Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t think so. It’s not like it is video that’s going to break the case or anything, so it’s not big enough for that manager to lie about.

I take that at face value.

Good point and makes sense. But BM digging through the trash after the market was closed seems odd, at best.

In the Crystal McDowell case, they caught her ex on tape hiding evidence in the trash at a gas station. Also in the Wolfe sisters’ murder, Allen Wade was taped throwing something in the trash. Both ended up to be significant to the case.

Masonry Certification

Building Division Home Page | City and County of Broomfield - Official Website

retaining wall policy.....

Retaining wall policy

IMO There would have to be a "invoice" for delivery of brick documented from a masonry supply house or a internal work order from the general contractor who could also deliver the bricks. The bricks must match the wall , and I would think the wall specifications would require an inspection -both on initial install-and especially any repair made. If this was state money used to construct this wall near some highway to my understanding- this repair would not even be allowed -( putting workers on state property with traffic a concern) without documented liability and documented workers comp.
I think a "performance bond" needs to be put up, based on the cost of the "wall job" guaranteeing it will be done right. If the wall indeed failed under warranty- why call back a contractor to repair a wall he screwed up and wait so long for him to find time when contractor could easily Tap the performance bond money and hire a reputable masonry contractor . Could it be because inspection was not proper and that current sub-contractor knew it and they had to wait for him to repair it or get their methods exposed? Does't add up so far.
That said we turn to the laying of the brick. Bricklaying is a apprenticable trade, and I wonder how the usual suspect was initially qualified to erect a wall based on what we have learned about his degree.
Again, why call the initial wall erector back to fix when the bond could be tapped to correct his "crooked wall" Who was the "journeyman bricklayer" Morgan? Cassidy?- was it Puckett - a new hire? If Pruitt was not a journeyman bricklayer- why him? And why meet and hire him in person on Sat ( I believe i just read) Or was Puckett with the usual suspect to do other on Sat if they indeed met in person ? Lastly not sure if Morgan found Pruitt or not. If any of my suspicions pan out- you can bet L.E. knows the wall "thingy" is b.s.-imo Motown

°BM fires MG

Last edited:
Masonry Certification

Retaining wall policy

IMO There would have to be a "invoice" for delivery of brick documented from a masonry supply house or a internal work order from the general contractor who could also deliver the bricks. The bricks must match the wall , and I would think the wall specifications would require an inspection -both on initial install-and especially any repair made. If this was state money used to construct this wall near some highway to my understanding- this repair would not even be allowed -( putting workers on state property with traffic a concern) without documented liability and documented workers comp.
I think a "performance bond" needs to be put up, based on the cost of the "wall job" guaranteeing it will be done right. If the wall indeed failed under warranty- why call back a contractor to repair a wall he screwed up and wait so long for him to find time when contractor could easily Tap the performance bond money and hire a reputable masonry contractor . Could it be because inspection was not proper and that current sub-contractor knew it and they had to wait for him to repair it or get their methods exposed? Does't add up so far.
That said we turn to the laying of the brick. Bricklaying is a apprenticable trade, and I wonder how the usual suspect was initially qualified to erect a wall based on what we have learned about his degree.
Again, why call the initial wall erector back to fix when the bond could be tapped to correct his "crooked wall" Who was the "journeyman bricklayer" Morgan? Cassidy?- was it Pruitt - a new hire? If Pruitt was not a journeyman bricklayer- why him? And why meet and hire him in person on Sat ( I believe i just read) Or was Pruitt with the usual suspect to do other on Sat if they indeed met in person ? Lastly not sure if Morgan found Pruitt or not. If any of my suspicions pan out- you can bet L.E. knows the wall "thingy" is b.s.-imo Motown

°BM fires MG
I'm not sure if BM did public work or not. It seems most of his jobs were private so maybe the wall was just near the interstate as opposed to "on" the interstate. Either way I would think there would be permits and paperwork involved.

The man BM hired is Pucket, I think, if you are referring to JP.

We don't know if it was BM who had the choice as to when to fix the wall or whoever hired him to do the work.

It could be that BM himself only found out on Saturday, and he had to rush to get to get a crew and supplies at the last minute. That might explain why nothing was done and there were no materials there. He may have been busy doing other things for 8 or 9 hours.

Masonry Certification

Retaining wall policy

Again, why call the initial wall erector back to fix when the bond could be tapped to correct his "crooked wall" Who was the "journeyman bricklayer" Morgan? Cassidy?- was it Pruitt - a new hire? If Pruitt was not a journeyman bricklayer- why him? And why meet and hire him in person on Sat ( I believe i just read) Or was Pruitt with the usual suspect to do other on Sat if they indeed met in person ? Lastly not sure if Morgan found Pruitt or not. If any of my suspicions pan out- you can bet L.E. knows the wall "thingy" is b.s.-imo Motown

°BM fires MG
The nearest Home Depot or Lowe’s could have been where BM had ordered a delivery from as well.
From it’s last minute weekend rescheduling and adding JP to the lack of planning materials it doesn’t sound like a very big wall if a landscape contractor got the job

You’re absolutely right, @MassGuy. First reports stated she had been texting into early evening with her friend. If that were the case, it may even point towards premeditation since he sought out JP for the Broomfield job Saturday afternoon. Setting up an alibi?
Then there’s the later “unusual texts”. Those I do think were Barry’s; making believe he was Suzanne.
A lot has been discussed concerning the texts/messages and the sudden cutoff. Some folks theorize that he wouldn’t kill her in the middle of a conversation, but what if she had gotten up to make a cup of coffee or gone to the bathroom while waiting for a reply herself. BM may have confronted her not realizing she was mid conversation. Later, when he was cleaning up and saw her phone and saw her bff sending repeated messages, he figured he needed to try and reply. MOO, of course.
Of course if it was her texting until 8:00 or so that night, that’s a really tight timeline for him to do what he needs to do.

Nice to see you back :)
It was said (and of course now I can't recall which interview it was, but it's been posted) that the activity described coming from SM's social media profile that was "out of character" was that around midnight Saturday, she sent out several friend requests to people AM knew, and/or went to school with in IN.

@OldCop nice to see you back!!

I wanted to add this to your time. All from MG interview:

°Tuesday morning MG and crew came back to Salida, after waiting for bricks that never arrived.

°Tuesday, two days after SM became missing 2 men approach her, one a friend of Barry's, and one a family member.

°MG hadn't been paid yet. These 2 men talk to her about her check, hush money and the right she has not to turn over her phone. (And whatever else they talked about).

°MG turns her phone over to LE

°BM fires MG

I don't recall seeing anywhere that it was Tuesday that MG was approached by BM's friend and relative or that this is when she handed her phone over to CBI . Do you have a link for that?

I'm not sure if BM did public work or not. It seems most of his jobs were private so maybe the wall was just near the interstate as opposed to "on" the interstate. Either way I would think there would be permits and paperwork involved.

The man BM hired is Pucket, I think, if you are referring to JP.

We don't know if it was BM who had the choice as to when to fix the wall or whoever hired him to do the work.

It could be that BM himself only found out on Saturday, and he had to rush to get to get a crew and supplies at the last minute. That might explain why nothing was done and there were no materials there. He may have been busy doing other things for 8 or 9 hours.

How tall was the wall? somebody had photos?

Subject: Retaining wall policy

Date: 7/13/2018

Definition: Retaining wall is a structure that holds back soil and creates a separation of grade or impounds a flammable liquid.

Retaining walls that are not over 3 feet in height measured from the bottom of the footing to top of the wall will not require a permit unless supporting a surcharge or impounding flammable liquids. Retaining walls adjacent to an elevated driveway or concrete walkway, in commercial use case by case, will require a building permit and stamped engineered plans. Retaining walls at sidewalks for residential less than 3 feet would not require an engineer.

Landscape retaining walls less than or equal to 4 feet will not require a stamped engineer.

Retaining walls greater than 4 feet will require a stamped Colorado Engineer.

The Broomfield wall policy dictates if a permit is required ( any wall over 3 ft high. could be 4- link provided) Colorado requires no state general contractors license- they lazily leave it to the municipality. I can find no "license " verification option on Broomfields page. Not surprised - reminds me of Tennessee- only a electrical license and builder license required or even offered to build a vacation cabin or anything there. -Praying for the search and it's people. imo

Last edited:
Bringing this case in front of a jury will be really, really tough. They need just one sympathetic juror to let him walk free. I would rather they take their time and get it right. This is my first websleuther case, and I have a much greater appreciation of the difference between knowing what happened and proving it.
If it can’t be proven, and we weren’t there, do we really know what happened?
Most of the informed spectators are not just sure, they’re certain.
IMO

Citizen Access
found this link for permit and license search Broomfield . Both a business license and a contractors license is required to commence work in Broomfield. If the wall was over 3 ft tall a permit is required and maybe a stamp from a engineer as well as a inspection approval.. I am missing some criteria such as the usual suspects company name ....as well as the address of the wall to try a 2nd way....and the wall owners name to try searching a 3rd way...If somebody has the address of the wall or the name of the owner of the wall - or the usual suspects business name....maybe ...just maybe they can type in the and a permit should pop up-why ? this page is only offered to public because of some some kind of open records requirement....That said Capone went to jail for tax evasion...maybe the usual suspect can and his enabling customer can be checked out for pulling permits and working without registering a business license and a contractors license in Broomfield. "click on public access" top left to enter . Praying for the search and it's members -Motown

All MOO. My suspicion is BM but what was the motive? Childhood sweethearts, no history of domestic violence, no evidence ,of an affair ( yet).., he snapped? Children are grown, Why? money problems? Insurance after declaring her dead?
This case looks like who ever made her dissapear will get away with it unless she is found.

All MOO. My suspicion is BM but what was the motive? Childhood sweethearts, no history of domestic violence, no evidence ,of an affair ( yet).., he snapped? Children are grown, Why? money problems? Insurance after declaring her dead?
This case looks like who ever made her dissapear will get away with it unless she is found.
MOO A body per se isn't going to add a lot of specific evidence, but it will prove she is in fact dead, not missing.

My main theory is simple. They were having some sort of strife in the marriage, Suzanne may have told him she wanted to leave and go back to Indiana. We all know the most dangerous time for a woman is when she tries to leave.

Whatever was going on was building that week since the girls were not home and culminated Saturday afternoon, it ended with Suzanne's death. Everything after that is cover-up.

Hello All, sorry I haven’t contributed lately. Have been off the grid on a long planned road trip. Due to COVID, most accommodations are backwoods cabins with no cell service or internet. When I do manage to get online, it’s mostly to check mail, messages, and to pay bills. Then, if I am lucky, I try to catch up with this case. I can’t believe how much new info has come out in the last couple of weeks. I dared not make any comments until I read all the threads. To keep myself occupied, I fiddled with the timeline of just Saturday and Sunday, May 9th and 10th. I did this based on the facts that we have as of now from LE and MSM. Because my background is in Intelligence and analysis, it is always easier for me to “see” a timeline in black and white so I can visualize how things happen chronologically and to also see where there are holes that need to be plugged. When I started out, we used to draw these out by hand. Now you just have to plug in the data and the computer draws it for you.

Saturday 5/9/20

A.M.:
BM & MG at Salida Dig Site (see below) working on the beach area

11:00 a.m.:
BM tells MG to go home. He tells her he has to go home to make wife “happy” and take her hiking or biking. It is not known how long BM stayed at the site after MG left.

12:30 p.m. :
SM is talking with BFF on a message app or FB when suddenly she stops replying.

Afternoon, exact time unknown:
BM contacts JP and hires him for a Bloomfield job on Sunday. According to JP, this was an in person meeting.
MG states that BM was seen shopping around town. Unverified

11:30 p.m.:
A neighbor of a home being built in Salida hears heavy machinery running for about a half hour. BM has been hired to do prep work for a foundation pour at this site. According to MG, he is also prepping the “beach area”. This is where BM and MG were working on Saturday morning.

Sunday 5/10/20

5:00 a.m.:
BM allegedly leaves SM sleeping and heads to a job in Bloomfield, CO approximately 3 hours from his home in Maysville. The job allegedly consists of a repair to a wall that BM had completed the previous September and that had structural problems.

A.M. Exact time unknown:
BM checks into the HIE in Bloomfield.
According to MG, BM contacts her and asks her to get a crew together to head to Broomfield for the job. MG stated that BM sounded like he had the worst night of his life. ?

5:46 p.m.:
SM is reported missing by a neighbor. SM’s daughters allegedly contacted her and said they were worried because they hadn’t been able to reach their mother. Exact details are unclear, but neighbor checked the house and did not find SM but noted her car was there. According to BM in his TD interview, the neighbor then contacted him and he asked her to go back and check if her bike was there. The neighbor checked, returned home, and called BM on her landline and told him the bike was gone. BM asked her to call LE.

Approximately 6:00 p.m.:
BM started home to Maysville.

After 6:00 exact time unknown:
JP, MG, and a third worker arrived at the HIE in Broomfield. It is not clear if all 3 travelled together. JP and MG both report that there was an intense smell of chlorine in the room and several wet towels on the floor. JP stated that it looked like someone had laid down on the bed, on top of the bedspread. MG stated that the bed looked like it had been slept in and remade.

BM let workers know that he had left for a family emergency and that they were on their own. Workers allegedly found some of BM’s tools in a “hotel cart”. MG stated they looked like a bunch of tools from the back of BM’s truck. Both JP and MG indicated they had neither the correct tools nor the materials to do the job.

Approximately 6:00 p.m.:
LE arrives at the Morphew home where they are met by the neighbor who reportedly told them that SM had not returned from a bike ride.

LE begins a search.

Sometime before 9:00 p.m. :
LE allegedly finds SM’s bike down a hill about a quarter of a mile from her home. (Never verified by LE). There is no sign of SM. The Morphew home is allegedly sealed off.

Approximately 9:00 p.m.:
BM arrives home.

Would be interested in seeing if anyone has any corrections or additions they’d like to add.

Adding Friday to the timeline.

Barry had worked on the beach site Friday evening,” which was May 8, Gentile told the news station. “Saturday, he had asked me to clean it up and rake it out, because we were going to bring it out to level – so it would be a beach sand and not muck.”
Former employee of Suzanne Morphew hubby “WE DID NOT HAVE AN AFFAIR!”

Thanks @OldCop, that timeline makes it a lot easier to theorize how this all went down. Jumping off of this:

I think something that we all need to be careful of is that 12:30 last text. I think we’ve all based our theories around that being accurate.

We don’t know where Andy got this information from though, and unless it’s from Suzanne’s friend herself, I think it’s a good idea not to take this as fact.

Just imagine what our theories would look like if that time (or day) moved.

BBM:

Absolutely. I don't think we can assume that 12:30 time is accurate.

The time of that final text has already been revised once…Chris from PE initially characterized that last communication as coming from SM on the "evening" of Saturday, May 9th.

Nobody considers 12:30 in the afternoon, "evening."

LE has been very careful not to disclose anything with regard to the times SM was last seen or heard from.
I don't think LE has shared that with anyone, not even SM's family members, so it would have had to come from whoever SM was texting with that day.

That person SM last communicated with is unquestionably cooperating fully with LE, as evidenced by her absolute silence regarding SM's disappearance, and her complete anonymity, i.e., not once has she been named in MSM.

I think she and LE are the only people who know what communication SM had with her that day and when those texts occurred.

There's a reason LE asked people in the area to preserve their footage from May 8th - May 12th.

They're giving BM as much rope as possible with which to hang himself with his lies.

MG told LS that BM rounded her up and took her out to that Salida dig site on the morning of Saturday, May 9th.

We need to back our timeline up to May 8th and see if we can account for SM at all on that day.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member