Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone find any evidence of these massive searches by the family of BM? Pictures, media coverage, tweets, Facebook posts, Instagram? Anything ? because I’ve been on this case from early on and other than these quotes by the nephew of the searches- I’ve never seen any evidence they happened and we certainly haven’t received an accounting of the crowdfunding which supported these searches as was promised IMO- why is that? Well I’m going to guess it’s because NONE happened and everyone stepped away Real quick except for a few ...
I welcome the evidence that these massive searches took place as that would help me understand his behavior (and his family/friends) Right now? It so reminds me of a few other husbands we are familiar with...and they are in jail or dead
JMO

NOTTA..... I’ve been checking Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and I have found a few posts by BM’s family regarding SM, but certainly no posts or updates, and no photos of any searches.

The gimme fund stands at $32k as of now.
https://www..com/f/suzanne-morphew

Anyone find any evidence of these massive searches by the family of BM? Pictures, media coverage, tweets, Facebook posts, Instagram? Anything ? because I’ve been on this case from early on and other than these quotes by the nephew of the searches- I’ve never seen any evidence they happened and we certainly haven’t received an accounting of the crowdfunding which supported these searches as was promised IMO- why is that? Well I’m going to guess it’s because NONE happened and everyone stepped away Real quick except for a few ...
I welcome the evidence that these massive searches took place as that would help me understand his behavior (and his family/friends) Right now? It so reminds me of a few other husbands we are familiar with...and they are in jail or dead
JMO
https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/05...after-her-mysterious-disappearance-exclusive/
I have seen no evidence, the search party may have only consisted of BM and the guy who did “400 tours in IRAQ” ... who was obviously an exceptional human being that needed no other assistance with that kind of resume. Moo.

I find it odd there has been so much silence from friends and family of SM. No social media presence of support groups or organizing searches or posting updates the way most families and friends do. No donating supplies to help with searching. I don't recall even hearing anything from her children. So bizarre. I hope they find what happened to her soon.

NOTTA..... I’ve been checking Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and I have found a few posts by BM’s family regarding SM, but certainly no posts or updates, and no photos of any searches.

The gimme fund stands at $32k as of now.
https://www.********.com/f/suzanne-morphew

I'd imagine that the gimme funds can and will be used for someone's defense if charged -- if it comes to that point ?
Afaik; there is no way to hold anyone accountable for how funds are used.

The contributors can request for receipts, etc.
But they can be denied, correct ?
Imo.

I have seen no evidence, the search party may have only consisted of BM and the guy who did “400 tours in IRAQ” ... who was obviously an exceptional human being that needed no other assistance with that kind of resume. Moo.

BBM:

Is BM's friend who knows more about this stuff than anybody named John J. Rambo, by any chance?

Because if so, I don't doubt at all that he could have covered that 200-mile radius single-handed!

I've seen all his movies.

Guy's unbelievable.

JMO.

Last edited:
Not really any 1st amendment protection for slander/libel/defamation. This is why I would not claim someone committed a heinous crime until they are actually convicted of it, but that's how I roll.

So the family of the missing person, including the spouse actually did put forth significant search efforts? There seem to be claims that nothing, or not enough, has been done by the family of the missing person. IMO the family was very active in search efforts early on.

Hmm. It still seems my post was unclear.

Sorta like CW, whole family missing but what the hey.
What kind of mentality imagines that first, you can get away with it and second, that the person won’t be missed?
I mean how can anyone get to that point in their mind?
I would think you would have to have a HUGE EGO to believe that in this day and age.
Of course, this opinion is based on IF you believe that BM premeditated the murder, and I’m still on the fence as to whether it was planned or not.
I can’t get past my initial thought that he planned it - so many things seem “set up” for that particular weekend, and I’m not a big believer in coincidence.

What kind of mentality imagines that first, you can get away with it and second, that the person won’t be missed?
I would think you would have to have a HUGE EGO to believe that in this day and age.
Of course, this opinion is based on IF you believe that BM premeditated the murder, and I’m still on the fence as to whether it was planned or not.
I can’t get past my initial thought that he planned it - so many things seem “set up” for that particular weekend, and I’m not a big believer in coincidence.
FWIW, I’m leaning towards premeditated. I agree with too much coincidence. MOO.

I'd imagine that the gimme funds can and will be used for someone's defense if charged -- if it comes to that point ?
Afaik; there is no way to hold anyone accountable for how funds are used.

The contributors can request for receipts, etc.
But they can be denied, correct ?
Imo.

I apologize...I don’t know the rules of the gimme fund. I’ll check it out.

IF, it was premeditated, then the why may be the key. The motive. MOO.

Right, Barry. Great point. I hadn't consider this.
I'm in the unpremeditated camp, sudden loss of temper over something that didn't please his ego. So I haven't thought much about a motive.

But if it was premeditated, there has to be a very important reason, motive. And I'd think that LE could figure out what it is. Like the PE guys say, first you ask 'why' not 'how'.
Moo

Without any real details, all signs point to finances.
Agree, that is a strong contender. I seesaw with it. While it may be premeditated, it has a look and feel of “this person has to go, and now” - with all the risk that would entail. Another female, maybe? Like some others, I feel this would have surfaced by now. The motive is a puzzler at the moment, MOO.

I too struggle with this (rage or planned) I’ve thought, and mentioned before, that the girls may have kept him in check and- well -with them being gone ....
JMO

Right, Barry. Great point. I hadn't consider this.
I'm in the unpremeditated camp, sudden loss of temper over something that didn't please his ego. So I haven't thought much about a motive.

But if it was premeditated, there has to be a very important reason, motive. And I'd think that LE could figure out what it is. Like the PE guys say, first you ask 'why' not 'how'.
Moo
Along that line, LE may already know what it is. Either way, I hope they’re close.

I apologize...I don’t know the rules of the gimme fund. I’ll check it out.
I think the OP was agreeing with you @Error505 regarding no updates of these “Family searches“ nor the funding of same Searches On their FB or the funding page- While an accounting may be promised by the organizer unless there is obvious wrongdoing and it’s reported To the company sponsoring these fundraising efforts, the money is used as the organizer sees fit - I do believe one of our members searched the rules and did discover you aren’t supposed to use them for criminal defense but how would anyone know? The defense attorneys I know charge $50k retainer for a simple charge and can go to $200k for a wealthy person charged with a more serious offense
JMO

Ita.

Not to mention there hasn't been a photo or even brief description of -- "...a bunch of teams out...scouring every hill...every creek...taxing up and down these hills...".
No witnesses or pics of the search effort on the "Find Suzanne M." FB pages.
Nothing . What was he doing ? Imo.

RSBM

Attributed to Trevor…who may or may not have even been there.

“Every morning early, we’ve been gathering and creating a game plan, and we just sent a bunch of teams out. We have our biggest crew yet today going out. Again. We’re working all day from when the sun comes up til the sun comes down, scouring every hill, every creek , every watershed looking for our beloved family member’

Hmmm…Clearly sounds like Barry speak to me.

And the next line should have been….I'd climb every mountain, And swim every ocean, Just to be with you, And fix what I've broken

Yet not one single picture of these massive family searches not even on their own FB page so I personally do not believe this story
JMO
Eta - while I helped compile the media thread I may have missed the media coverage of these family searches? Maybe @Seattle1 can refresh my memory?
Beats me on the lack of posting. Maybe a distraught family who is searching and exhausted does not find taking photos and selfies top priority. MOO, I think the documenting is the job of the media. Maybe it’s a small town thing, but I’ve not been totally thrilled with the early media coverage.

Last edited:
Beats me on the lack of posting. Maybe a distraught family who is searching and exhausted does not find taking photos and selfies top priority. a MOO, I think the documenting is the job of the media. Maybe it’s a small town thing, but I’ve not been totally thrilled with the early media coverage.
That could be - except that the point of searching and publicizing those searches is you get the public on board to help - it’s been that way on every single case I’ve followed and I’ve been around a long time and followed a lot of local cases and personally searched with Texas Equasearch and others Locally in addition to following many missing person cases on WS - the publicity is so important and it just wasn’t there IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BISHWHETT