Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
but what's the murder /rape rate with strangers being the offender?
school shooting rate?
age of offenders?
mass shootings are down?
there are always wars and will be wars
there is still genocide
there were more murdered in a quicker amount of time in Rwanda than the Holocaust
The US murder rate and gun murder rate are both half of what they were 25 years ago. The school shooting rate both by number of shootings and number of victims per also down. Rape rates are difficult to ascertain. Rape reporting is much easier today. Facilitating reporting makes all the difference, which is why Sweden has the highest apparent rate in the world even though it almost certainly does not have the highest actual rate.
Rwanda had less civilian death than the holocaust, which was 12 million dead. never mind that civilian deaths in all of WWII were up to 50 million (and up to 10 million military).
Again violent crime in the US is way way down, in any time frame, and world violent crime is down, as is world violent death from government violence/warfare. Take a look at Harvard's Steven Pinker's work, he lays it all out.

Interesting change in wording as of this morning. Maybe they don't have a suspect.
The Reward Money Topped Local Records & Will Now Be Used To Help Capture Any Suspects Linked to her Death
Mollie Tibbetts Reward Money Going Toward Catching Suspect | Heavy.com
Based on how LE has conducted this investigation, I don't think they would start sharing information with the crimestoppers website. They could have a suspect in custody and we won't know unless they want us to know.

That is the decent thing to do. There was an photo of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook with white sheets over them and it broke my heart and I will never forget it. I’m glad they are treating Mollie’s remains and the crime scene with dignity.
Yes, gregjrichards, their crime scene bodies are etched into my mind. Even all these years later, it is a vision like it happened yesterday. But, also, it is very evident to the minds eye that their spirits had left, leaving just the overgrowth & barrenness.
Everyone take care of your hearts and nourish your own spirit.
JMO

Social media just makes it look like more. It magnifies every crime. If this was 1975, I’d never hear about a girl missing in Iowa.
Exactly. The large majority of Americans think murder is up or at best flat the past generation, when it is way way down. No just social media, but all media. And having a higher education level does reduce the cognitive bias on inverting murder rate trends, highly educated people also think they are up, when they are profoundly down.

As a scientist, I'll just say that no body decomposes fully within a month. Plenty of soft tissue and hair remain. Even in tropical climates. Rate of decomposition in Iowa is generally slow due to our climate, even in late summer/early autumn.

Since much has been mentioned about identification and dental records, I was curious and found the following:

What Are the Four Stages of Human Decomposition?

There are no photos, only straightforward, clinical descriptions, but read with care.

Soooooo sad today. So much love to everyone, especially her family. I read about the news in class and almost burst into tears in front of my students.

I also do NOT like to speculate on such a fresh, ongoing investigate....ESPECIALLY when he are mere hours (2!) from a press conference. I wish people could calm down a little.

I think people see it as their last chance to log an opinion before we get at least some idea of what really happened. I'm a wait-and-see guy myself, but I get why people are frantically sharing their theories.

I am not far from where Ariel Castro held 3 for more than 10 years. They escaped, survived, and are thriving. Hope is essential![/QUOTE

Hope is great. But is it realistic? While there are exceptions to the rule they are not the norm. If it were my child, I'd hold out hope until there was none. But I suspect LE know that wishing and hoping will not effect the outcome that was most likely decided before they even got the case. I'm not smart enough to run the numbers but I'm sure somewhere, someplace, someone has figured out how many of these cases end up in living bodies as opposed to the opposite.

Absolutely. So many have come back alive, Amanda, Gina, Michelle, then there was Jaycee, Shawn, I could literally go on. Hope is essential. Even when it seems lost.

(Such a shame that demon Castro took his life. He never paid for what he did to those girls.)

Something like 400,000 people are missing at any given point in time in the USA. What percentage are found alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB