the tweets however defense knows what is in the investigative reports and so on.

Flicka1, Bailey38, Rolo and 7 others like this.
  4. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

Perhaps LE looked at all the rifles...I don't know....we only know that the "one" presumably in the garage to shoot darts was broken and last used allegedly in April. Since LE "seemed" kind of slip shod in the search (not testing a half cup of coffee for poison...come on LE LOL)...we just don't know if they checked all the rifles.

Flicka1, Bailey38, Janeumayer and 7 others like this.
  5. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

@10ofRods when you said you turned off GPS, is that the same thing as turning off Location Services?

I want to be sure I grok which terms mean what. Thanks!

Flicka1, Rolo, Cindizzi and 4 others like this.
  6. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I'm sure SM had credit cards and a checkbook. She was the joint owner of multiple properties and a mother raising kids! Her purse was located containing credit cards and cash.

I'm afraid the ATM comment has been taken out of context. I think the intent of the defense was to represent that BM was a good provider to his family. If they had needs they came to him -- i.e., he was the ATM.

Personally, how often have I said, "granddad is the ATM" and I don't mean this literally! MOO

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  7. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Agree.
    Couldnt keep order in the court either.
    Let D have all tbe opening hits.
    Taking so much time sounds like he needs to write a defense of why the case is not advancing to trial, and the real reason he did not release the AA was he knew he was not going to send it to trial a long time ago.

8. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

does anyone have a link to the Prosecution press conference?

Flicka1, Charlot123, al66pine and 5 others like this.
  9. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

So did Shan'ann -- she received an alert when Chris paid for his date with NK on Friday night -- days before he murdered his family.

InvisibleMe, ar3593, Flicka1 and 18 others like this.
  11. Unfortunately, I, too, am leaning 80% in that direction. And I hate it cause it breaks my heart. I wonder if we will ever know the "kink or kinks" that make his decisions so very odd (to some of us, at least). No trial, no release of AA. The DA will re-charge but in what venue? The district court in Chaffee County should not get another pass at screwing this up. Approving the AA then not going to trial really should be reviewed by a higher court. Curious to see how Murphy backs his way out of this.
    JMHO

Flicka1, Rolo, Charlot123 and 10 others like this.
  12. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

To also turn off google maps - you have to go to privacy settings and disable location services by selecting off.

Flicka1, Rolo, mom2chloe and 5 others like this.
  13. Love Never Fails

I would like to see the statement from the prosecution last night. I cant find it on you tube. That said, I see the judge leaning the other way. If he didn't think the AA had any meat to it, why sign it? Why let a man stay in jail all summer if he thought the AA was faulty? IMO, that would make the judge look incompetent and inexperienced.

If BM walks, I will be shocked.[/QUOTE]

ar3593, Flicka1, windrower and 30 others like this.
  14. pseudo_hum

pseudo_hum Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]
    Here is where LS said it would be: FOX21 News Colorado | Colorado Springs News & Weather | KXRM

Flicka1, Rolo, tmar and 3 others like this.
  15. Love Never Fails

Flicka1, Rolo, al66pine and 4 others like this.
  16. [/QUOTE]
    Great questions. That's why I'm not at 100%. But I've been complaining about this judge since he sealed the AA with a whine about how time consuming and what a burden for the defense to redact it at that time. Really? As the MSM appeal said, it's your JOB to redact & release. Of course it takes time and resources but you have a constitutional responsibility to the public with a process laid out clearly in Rule 55.1. Do your JOB!
    JM(not so)HO

Flicka1, Bailey38, Rolo and 7 others like this.
  17. cattlekate

cattlekate Well-Known Member

Agreed. JMO but no way would an unloaded .22 pistol/revolver be in a nightstand handy for “protection.” Just guessing but a higher-caliber loaded handgun would probably be in BM’s nightstand. I guess the daughters may have some insight into this if they were interviewed early.

So I do obsess how an unspent .22 bullet ended up in the MB. And it’s still unclear where exactly it was found.

Hopefully LE immediately found where all of the guns were and questioned BM, MM1, MM2 about the locations.

Flicka1, Rolo, Charlot123 and 14 others like this.
  18. fcavanaugh

fcavanaugh Well-Known Member

Quoting my own post for clarity, too late to edit.

BBM above, what I meant to type was:
    It’s a 2-step process. The article tells you where to go in iPhone settings to enable Airplane mode, and to disable GPS.

Gah, sorry for any confusion! That’s what happens when I try to multi-task and post while working, lol.

Carry On. :)

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
    #BringSuzanneHome
    #JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  19. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

Yes, taking a line from @MassGuy, he’s a controlling controller who controls.

InvisibleMe, ar3593, Flicka1 and 30 others like this.
  20. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

Surely JM's easiest route out of this, would be to have a trial?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.