GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested* #2

I have to say that there are some crimes that are so heinous, so horrible, so shocking to the conscience, that person deserves never ever to be free- and for me, age would not preclude such a sentence. I understand the law, but there should be exceptions and this would be an exception. He did not just murder her (his so called friend), he caused her to suffer in a way none of us can ever grasp fully- he didn't just murder her, he obliterated her----He also destroyed her family.

Aiden Fucci, 16, the Florida teenager who admittedly killed 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey by stabbing her 114 times before dumping her body in the woods on Mother’s Day weekend in 2021, was sentenced to life in prison with a sentence review after 25 years.

“This was not an immature or an impetuous type of crime,” Judge R. Lee Smith said. “It makes it unique, it makes it extraordinary. What is also very troubling is that this crime had no motive. This was not done out of greed. It was not done out of retaliation, retribution, or revenge. It was not a crime of passion. It was not a crime that was committed because he felt rejected by her. It was not done in a fit of uncontrollable anger. There was no reason. There was no purpose.”

“It was done for no other reason than to satisfy this defendant’s internal desire to feel what it was like to kill someone,” the judge went on. “It was committed in a cold, calculated, and premeditated manner without any pretense for moral or legal justification. And it heinous, atrocious, and cruel. This factor and this factor alone makes this case and this defendant more than just unique.”

This guy writes like he is in 3rd grade. Can't even spell his victim's name. Get this "apawlogy". Actually an insult to normal 3rd graders.

I think the letter was a sick joke.
IMO

And more on thoughtful, helpful enabling Mom

This guy writes like he is in 3rd grade. Can't even spell his victim's name. Get this "apawlogy". Actually an insult to normal 3rd graders.

I think the letter was a sick joke.
IMO

And more on thoughtful, helpful enabling Mom
She'll probably got a slap on the wrist!

Tristyns' sister dropping stones into that jar........ :(

Please do not ever let him out.
He is not able to be rehabilitated.
M00.

Aiden Fucci, 16, the Florida teenager who admittedly killed 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey by stabbing her 114 times before dumping her body in the woods on Mother’s Day weekend in 2021, was sentenced to life in prison with a sentence review after 25 years.

“This was not an immature or an impetuous type of crime,” Judge R. Lee Smith said. “It makes it unique, it makes it extraordinary. What is also very troubling is that this crime had no motive. This was not done out of greed. It was not done out of retaliation, retribution, or revenge. It was not a crime of passion. It was not a crime that was committed because he felt rejected by her. It was not done in a fit of uncontrollable anger. There was no reason. There was no purpose.

“It was done for no other reason than to satisfy this defendant’s internal desire to feel what it was like to kill someone,” the judge went on. “It was committed in a cold, calculated, and premeditated manner without any pretense for moral or legal justification. And it heinous, atrocious, and cruel. This factor and this factor alone makes this case and this defendant more than just unique.”
<bolded and enlarged by me>

it's this....the fact that the only motive was the thrill of the kill and it was designed to drag it out and watch the victim suffer. There will be no redemption for this young man. He has no humanity inside.

It was heartbreaking to see Tristyn's mother breakdown after the sentence was announced. It's like she finally let go and the floodgates opened after holding on so strongly through the trial.

I'll be thinking about the Bailey family for a long time.

Last edited:
Person in the gallery with "That's my squad - Tristyn Bailey Strong" t-shirt on ahead of today's sentencing.
"I cannot bring her back." Judge speaks to the family of #TristynBailey. Her mom begins to cry.
BREAKING: Killer teen #AidenFucci sentenced to LIFE in prison for stabbing 13-yr-old #TristynBailey 114 times, killing her. Fucci was 14-yrs-old at the time. Because of his age, he'll be eligible for review in 25 years.

Tristyns' sister dropping stones into that jar........ :(

Please do not ever let him out.
He is not able to be rehabilitated.
M00.
So he gets a "sentence review" after 25 years, meaning he will be in the prime of life at 41 years with a chance to get out and ....ugh....procreate. Some of the Watts groupies will probably support him and try to blame it on someone else.

imo

The letter is pathetic. Since it's in his native language yet is still so poorly written, I wonder if he has a learning disability (not that that matters).
I was very surprised to see how poorly written it is, also. I heard testimony about AF’s education experience, including his grades over time, and how his teachers felt about his academic performance. Although he was mostly getting C’s and D’s, he was passing and was on track to earn a standard high school diploma, as of about a month before the murder.
The entire testimony of psychologist Dr. Prichard was interesting to me, and worth a listen if you have time (over an hour) and are interested. The talk about his grades starts about 8:52.

I’m inclined to agree with @NuttMegg about it being a sick joke. I can’t imagine an 8th grader on track for graduation with writing skills that abysmal! I also do NOT believe he has any remorse. In fact, I think he revels in memories of the crime, unfortunately.
MOO

The teen convicted of brutally killing his schoolmate on Mother’s Day in 2021 is now in prison for his life sentence.
Aiden Fucci, 16, was booked at the Suwannee Correctional Institution in Live Oak on Friday. The male adult prison has a capacity of 1,109 inmates.
The Florida Department of Corrections released a new mug shot of Fucci with his head shaved.

SBM

Crystal Lane Smith, the mother of 14-year-old Aiden Fucci, surrendered to St. Johns County sheriff's detectives about 11:50 a.m., State Attorney R.J. Larizza said in a news release.

Smith is accused in an arrest warrant of scrubbing a pair of Fucci's blue jeans in a bathroom sink after he returned home following Trystyn's death. Investigators said a security surveillance camera recorded the incident, the warrant states.

Investigators said both the jeans and the sink drain subsequently tested positive for blood, according to the warrant.

Sheriff Robert Hardwick said the investigation continues.

“Crystal Smith will be held responsible for her role in this case and justice will be served for Tristyn Bailey and her family,” Hardwick said in a written statement.

Judge R. Lee Smith on Friday sentenced Fucci to life in prison, calling the crime “heinous, atrocious and cruel."

"It was done for no other reason than to satisfy this defendant's internal desire to feel what it was like to kill someone," Smith said. "It was committed in a cold, calculated and premeditated manner without any pretense for moral or legal justification."

Crystal Lane Smith, the mother of 14-year-old Aiden Fucci, surrendered to St. Johns County sheriff's detectives about 11:50 a.m., State Attorney R.J. Larizza said in a news release.

Smith is accused in an arrest warrant of scrubbing a pair of Fucci's blue jeans in a bathroom sink after he returned home following Trystyn's death. Investigators said a security surveillance camera recorded the incident, the warrant states.

Investigators said both the jeans and the sink drain subsequently tested positive for blood, according to the warrant.

Sheriff Robert Hardwick said the investigation continues.

“Crystal Smith will be held responsible for her role in this case and justice will be served for Tristyn Bailey and her family,” Hardwick said in a written statement.

Most likely she enabled him, coddled him, excused him, and looked the other way his whole pathetic, stupid, waste-of-DNA life until she was washing blood out of his clothes when he was only 14....get this.....ignoring security cameras. I don't see any tools in the toolbox for this mother & son duo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back