GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by wfgodot, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
    Healey: we're in recess again until we hear from jury #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

2. Leilei

Leilei Blue Star Mom Times Two

One thing is for sure, if any of the jurors consent to interviews after all is said and done, I'll be watching and listening.

Verdict today, for sure, and probably soon, IMO.

3. oyeyemi808

oyeyemi808 New Member

I don't like this MD talking back and forth with the judge definitely will come back on appeal if he's found guilty of anything. MO

4. Martha Morris

Martha Morris Member

Unbelievable is right. Self-defence against what?

A car stereo turned up too loud and some backchat?

5. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Perhaps believing that he thought he saw something.

6. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 4m
    Jurors Seem much more relaxed today compared to yesterday. #DunnTrial

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 4m
    Jurors come in. Nod their head as healey answers questions. #DunnTrial

7. Nymeria

Nymeria Active Member

How many times do we have to watch juries be confused by instructions before the court system steps up and rewrites them?
    We all know they are written in legal terms that are not easy for the average person to understand. Even sleuthers at times have to get clarification on parts of them, and WS'ers know a lot more than your average person sitting on a jury (about legal terminology).
    Isn't it important enough to be considered??

It just gets so frustrating.

8. Leilei

Leilei Blue Star Mom Times Two

They're asking questions, that's good. They're taking it very seriously. Not phoning it in like another trial that we all remember.

9. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

The jurors are well relaxed looking and dressed well. hmm

10. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

I would have thought the lawyers in the room would want the opposite of what they asked for wrt answering the question. I can't see the jury finding that there was a specific intent to kill the other people in the car while finding him not guilty by self-defense as to Jordan. What a weird result that would be, imo. It sounds to me like they're forgetting the specific intent part as to the other passengers and skipping right to self-defense. If I were defense counsel, I'd want the attempted murder charge read back in its entirety.

jmo

11. Angelonline

Angelonline Member since 2005

I thought I saw something before and I was wrong. Its sad if we have to worry about what someone thinks they saw. Be sure people, Be certain before you act.

12. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

RECAP

WJXT's Jamie Johnson: Questions that the jury asked --

"Is the defense of self defense separate for each person for each count?" Answer is YES.

"are we determining if deadly force is justified against each person in each count?"
    Answer is YES.

"Or if we determined deadly force is justified against one count, is it justified in the others."
    Answer is NO, NOT NECESSARILY. Each count needs to be determined separately.

13. TimesPast

TimesPast Member

Agreed - Jordan deserves justice - he is the one who died - there was no justification for what happened to him - it is hard not to see this as racial hatred - open season on young black men. Tis little wonder that they act as they do towards men such as Dunn.

14. oyeyemi808

oyeyemi808 New Member

And how many others will use the same defense I thought I saw something if he gets off

15. HauntsForHope

HauntsForHope Southern Sleuther

16. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Men such as Dunn meaning white men??

17. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

My opinion is they are at this point on some terms because she does not have much money...I assumed she did move out of that place...and she is also the one that could really tell how it went after the shooting and before and they want her squarely on their side (MD's parents a/k/a "Daddy"). Now that she basically did not help the case I don't know what the relationship is...RR is probably not there for many reasons not the least of which is Charlie and his need for potty breaks. Apparently that is highest priority.

18. Lulu67

Lulu67 New Member

Remember, we have access to a LOT more information than the jury does. And really, none of us were there. The jury has to go on the evidence and the testimony. Everyone agreed Jordan and the defendant were jawing with each other and dropping F bombs (though if I were a juror, I'd be concerned that the defendant lied about cursing....he said he was courteous throughout and he wasn't), and they may believe he felt threatened.

That being said, it seems clear through the questions that they do not believe he was justified in shooting at the car as it drove off.

But in all honesty, it's like the detectives said in the interrogation room, if they wanted to shoot you, they're NOT going to get out of the car to do it, they would have blasted you before you knew it was coming (paraphrased).

I feel badly for Jordan's parents, but as long as this arrogant bully is put away for decades, I think they will feel justice has been somewhat served.

19. daisy7

daisy7 Retired WS Staff

Or (wishful thinking), based on the question last night, they are hung on Jordan and those that voted NG on that count is asking about the other boys? I'm feeling sick, too. :(

20. Softail

Softail Well-Known Member

Even if they believed that, there is no excuse for him fleeing. He was trying to get away with it. I don't for one minute believe he was going to go to the police. :gavel:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.