Current Leads; Facts and Updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wait is seriously killing me.

Then you'll be in the ground before his DNA comes back if it's anything like Tammy's with almost a 4 month wait! 15 weeks & 1 day for DNA to be complete; then 17 weeks (a few days shy of 4 months!) for them to make the call that she was a match

Here is some of the history
11-20-2014, 09:18 PM #1641
IMO what's taking so long is that NCMEC most likely has to get their hands in this too since Tammy was a minor. They slowed down Helen Green's brothers sample too. We're not at 2 months just yet.

Carl posted about Tammy on 09-24-2014 08:21 PM Post #1482; then the forms were rushed to LE for Tammy's sister to sign 09-26-2014, 09:09 AM #1519 then on 9/29 DNA was rushed to UNT

09-24-2014, 08:21 PM #1481
BINGO!
I think this is Cali!!!

Tammy Jo Alexander

5707f71d-7803-40da-ae8c-708df94c2ae5.jpg
a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745.jpg

Just added to NamUs today.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/0

1/13/15 - 12:57PM DNA complete
Tammy Alexander's DNA test is now complete. I just checked her NamUs profile. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/21/ Now we wait... ahhhhh

01-26-2015, 07:11 AM #1752
This was just released in local media this morning! Cali Doe IS TAMMY! It's not the article that I expected but she has a name, thank you all for all your hard work. As a local, this is amazing to see. Now Justice for Tammy!
http://m.13wham.com/article?id=13780686
13 WHAM News

Caledonia, N.Y. - For 36 years, her death has remained a mystery.

The body of Jane Doe, a teenager, was discovered in a Livingston County cornfield on November 10, 1979.

Authorities have never determined who killed her and their investigation was further complicated because they could not determine who she was.

On Monday, the FBI and local authorities are expected to identify the body as Tammy Jo Alexander - a teenager who went missing from Brooksville, Florida in 1979.

13WHAM News has learned DNA results from a sister confirm the identity of the teenager. An exhaustive search that led investigators to look into more than 10,000 leads had fizzled until a friend of the victim contacted Florida authorities last year.

That person was a friend of Tammy Jo and unsure whether anyone had ever reported her missing.

That eventually gave authorities new leads in the case.

Jane Doe was found shot in the back of the head. Several serial killers have confessed to being involved in her death but the case remains unsolved.

13WHAM News will continue to bring you more information on this story as it becomes available. You can find it on 13WHAM News, on our mobile apps, and on 13wham.com.

No update as of yet!

Not too sure how many of you are interested, but we have now created a facebook group too: https://www.facebook.com/TheDoeSearch

This is full of members of the community from Reddit, and here, who were very active in the search for the identity of the Grateful Doe in the past few months. We're dedicating it, and the subreddit, to the ongoing investigation of UID cases around the world.

As I said, not too sure how many are interested but I thought I'd let you know if you are avid Facebook users! :)

:loveyou:

I just looked back at my database and notes. I had contacted police over 7 years ago asking if they would compare these. When you google the unidentified and missing dates it is obvious it is her. Never heard back from anyone. Pretty disappointing that this happens a lot to other cases as well. Could have been solved long ago. I'm sure that other people have clued them in on Tammy and this UID person before. She was like one of the only females to disappear the prior day. Same goes w Emma Vaugn and Princess Doe. I alerted the police 7 yrs ago....no replies.

Sorry, I was replying to something that someone said about Tammy, the once unidentified girl. Somehow those posts started coming into this column.

Discussion of "private" groups and "private" messages should remain off the board. It's highly rude to others, not to mention against the rules.

She just asked if I wanted to PM her so I said yes. If you read back, it is simply because I was originally posting in the wrong thread. I didn't want to continue a convo on the wrong thread. The PM was about various topics, not the topic previously discussed. If anyone else wants me to post in this thread about the random missing people I've been researching, then let me know. I will post it here instead. However, this is the thread about Jason Doe, correct? I was trying to make it better by going off this thread. She seemed interested in all the cases I was advocating for and researching. This thread is for just one case. If you really want to join in the convo, Bessie, you can, but I didn't suspect you'd want to hear it since it isn't related to thread.

Discussion of "private" groups and "private" messages should remain off the board. It's highly rude to others, not to mention against the rules.

My apologies Bessie, I worded that badly. I should have said, the minute a group of friends and I saw her photo we recognized her. The former sheriff from there has also stated that as soon as he saw her face, he knew her. I strongly believe that if he had seen her face 7 years ago, he would have known her then too.

She just asked if I wanted to PM her so I said yes. If you read back, it is simply because I was originally posting in the wrong thread. I didn't want to continue a convo on the wrong thread. The PM was about various topics, not the topic previously discussed. If anyone else wants me to post in this thread about the random missing people I've been researching, then let me know. I will post it here instead. However, this is the thread about Jason Doe, correct? I was trying to make it better by going off this thread. She seemed interested in all the cases I was advocating for and researching. This thread is for just one case. If you really want to join in the convo, Bessie, you can, but I didn't suspect you'd want to hear it since it isn't related to thread.

I am mostly interested in when & who you submitted Tammy to with Cali; That's why it was easier to PM because you're in the wrong thread lol.

I am mostly interested in when & who you submitted Tammy to with Cali; That's why it was easier to PM because you're in the wrong thread lol.
That's what I was trying to say to the person who said it is rude to discuss PM here. I had realized I was in the wrong thread. Someone a while ago started discussing Tammy's case here, sorry.

I talked to about five different people, all regarding females who went missing from 1976-1978 who fit the description of the unidentified girl at hand. I called the medical examiner's office and left a message with a secretary. Funny thing is, when I did that, I had originally asked to speak to the medical examiner personally bc I know how that works. They take your random tip and your note gets tossed. So that is why now I do NOT leave msg's with the secretaries. I'm going through this with yet another case now, in which I keep asking to talk to the ME and I'm told that he or she will just get the msg and will get back to me. I also called in several other missing people along with that list, a few others from Zabasearch who I didn't even see reported as missing.

There are many missing ppl on Zaba that aren't reported missing, who I make calls about, but I never hear back from anyone. This is my point...how do I assure the word is passed to the ME? I don't post too often on Websleuths, as I just do my own personal advocacy. But maybe you all can help me with other cases that I've been trying to reach the ME. I don't want the same thing to happen to others. There are other cases that are like pretty obvious it is the same person, and the examiners won't listen to my tips. That is what makes advocating so hard. You can only go so far and then you hit a peak in which the matter lies in the hands of those who have to hear your tip. It is up to them if they want to take your tip or not. Most of the tips I've given to authorities have fallen through the cracks.

That's what I was trying to say to the person who said it is rude to discuss PM here. I had realized I was in the wrong thread. Someone a while ago started discussing Tammy's case here, sorry.

I talked to about five different people, all regarding females who went missing from 1976-1978 who fit the description of the unidentified girl at hand. I called the medical examiner's office and left a message with a secretary. Funny thing is, when I did that, I had originally asked to speak to the medical examiner personally bc I know how that works. They take your random tip and your note gets tossed. So that is why now I do NOT leave msg's with the secretaries. I'm going through this with yet another case now, in which I keep asking to talk to the ME and I'm told that he or she will just get the msg and will get back to me. I also called in several other missing people along with that list, a few others from Zabasearch who I didn't even see reported as missing.

There are many missing ppl on Zaba that aren't reported missing, who I make calls about, but I never hear back from anyone. This is my point...how do I assure the word is passed to the ME? I don't post too often on Websleuths, as I just do my own personal advocacy. But maybe you all can help me with other cases that I've been trying to reach the ME. I don't want the same thing to happen to others. There are other cases that are like pretty obvious it is the same person, and the examiners won't listen to my tips. That is what makes advocating so hard. You can only go so far and then you hit a peak in which the matter lies in the hands of those who have to hear your tip. It is up to them if they want to take your tip or not. Most of the tips I've given to authorities have fallen through the cracks.

Here is Tammy's thread
Your best bet is to send a detailed email to the ME as well as NamUs

Wouldn't it be pointless to now contact the me? They already have the info of the match between Tammy and the unidentified girl. So that post on Zaba doesn't mean much now, right? I usually do send emails but most of the time I feel like a pest if they're ignored and I end up calling. So now I just draw my links, and I email once or call once and that's it. And I had the link to Tammy's thread, but others were discussing her here so I just replied. This will be my last post about it on this thread. Just wanted to post my reply to you here so you saw it.

Wouldn't it be pointless to now contact the me? They already have the info of the match between Tammy and the unidentified girl. So that post on Zaba doesn't mean much now, right? I usually do send emails but most of the time I feel like a pest if they're ignored and I end up calling. So now I just draw my links, and I email once or call once and that's it. And I had the link to Tammy's thread, but others were discussing her here so I just replied. This will be my last post about it on this thread. Just wanted to post my reply to you here so you saw it.

I'm not saying now; I mean with any you turn in

Bessie, why did you delete my post? I made no mention of private groups or anything. I just asked Tryingtoid if she was talking about Tammy Jo Alexander. Not angry, just trying to figure it out.

Any updates? I'm guessing it's been approximately two months now.

Any updates? I'm guessing it's been approximately two months now.

I asked Todd Matthews if he knew why it took Tammy's 4 months to come back; he told me that it could take up to 6 months to come back. Normally I've seen it take 2; but as NamUs grows; I guess it's taking longer.

Just wanted to share this picture, Michael Eric and Jason. They sure look alike!jj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname