Defense wants prosecutor Jeff Ashton held in contempt

Also....what came first, the chicken or the egg? I mean..errr...the lie that George molested Caylee and killed her in the pool that your client told the psychiatrists....or the lie at trial? Might be a little bit of an ethical problem if your client told ONE lie in an interview with a psychiatrist, and then...hmmmmmmm.....JB told another lie at trial. Somebody concocted that trial lie...was it JB and team, officers of the court, or Evil Casey??? One lie came before the other...so which lie did the DT rely on as "truth"???? You know, the truth as you know it to be, as officers of the court, are supposed to put forth in a court of law? Because as we all know, it is unethical for an attorney to lie in court. However, if he is relaying what his client told him to be the truth then that's another matter. But seems to me the psychiatrists' interviews show one lie that is A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT than the lie ... I mean defense theory....put forth in that courtroom.

What further prosecutions? I hate to say it, but I think Ashton could be in trouble here.

Oh I think Ashton's way too smart for that. No way he'd have gotten this far doing something that stupid, if it had a smidgeon of credibility. Mason is the king of complaint-motions. They all amount to a hill of beans, and that's not saying much for beans.

I believe the appeal will be heard based on what was presented at trial. It's that trial from which the conviction now being appealed arose. So even if the sealed depos were released I do not see how it could affect the appeal now before the appeals court.

I do not see a reason to keep the depos sealed anymore. It has gotten away with murder and cannot be retried no matter what comes out now. Usually court documents remain sealed after the fact to protect the innocent or to protect minors. "It" is neither.

What further prosecutions? I hate to say it, but I think Ashton could be in trouble here.

I don't think so. He received permission from the judge to reveal the contents of the documents providing that what he revealed was based on notes or memory. The permission was granted so that he could discuss the case progress with George and Cindy, but there were no restrictions stipulating when, how and why he could reveal the information as long as it was based on memory or notes.

Maybe it helps Ms Gonzales to know that there are documents containing more of Anthony's lies about what really happened.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...jeff-ashton-contempt-20111222,0,1945078.story

Defense wants Ashton to explain why he shouldn't be held in contempt for releasing information in sealed court files.

Anthony's defense attorney, Cheney Mason, filed the motion Wednesday. It asks Chief Judge Belvin Perry to compel Ashton to appear and tell the judge why he should not face contempt charges.
I wondered when this would happen...but I thought Ashton explained that this was kosher.
ETA: I guess the DT is pi$$ed that the OS requested the info.
ETA (again!): Sorry for the repeat, you guys beat me to it.

I believe the appeal will be heard based on what was presented at trial. It's that trial from which the conviction now being appealed arose. So even if the sealed depos were released I do not see how it could affect the appeal now before the appeals court.

I do not see a reason to keep the depos sealed anymore. It has gotten away with murder and cannot be retried no matter what comes out now. Usually court documents remain sealed after the fact to protect the innocent or to protect minors. "It" is neither.

"It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again."

I understood that the documents were sealed because they were too sensational and might impact jury selection ... that's long over, so there's no reason to keep them sealed.

I don't think so. He received permission from the judge to reveal the contents of the documents providing that what he revealed was based on notes or memory. The permission was granted so that he could discuss the case progress with George and Cindy, but there were no restrictions stipulating when, how and why he could reveal the information as long as it was based on memory or notes.

Maybe it helps Ms Gonzales to know that there are documents containing more of Anthony's lies about what really happened.

BBM

Ooooh! Or, RK! If, KC was telling these DR.s early on about the whole GA, pool, drowning, molesting scenario, then why did the DT trash RK for 3 years in the press? Excellent thought, otto!

BBM

Ooooh! Or, RK! If, KC was telling these DR.s early on about the whole GA, pool, drowning, molesting scenario, then why did the DT trash RK for 3 years in the press? Excellent thought, otto!

That's an interesting thought. If JB was trashing other people in order to cast suspicion on them during a murder investigation when he knew that Casey was accusing George, then most certainly those people should have a case of slander of some sort.

This is hilarious. I'm sure Jeff is just cracking up right now. Maybe the DT is finally getting the KARMA they deserve. They are just jealous because Jeff is making money off the "baby killer" and they are stuck supporting her for the rest of their lives. Jeff deserves every penny of it considering what he was put through during that trial. Talk about sore losers!

Carried over from the Sidebar thread

I try to muti quote what you had didn't work...

But to add I went to one of the book signings he even answered a question about the Dr. G sealed report. Said he could not comment and he was glad the skull pictures were sealed and should never be seen by the public. He even said never ever.

Me thinks ole Mason and CO. needs to be held in contempt.

I want to thank you all who are reading his book & commenting on the thread here at WS. I have yet to receive it (Santa's bringing it) and LOVE the thread!!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154723&highlight=Jeff+Asthon

I agree, DT & FKC believed THEY would make $$$ & Jeff beat them to it! Wait, and the Anthonys!

http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=...htonFull1116.flv&vtitle=Jeff Ashton Interview

^^^A must watch/listen to^^^!!
Karma at its finest! IMHO

Mason should step back and refocus on his reputation. At this point, it appears that he's completely obsessed with Casey Anthony and is willing to flush his reputation down the toilet in order to defend the rights of a woman that most view as a baby killer. Even Mason believes she's guilty ... why else would he have tried to arrange a plea deal. I have to wonder if Casey has cut him out of her will - distanced herself from him - after learning that he is responsible for trying to throw her under the bus (plea deal) and doubting her sanity. There has to be something in it for him to initiate this complaint.

agreed otto. I think his really spoiling his career and I am not sure of the motivation.

That's an interesting thought. If JB was trashing other people in order to cast suspicion on them during a murder investigation when he knew that Casey was accusing George, then most certainly those people should have a case of slander of some sort.
...and it really is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG to go after a man who had nothing to do with Caylee's death. That should be changed...it's one thing to hint at SODDI...but to do what Baez did and to go as far as calling a person morally bankrupt is reprehensible and slanderous to boot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banana0990
Back