Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course it was, the ONLY prescription I'm on regularly

Pls check out the side effects if you are not already aware...they put my 3 yr old son on it without any warnings or prescribing information....GRRR...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/31/covid-monoclonal-antibodies-unused/

Hopefully you can read this as I posted incognito: if this doesn't get your dander up, nothing will. Regeneron and the other monoclonal antibody treatment is GOING UNUSED-- Read this and weep: one reason stated is that there is controversy over whether it works or not. Well, they certainly didn't hesitate to use it on Trump, Guiliani, Christie, et al. This is a freaking disgrace.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/31/covid-monoclonal-antibodies-unused/

Hopefully you can read this as I posted incognito: if this doesn't get your dander up, nothing will. Regeneron and the other monoclonal antibody treatment is GOING UNUSED-- Read this and weep: one reason stated is that there is controversy over whether it works or not. Well, they certainly didn't hesitate to use it on Trump, Guiliani, Christie, et al. This is a freaking disgrace.

phooey it won't come up: i will try to find it elsewhere ----

Seattle public health officials have so little COVID-19 funding on hand they worry they will have to shut down some virus testing sites as they mount a campaign to dose their 2.3 million residents with Pfizer Inc’s and Moderna Inc’s vaccines.

King County, which represents greater Seattle, has $14 million of COVID-19 funding for 2021, roughly what it spends in a month to run public testing sites and other services, and a fraction of the $87 million emergency COVID-19 aid it received in 2020, said Ingrid Ulrey, the public health policy director for King County.

“We’ve been on pins and needles the whole last three or four months, watching what’s happening at the federal level, waiting, watching,” she said. When newly approved federal funds finally trickle down to her level, she expects them to be less than this year, insufficient and too late.

“It’s shockingly low,” she added. “We have a huge new, unprecedented, daunting task of vaccine delivery.” King County is at risk of being unable to hire the up to 40 additional nurses and administrators needed to begin the next wave of public vaccinations.
Local funding crisis threatens U.S. vaccine rollout

This reflects massive failure by the present administration who is failing to utilize the federal government. Hopefully the new administration will utilize the federal government with this massive undertaking to get vaccinations into people's arms.

Something about a teacher’s death makes me especially sad. They show up every day to an especially important job, teaching and encouraging our children. Most teachers having a certain calling to enter the profession. They are natural helpers. While I realize we don’t know how or where he caught the virus, being in a school setting is not conducive for staying well. It is a hard balance, serving children in the best possible way vs. being safe. I’m rambling but it breaks my heart to read about a 51 yo husband, father and teacher‘s death.

Thank you for posting. I just said a prayer for his family, friends and students.

WKRG | Another Milton High School coach dies from COVID-19

A Milton High School teacher and coach passed away Christmas Day at the age of 60 after getting COVID-19.

Jeff Larson was a football coach and science teacher at the school where he worked for more than two decades.
Joe Austin, the longtime track and field coach, died in July after battling the disease for months.

You'd think the first death would have cautioned the area enough, but no. Party on.

ETA: Meanwhile, one of my best friends has been at an ER in Pensacola for 12 hours or so, waiting for a bed. He's had a stroke, but the beds are full of COVID patients.

so sad :( made worse IMO that it just didn’t have to be this way. THIS bad.

I hope your friend gets admitted to a bed very soon.

WKRG | Another Milton High School coach dies from COVID-19

You'd think the first death would have cautioned the area enough, but no. Party on.

ETA: Meanwhile, one of my best friends has been at an ER in Pensacola for 12 hours or so, waiting for a bed. He's had a stroke, but the beds are full of COVID patients.

so sad :( made worse IMO that it just didn’t have to be this way. THIS bad.

I hope your friend gets admitted to a bed very soon.

Me too. In the last 10 minutes, my daughter-in-law told me that her best friend's husband's parents had them for Christmas without telling them they were COVID positive. Husband is now positive, wife doesn't have symptoms so she is waiting for slower test. She's pregnant, though, and works in NICU. I can't even.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. I was in an extremely abusive marriage and every day I think how awful it would be to be in a lockdown situation with my ex. Everyone is extra stressed and it ramps up abusers even more of course. There are just so many more ramifications than the obvious for keeping everyone safe. This is getting so depressing y’all!

Your message is so important. I have talked to/ or listened to a folks who said the same thing----What if? Folks who knew clearly how bad it could have been if they were still in such a relationship in Covid days.

So how many people are hiding what they are going through right now? I have felt, for quite a while, that we need much more specific PSAs for domestic violence, suicide, depression....

ha ha ha.... Watching Boris Johnson's presser---the guy doing the sign language looks like Macron-->then Trudeau--->Macron---. then... ha ha ha

On the more serious note, both PM Boris and Governor Gavin are discussing schools.... I hope that messaging regarding schools is very very strong and consistent across all the States if/when these variant strains stretch their ugly wings.

Also...listening to Johnson and Newsom talking to their constituencies ...do we realize it is almost 2 months since the election...with zero words on the pandemic from US leaders... whoa.?? Kinda blows me away...

Last edited:
Me too. In the last 10 minutes, my daughter-in-law told me that her best friend's husband's parents had them for Christmas without telling them they were COVID positive. Husband is now positive, wife doesn't have symptoms so she is waiting for slower test. She's pregnant, though, and works in NICU. I can't even.
Omg. Do these people think it’s funny or something to expose others?

Especially their own family?

To be that careless with other people’s lives and knowingly conceal they were positive.

They would become my exlaws because I could not trust them with my child.

THIS...is totally mind-blowing. My jaw literally dropped. My daughter saw me at the computer and saw my jaw drop and said "what's wrong???? really mindblowing.....

Hospital CEO's response to Black doctor's COVID-19 death prompts backlash
more at link

The president and CEO of an Indiana hospital has prompted backlash for releasing what medical professionals and health care advocates described as a "blame the victim" statement about a Black physician who died of COVID-19after alleging she was mistreated by a doctor and nurses at his medical facility because of the color of her skin.

In a press release, Indiana University Hospital president and CEO Dennis M. Murphy described Dr. Susan Moore as a "complex patient" and said that during her stay at the IU Health North facility in Carmel, Indiana, the nursing staff treating her for coronavirus "may have been intimidated by a knowledgeable patient who was using social media to voice her concerns and critique the care they were delivering."

I worked with this doctor several times four years ago. A very sad story. She was a great doctor.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...e-dies-from-covid-19-at-indiana-hospital/amp/

Dr. Susan Moore, who claims she was mistreated, dies from COVID-19 at Indiana hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname