Hurricane Relief: Where are all the celebrities now?

Tom'sGirl said:
Class and a pilots license...........even can fly the big jobbers!
He's still pretty darn HOT too!:crazy:

OMG. Speaking of Travolta, I recently saw the movie "A Love Song for Bobby Long". It was a great performance by Travolta. He played a broken alcoholic man, and he played it well. It was quite a departure for him, but done nicely.

And the movie took place in New Orleans.

I recommend it to anyone, it was a really good one.

I'm glad you said that - I've seen it at the video store and have picked it up w/ the intent to rent it, but always put it back. I will definitely get it next time.

BirdieBoo said:
OMG. Speaking of Travolta, I recently saw the movie "A Love Song for Bobby Long". It was a great performance by Travolta. He played a broken alcoholic man, and he played it well. It was quite a departure for him, but done nicely.

And the movie took place in New Orleans.

I recommend it to anyone, it was a really good one.

I like the one where he's a minority ( he's white but society roles are reversed ) and he experiences racism. Very thought provoking. Wish I could remember the name.

And who could forget how adorable he was in Welcome Back Kotter? Saturday Night Fever...........I better stop, I may begin breathing heavy!:silenced: LOL

It was called White Man's Burden.

:)

And who could forget that sexy dance in Pulp Fiction? :blowkiss: *Dreamy*
Linda7NJ said:
I like the one where he's a minority ( he's white but society roles are reversed ) and he experiences racism. Very thought provoking. Wish I could remember the name.

And who could forget how adorable he was in Welcome Back Kotter? Saturday Night Fever...........I better stop, I may begin breathing heavy!:silenced: LOL

Linda7NJ said:

Okay, stopped breathing heavy here myself, going to shut down for the night while the gettins good.

Tomorrow heading for Hollywood Video near me and renting 'A Love Song for Bobby Long".

SimonSays said:
I thought it was absolutely amazing & heartfelt ~ reading that made me cry. :blushing:

Me, too! It's so heartwarming to hear about these generous acts of heroic proportions!

Thanks for posting it ... :blowkiss:

O'Neal-9.10.jpg

'This is the right thing to do' Shaq urges others to help out victims of Katrina
Posted: Saturday September 10, 2005 5:47PM; Updated: Saturday September 10, 2005 5:47PM

MIAMI (AP) -- Sweat dripping from his head as he worked in the midday South Florida sun, Shaquille O'Neal loaded the last item into a cavernous 18-wheel trailer and pointed to the generous stranger.

"Give the man a hug," he urged his children, who quickly obliged. "Tell him thank you."

For the last week, O'Neal and his wife have coordinated efforts to help those in Louisiana and Mississippi whose lives were ripped apart by Hurricane Katrina. And Saturday, O'Neal was on the front line, personally accepting medical items, toiletries, clothes and other items from those inclined to help.

The tractor-trailers hired by the O'Neal family are expected to begin rolling Tuesday toward Baton Rouge, La. -- where O'Neal, the Miami Heat center, attended LSU.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/09/10/shaq.katrina.ap/index.html

I haven't time to read the entire thread, so forgive me if this has been mentioned, but Bravo's Celebrity Poker is spending its entire season in New Orleans and all the celebrities are playing for charities that help the area.

Not everyone has forgotten.

Nova said:
I haven't time to read the entire thread, so forgive me if this has been mentioned, but Bravo's Celebrity Poker is spending its entire season in New Orleans and all the celebrities are playing for charities that help the area.

Not everyone has forgotten.

I agree Nova!!! Not everyone is using it as a photo op either, so many celebs are helping without notice!!

Linda7NJ said:
Travolta has class!
I agree! He and his wife do a lot to help others. Amazing he can do this and not stuff his religion down other people's throat. Think Tom could take a few lessons from John and Kelly? :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starrynight8974
Back