Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie Tibbetts search now focusing on car wash, truck stop and areas in and around Brooklyn, Iowa

Investigators searching for college student Mollie Tibbetts now appear to be refining their search to numerous businesses and tracts of land in and around the rural Iowa city where she was last seen nearly a month ago.

One of the farm areas is right next to Big Bear Creek, a waterway that originates 20 miles northwest of Brooklyn, in Gilman. From Brooklyn, the creek runs another 20 miles Northeast to Marengo, where it empties into the Iowa River.

I wanted to make an observation and get some feedback.
DJ noted when he returned to the home at whatever time that was on the timeline, that the dogs had plenty of food and water.
Up thread, people had noted that labs and most dogs will eat constantly if food is available.
So, for an evening, a night, a morning, and up until he arrived, there was still plenty of food left? How darn much did she leave, and why? Is this an indication that she was leaving for a prolonged period of time, thereby indicating prior intent?

Or have I missed this being discussed in previous threads?

Last edited:
If you watch all the LE pressers from the last month or so; LE seemed more 'energized and determined' in yesterdays presser; it might just be me; but there was a certain amount of confidence there.

I was wondering. She has an iPhone. iTunes shows how many times a song is played on a computer. Would it be possible that your phone would sync up with that? Or even if she had a Spotify account? I'm not sure the data they maintain.

I am caught up reading all threads! Hurray. And I pondered that visual aid LE has provided the general public. What was more striking to me was HWY 6 is not on it. So this couldn't be a map that simply showed all ingress and egress to Brooklyn.

I believe this map was made ONLY to generate leads from the public. It was a tool for folks who live in each zone or who have some sort of contact with those areas to help LE find Mollie.

SharonNeedles- you posted something on Thread 24 about 385 and part being gravel and then dirt, you mentioned it was the fastest route from DJs to Grinnell. I would have thought the fastest route would have been up 170 to HWY 6 not Historic 6? Or am I confused about which 385 you were talking about.

The zone on the right that doesn't open anything can be used in conjunction with google maps to isolate the region and there is a 385 Avenue there.

The last thing that really stuck out to Mitch saying the public was not in danger. This to me means Mollie was targeted. It is way too late for an accidental hit and run to be plausible.

But with still so many unanswered questions I am wondering how LE can draw the conclusion whoever is responsible for Mollie's disappearance was singly focused on her alone?

Can someone with LE experience help me understand how or even why they did that?

Now what is the plan? The case will loose all interest with the media. It will rapidly turn into a cold case, no info & MT will be no closer to home then what she is.

Is it time for the family to do there own searches? I truly am not bashing LE. I just honestly wonder what the next step would be?

As a Mother I just couldn't sit back & do nothing & I know my family couldn't / wouldn't either. The weather is to be cooling off so searches would be bearable.
Dad seems like the type to hire a PI also. I know I would.

As a matter of crossing all T’s and dotting all I’s...was the car that Mollie shares with her brothers searched?
I don't think LE has told us, but a family member stated that they checked the car when they were looking for her (possibly missing) red shirt. I don't have a link - I think it was said in a NG podcast - so I'll just say IMO.

I am caught up reading all threads! Hurray. And I pondered that visual aid LE has provided the general public. What was more striking to me was HWY 6 is not on it. So this couldn't be a map that simply showed all ingress and egress to Brooklyn.

I believe this map was made ONLY to generate leads from the public. It was a tool for folks who live in each zone or who have some sort of contact with those areas to help LE find Mollie.

SharonNeedles- you posted something on Thread 24 about 385 and part being gravel and then dirt, you mentioned it was the fastest route from DJs to Grinnell. I would have thought the fastest route would have been up 170 to HWY 6 not Historic 6? Or am I confused about which 385 you were talking about.

The zone on the right that doesn't open anything can be used in conjunction with google maps to isolate the region and there is a 385 Avenue there.

The last thing that really stuck out to Mitch saying the public was not in danger. This to me means Mollie was targeted. It is way too late for an accidental hit and run to be plausible.

But with still so many unanswered questions I am wondering how LE can draw the conclusion whoever is responsible for Mollie's disappearance was singly focused on her alone?

Can someone with LE experience help me understand how or even why they did that?

(Pure sepeculation on my part) That's why I believe there might have been some sort of contact
between persons and LE. Otherwise how can they rule out a danger to the local residents?

I wanted to make an observtion and get some feedback.
DJ noted when he returned to the home at whatever time that was on the timeline, that the dogs had plenty of food and water.
Up thread, people had noted that labs and most dogs will eat constantly if food is available.
So, for an evening, a night, a morning, and up until he arrived, there was still plenty of food left? How darn much did she leave, and why? Is this an indication that she was leaving for a prolonged period of time, thereby indicating prior intent?

Could they have an auto dispense set up for the dogs?

I may have also missed it, but this is odd to me, too. Not at all dogs eat immediately (mine doesn't).....some graze.....but every single lab I have ever known eats their food immediately like they haven't eaten in days.

Maybe that anecdote about there being plenty of food isn't true. I would assume that even if she had left out a LOT of food for a planned disappearance, the food would still be gone based on my observation of lab eating habits. They aren't really rationers.

Our lab goes on hunger strikes when one of her humans is away overnight. It is not unusual for her not to eat for a day - even with food left out. She also does this during storms. I think it all depends on the dog.
I wonder if Mollie fed them dinner before she went on her run? Maybe that's why they had plenty of food?

I wanted to make an observation and get some feedback.

I have mentioned before that my dogs have constant access to their food and do not eat constantly. They never eat overnight, and instead follow our routine. They eat when we eat our dinner.

search
I don't think LE has told us, but a family member stated that they checked the car when they were looking for her (possibly missing) red shirt. I don't have a link - I think it was said in a NG podcast - so I'll just say IMO.
Thanks, it was one of the last places she was known to have been, it should be checked for a myriad of reasons

Dad seems like the type to hire a PI also. I know I would.

I detest when cases go this long and families have to consider hiring their own investigators. I truly believe we should be better than this. No family should be put in this position.

There was a case in Fayetteville NC where LE simply couldn't find a missing young woman. It took a local who just couldn't let it go to do his own investigation and then use all skills to convince the killer to show him where the body was.

Bragg soldier Kelli Bordeaux's remains found; suspect arrested :: WRAL.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members