Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier someone was hoping the DA would be aggressive about bringing this to trial and in general I agree with that thinking but I would also be concerned that the case was solid enough because there is only one shot at it so reasonable doubt could play a huge role and we still don’t know if Suzanne is missing due to one person or multiple people.
No, we do not know if SM’s disappearance was caused by more than 1 person. But I don’t think that any charges will be brought against anyone if investigators do not feel there is a solid case. They are obviously needing more information or evidence, otherwise an arrest warrant would have been issued.

I wonder if BM had already rented his condo at time SM went missing? Surely, LE would know and if so, have checked/search there too. What made me think of that, was maybe he had disposed of some cleaning items in that dumpster at the market and he wanted to see if they were still there. Just a thought and JMO

...They are obviously needing more information or evidence, otherwise an arrest warrant would have been issued.
But 99% of websleuthers are convinced and we don’t even know half of what LE knows. I don’t think BM and his attorney are going to be able to create enough doubt, but maybe I’m missing something. What’s BM got for a jury that he hasn’t shown us already?

JMO

This inre to multiple posts, IIRC, the note was written on a crumpled piece of paper, probably did come from the trash can, and I think someone referred to raccoons dumpster diving, theres a tv commercial doing that and it is funny...
JMO we’ve sleuthed BM from the guilty POV, would be interesting to revisit some events with innocent POV, but that can wait I guess on an arrest.
I keep thinking, would a guilty person do this? No, they would choose every word or action, carefully because if her body IS found, their every action will be reviewed, etc.
Then I ask, would an innocent man do this?
I’m answering yes, multiple times. Because they are confidant that truth will come out, and it will exonerate them.
BM continues to react to events, like a ship without a rudder.
So are you thinking he is guilty or innocent? (Sorry, i'm having a hard time following.)

Personally, I don't find him looking in the trash a problem, only if it the only one he looked in.
I hope that I would challenge myself to look for clues in every dumpster and trash I possibly could, methodically going down all streets and the access highways both sides.

I do find him not having a flyer to hand out a problem.
Even if he is unable to make one, a daughter or friend could generate one for him
Heck, he could have had his employees making fliers. Goodness knows he didn't have any construction work for them to do!

But 99% of websleuthers are convinced and we don’t even know half of what LE knows. I don’t think BM and his attorney are going to be able to create enough doubt, but maybe I’m missing something. What’s BM got for a jury that he hasn’t shown us already?

JMO
I’m sorry. I wish I knew. I keep thinking LE must have the GPS data, cell phone data, misleading statements, statements recently from coworkers that question his actions. I wish I could get inside their heads. I don’t think this case will go cold. But IMO more people that have knowledge of any relationship issues need to come forward.

As I recall (I could be mistaken), the footage was erased after 14 days. They had called in the tip, it was all over SM, but no one came in the 14 day window. I am unsure if anyone ever came-I feel like they did but I’d be lying if I said for sure.

Any chance LE actually DOES have video from Poncha Springs Market, but the manager was asked not to reveal that information publicly?

No, we do not know if SM’s disappearance was caused by more than 1 person. But I don’t think that any charges will be brought against anyone if investigators do not feel there is a solid case. They are obviously needing more information or evidence, otherwise an arrest warrant would have been issued.
Waiting to find body or SM whereabouts.

From MG's interview with LS:

04:03
barry had left some tools behind in a
04:06
hotel cart
looked like it very emptied out his
04:08
truck bed is what it looked like

After BM emptied out his truck bed (not toolbox) at the HIE, his next stop was probably at a carwash trying to obliterate any remaining evidence in the bed of his truck. Maybe he spent part of Sunday cleaning his truck while he was waiting for "the call". It would be interesting to know exactly what tools were left in the hotel room and if they were contaminated concealing Suzanne's body or by bodily fluids that leaked or spilled in the back of the truck?

MOO

ETA a missing word

Last edited:
Any chance LE actually DOES have video from Poncha Springs Market, but the manager was asked not to reveal that information publicly?
I really don’t think so. It’s not like it is video that’s going to break the case or anything, so it’s not big enough for that manager to lie about.

I take that at face value.

Waiting to find body or SM whereabouts.
I agree. It would be ideal to find SM because once an arrest is made the clock starts ticking.

The DA/LE needs proof that SM is in fact deceased. While I believe that LE has circumstantial evidence, they may not have enough, at this time, to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she is in fact deceased. Passage of time can help if there is no direct evidence, but I truly believe LE is hard at work preparing just in case this turns into a no body case.

As many of our wonderful lawyers have stated, “you only get one bite at the apple” I don’t mind waiting as long as it takes to get that whole apple consumed.
JMO.

I’m sorry. I wish I knew. I keep thinking LE must have the GPS data, cell phone data, misleading statements, statements recently from coworkers that question his actions. I wish I could get inside their heads. I don’t think this case will go cold. But IMO more people that have knowledge of any relationship issues need to come forward.

Bringing this case in front of a jury will be really, really tough. They need just one sympathetic juror to let him walk free. I would rather they take their time and get it right. This is my first websleuther case, and I have a much greater appreciation of the difference between knowing what happened and proving it.

I have been researching this, and to the best of my knowledge SM phone has never been found. That alone makes me more certain that SM did not leave the house alive. BM appears to have the gift of bilocation. If he committed the crime, he had a really short window of time to do so and coverup. IMO there was another party involved also.

From MG's interview with LS:

04:03
barry had left some tools behind in a
hotel cart
looked like it very emptied out his
04:08
truck bed is what it looked like

After BM emptied out his truck bed (not toolbox) at the HIE, his next stop was probably at a carwash trying to obliterate any remaining evidence in the bed of his truck. Maybe he spent part of Sunday cleaning his truck while he was waiting for "the call". It would be interesting to know exactly what tools were left in the hotel room and if they were contaminated concealing Suzanne's body or by bodily fluids that leaked or spilled in the back of the truck?

MOO

ETA a missing word
As I mentioned in a previous post, maybe he had to clean those tools in bleach water bathtub, dry them with towels? MOO

I pray LE has eyes on BM’s every move.

Whether he is currently hunting or about to go hunting in the coming days, I wonder who is supposed to join him? Don’t hunters usually go in groups?

Also, I wonder if he isn’t positioning himself from a cliff top to keep an eye on the search efforts and the location of where he could have put her body.

Either way, who in their right mind can even justify a hunting trip during the time a massive search for your missing wife is about to ensue? That is very telling! His actions just keep him in the spotlight.
If he indeed planned a hunting trip, maybe it was to move a body? MOO

Would it be crazy to start a public "go fund me" fund with proceeds to go to the individual who provides information leading to the recovery of Suzanne Morphew, dead or alive. Since BM hasnt designated any of his money this? Not sure how to do this or who would manage the money, but it seems that maybe law enforcement could.

IMO on Saturday after leaving the jobsite, BM's time was spent acquiring supplies, doing the unthinkable, going back to town to acquire additional supplies, contacting JP and laying the groundwork for an alibi. Returning home to clean and stage the interior, refine his plan for disposition, check her social media, stage the bike and any other clues, travel to the Salida work site, conceal Suzanne under cover of darkness. Return home, shower, tie up any loose ends and get on the road for Broomfield.

In Broomfield, did some prep work for the job, removed and possibly washed tools from the bed of his truck. Called MG instructed her to gather a work crew and travel to Broomfield. Then maybe he drove around disposing of the materials used to clean up the house. There were probably towels, rags, paper towels, brushes, scrubbing sponges, empty containers from cleansers, bleach, anything used for cleaning and anything that may have been contaminated with bodily fluids or splashed by bleach like his clothes, shoes or home furnishings.

Decontaminated the truck at the carwash (did he have it detailed?), then maybe a bite to eat, a chlorine shower and a nap while he waited for "the call" to come in and then it was go time.

MOO

Hello All, sorry I haven’t contributed lately. Have been off the grid on a long planned road trip. Due to COVID, most accommodations are backwoods cabins with no cell service or internet. When I do manage to get online, it’s mostly to check mail, messages, and to pay bills. Then, if I am lucky, I try to catch up with this case. I can’t believe how much new info has come out in the last couple of weeks. I dared not make any comments until I read all the threads. To keep myself occupied, I fiddled with the timeline of just Saturday and Sunday, May 9th and 10th. I did this based on the facts that we have as of now from LE and MSM. Because my background is in Intelligence and analysis, it is always easier for me to “see” a timeline in black and white so I can visualize how things happen chronologically and to also see where there are holes that need to be plugged. When I started out, we used to draw these out by hand. Now you just have to plug in the data and the computer draws it for you.

Saturday 5/9/20

A.M.:
BM & MG at Salida Dig Site (see below) working on the beach area

11:00 a.m.:
BM tells MG to go home. He tells her he has to go home to make wife “happy” and take her hiking or biking. It is not known how long BM stayed at the site after MG left.

12:30 p.m. :
SM is talking with BFF on a message app or FB when suddenly she stops replying.

Afternoon, exact time unknown:
BM contacts JP and hires him for a Bloomfield job on Sunday. According to JP, this was an in person meeting.
MG states that BM was seen shopping around town. Unverified

11:30 p.m.:
A neighbor of a home being built in Salida hears heavy machinery running for about a half hour. BM has been hired to do prep work for a foundation pour at this site. According to MG, he is also prepping the “beach area”. This is where BM and MG were working on Saturday morning.

Sunday 5/10/20

5:00 a.m.:
BM allegedly leaves SM sleeping and heads to a job in Bloomfield, CO approximately 3 hours from his home in Maysville. The job allegedly consists of a repair to a wall that BM had completed the previous September and that had structural problems.

A.M. Exact time unknown:
BM checks into the HIE in Bloomfield.
According to MG, BM contacts her and asks her to get a crew together to head to Broomfield for the job. MG stated that BM sounded like he had the worst night of his life. ?

5:46 p.m.:
SM is reported missing by a neighbor. SM’s daughters allegedly contacted her and said they were worried because they hadn’t been able to reach their mother. Exact details are unclear, but neighbor checked the house and did not find SM but noted her car was there. According to BM in his TD interview, the neighbor then contacted him and he asked her to go back and check if her bike was there. The neighbor checked, returned home, and called BM on her landline and told him the bike was gone. BM asked her to call LE.

Approximately 6:00 p.m.:
BM started home to Maysville.

After 6:00 exact time unknown:
JP, MG, and a third worker arrived at the HIE in Broomfield. It is not clear if all 3 travelled together. JP and MG both report that there was an intense smell of chlorine in the room and several wet towels on the floor. JP stated that it looked like someone had laid down on the bed, on top of the bedspread. MG stated that the bed looked like it had been slept in and remade.

BM let workers know that he had left for a family emergency and that they were on their own. Workers allegedly found some of BM’s tools in a “hotel cart”. MG stated they looked like a bunch of tools from the back of BM’s truck. Both JP and MG indicated they had neither the correct tools nor the materials to do the job.

Approximately 6:00 p.m.:
LE arrives at the Morphew home where they are met by the neighbor who reportedly told them that SM had not returned from a bike ride.

LE begins a search.

Sometime before 9:00 p.m. :
LE allegedly finds SM’s bike down a hill about a quarter of a mile from her home. (Never verified by LE). There is no sign of SM. The Morphew home is allegedly sealed off.

Approximately 9:00 p.m.:
BM arrives home.

Would be interested in seeing if anyone has any corrections or additions they’d like to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member