GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in the hour it took to get her to the courtroom after they had a verdict, she was on someone's cell phone updating her final U:M post (anyone get a screenshot? I didn't). I think one of her kids was instructed to hit "post" if she was found guilty, and then delete the page.
Amazing that even after all of this, that was a top priority to her in her final moments as a free woman. Gotta handle my fake Facebook accounts oh but wait, wait, I haven't been on Facebook in over a year. I'm not obsessed with the internet! Oh Tammy.

Tm definitely has not aged gracefully but I wonder if the stress of the past 5 years by eliminating Heather has weighed on her mind (especially when trying to sleep). She may been drinking herself to sleep so that she would passout and not re-live the demise of Heather,

Alex Lang‏ @LangSunNews 50m50 minutes ago
"We're still missing our daughter, we're still looking for her." --Terry Elvis

DqNxt9bXQAAcY3b.jpg

35.gif

prison will be an adjustment for TM. There is a hierarchy there, especially in women’s correctional facilities...cliquish, almost, with popularity (I’m not kidding) a driving factor.

TM will, IMO, find it to be unbearable. Her minor celebrity could earn her a friend or two - especially one eager on selling their story, or perhaps making a name for themselves by staring a fight with TM. Manipulation is the name of the game in prison, and some of the inmates are definitely trying to turn their life around, and steer clear of it.

Some are sociopaths who will lie, cheat, steal and cause drama just for the sake of doing so. They may see her as a challenge or a played out “grandma” (people over 50 are often called mom or Grandma, in the pod. This happens in jail and prison, I don’t know why.)

I’m a Chicagoan and can’t speak to SC, but I would imagine this transcends county lines: these women will be incarcerated with each other for many, many years. Some a few years, and some life - but you’re in close quarters for your entire day. That’s her new reality. She’s not the queen bee anymore.

I grew up tough because my neighborhood was rough and tumble. Even I was scared in the county jail (intern) because the feral screeching and battles were...well, terrifying. They have nothing else to do all day except obsess over getting out and fight each other.

Prison is more comfortable, better amenities, classes and more stable residents versus the revolving door of county lockup, but make no mistake, her antics will not be suffered, there.

TM probably will be spending her time in prison, 'doing her lawyer' work for an appeal.
No time for any of the menial jobs other inmates need to do, I would think.
I wonder, what the conditions would be in Prison: separate cell, access to computer, libraries etc.?
Would she be permitted to use her time in Prison, for this?
Would conditions be like a room, for her study for the Appeal, all paid by the State?
MOO.

Tm definitely has not aged gracefully but I wonder if the stress of the past 5 years by eliminating Heather has weighed on her mind (especially when trying to sleep). She may been drinking herself to sleep so that she would passout and not re-live the demise of Heather,

Yes. Prison will actually be good for her physical health, I'm sure. They don't serve bullsh*& & cranberry or potstickers there.

Richmond I agree with you. What I should of said is the children believe she is a loving mother because it is all they know about a mother's love.

I agree with you there. Sadly, it is all they know and their experience is the norm for them. I am a psychotherapist, and I see the damage caused by these kinds of parents (and TM is clearly an extreme case) up close every day. I hope the kids will one day be afforded therapy or some kind of support that will promote healing for them.

Manipulation is the name of the game in prison, and some of the inmates are definitely trying to turn their life around, and steer clear of it.

Some are sociopaths who will lie, cheat, steal and cause drama just for the sake of doing so. They may see her as a challenge or a played out “grandma” (people over 50 are often called mom or Grandma, in the pod. This happens in jail and prison, I don’t know why.)

I think Tammy will do just fine in prison because she's manipulative. I think she'll probably be pretty popular, eventually.

I would say that will definitely be one of the major issues brought up on appeal. TM will no doubt say it was her attorneys' fault, the bailiffs' fault, and the judge's fault. Ineffective counsel, no doubt in my mind, she will claim they didn't do their jobs.

I can't imagine what any of those four family members could have said, that would have changed this verdict.

However, these 'potential ' witnesses broke the rules.
The Attorneys will have proof of the many hours they spent with TM.
On the stand, she complained about the Police, the Expert witnesses, NL: it appears all are to blame, so how can this Appeal be considered.
Hope Legal Folk can give some ideas, if this may be a successful option for TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu