Hurricane Relief: Where are all the celebrities now?

Anyone watching the Concert for Hurricane Relief on NBC? Harry Connick and a jazz band...awesome.

Just the kind of music you hear on the streets in NO. Very sad now, but happy too.

I am. Aaron Neville is one of my favorite singers, and he sounded angelic, as usual.

I don't know how Harry Connick Jr is singing (and sounds good). He can barely speak. He's either been crying or trying not to for a long time. Probably been without sleep, too.I give him so much credit for going to the convention center.

Dara said:
I am. Aaron Neville is one of my favorite singers, and he sounded angelic, as usual.

I don't know how Harry Connick Jr is singing (and sounds good). He can barely speak. He's either been crying or trying not to for a long time. Probably been without sleep, too.I give him so much credit for going to the convention center.

I just hope that Harry Connick and that jazz band (which includes Wynton Marsalis) plays "When the Saints Go Marching In"...it wouldn't be a jazz band without it.

BTW, Aaron Neville has a great Christmas CD too, check it out if/when you buy Harry's! My favorite on it is "Such a Night".

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_8/103-9399378-0735050?v=glance&s=music

shopper said:
I just hope that Harry Connick and that jazz band (which includes Wynton Marsalis) plays "When the Saints Go Marching In"...it wouldn't be a jazz band without it.

BTW, Aaron Neville has a great Christmas CD too, check it out if/when you buy Harry's! My favorite on it is "Such a Night".

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000C23E4/qid=1125708228/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_8/103-9399378-0735050?v=glance&s=music
I have it! It's fantastic! I saw him do songs from it live (get this) in a show with Nancy Kerrigan skating (it was surreal). I think everyone else was there for Nancy Kerrigan and I was going insane over Aaron Neville. He kept waving to me! I heard him sing Ave Maria and it was the single most beautiful vocal performance I've ever heard.

Dara said:

I have to wait another couple of hours as it doesn't air out here on the west coast until 8 p.m.

Harry's voice has been hoarse for the past few days I've noticed when I've seen him on the tube walking the streets of NO.

BTW, happen to catch Kanye West's comments? Looked like Mike Myers was going to pass out. And Chris Tucker looked shocked, too. I'm guessing they weren't scripted.

Tom'sGirl said:
I have to wait another couple of hours as it doesn't air out here on the west coast until 8 p.m.

Harry's voice has been hoarse for the past few days I've noticed when I've seen him on the tube walking the streets of NO.
Tom'sGirl, can you do me a favor? Can you tell me what Kanye West says? He blasted Bush. I think he actually said, "Bush hates black people." I want to see if they let that through on rebroadcasts.

Dara said:
BTW, happen to catch Kanye West's comments? Looked like Mike Myers was going to pass out. And Chris Tucker looked shocked, too. I'm guessing they weren't scripted.
I sure will Dara, won't even answer the phone while it's on.

Tom'sGirl said:
I sure will Dara, won't even answer the phone while it's on.
Thank you!

(You might want to keep Kleenex handy, though you probably know that already)

Dara said:

LOL, yeah Mike's face was pretty pinched wasn't it?

Kanye's comments were out of line for that program, there is a place for that and I think the concert should be for uplifting and getting people to feel good about giving.

Dara said:
I have it! It's fantastic! I saw him do songs from it live (get this) in a show with Nancy Kerrigan skating (it was surreal). I think everyone else was there for Nancy Kerrigan and I was going insane over Aaron Neville. He kept waving to me! I heard him sing Ave Maria and it was the single most beautiful vocal performance I've ever heard.

That's cool!

shopper said:
LOL, yeah Mike's face was pretty pinched wasn't it?

Kanye's comments were out of line for that program, there is a place for that and I think the concert should be for uplifting and getting people to feel good about giving.
I agree. I give him some slack for being upset, but it was so uncomfortable and could have alienated viewers (plus, they only had a hour).

Both of Harry's daughters are beautiful, but one is a little female Harry! So cute.

Dara said:
Thank you!

(You might want to keep Kleenex handy, though you probably know that already)
Oh, I will. I've cried so many times this week and the music they play sometimes just makes it worse.

I was watching late the other night and the song "Bridge over Troubled Waters" while you saw the pitiful scenes and film clips.........this situation is more than sad, it's like a very bad dream and I don't even live in the areas struck.

Dara said:
I agree. I give him some slack for being upset, but it was so uncomfortable and could have alienated viewers (plus, they only had a hour).

Both of Harry's daughters are beautiful, but one is a little female Harry! So cute.

She sure is, I could tell right away that the little one is his daughter. (the other one too, but the little one is his clone)

I know, Kanye is just mad and I'm not slamming him. It's not funny but thinking about the look on Mike Meyer's face is cracking me up.

shopper said:
She sure is, I could tell right away that the little one is his daughter. (the other one too, but the little one is his clone)

I know, Kanye is just mad and I'm not slamming him. It's not funny but thinking about the look on Mike Meyer's face is cracking me up.
Me, too. Chris Tucker's, too. Or I was projecting. Our jaws were hanging.

Dara said:
Me, too. Chris Tucker's, too. Or I was projecting. Our jaws were hanging.
Well now I can hardly wait to hear what he said (if they don't edit it).

Kanye is bit off the wall anyway, probably still mad that Suge Knight got shot at his party.

Dara said:
Tom'sGirl, can you do me a favor? Can you tell me what Kanye West says? He blasted Bush. I think he actually said, "Bush hates black people." I want to see if they let that through on rebroadcasts.
Oops. I saw the tape on Fox this morning. West said, "Bush doesn't care about black people."

Dara said:
Oops. I saw the tape on Fox this morning. West said, "Bush doesn't care about black people."
Hi Dara, I said I'd let you know what was aired out here last night but haven't been online since last night when I watched the show.

They deleted all of what others must have seen and heard by the time it was re-broadcast out here.

When Myers and West were at the mic and Kayne started getting wayyyyyyy off topic and it got to the "now they're shooting us" (or something to that effect) that was the end!, clip, cut, on the floor.

It was funny however when Matt mentioned at the end of the show how some views were given and unless one knew like I did from reading it here I wouldn't have known what the heck he was talking about.

Maybe I'll see the entire thing on Access Holloywood or one of the other stupid ego shows.

Thank you so much, Tom'sGirl. I found you a clip, if you want. If you watch it purely for the expressions of Mike Myers and Chris Tucker, it's funny. However, in context, not so much. I figured they would edit it.

Dara said:
Thank you so much, Tom'sGirl. I found you a clip, if you want. If you watch it purely for the expressions of Mike Myers and Chris Tucker, it's funny. However, in context, not so much. I figured they would edit it.
You're a sweetie Dara.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn