Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="

I have a question about this attorney - he is from TAMA, IA which is in a different county. And is a private attorney. Anyone have any idea how CR actually found him? And who would be paying his bill?

It bothers me because I worry about who might be following this case and see this as some sort of test case and offer to bail CR out of jail.
I don't know for certain, but I am guessing the defense attorney has been appointed by the court. This guy is in private practice but possibly a contract attorney for the public defender office. You see that a lot in rural areas.[/QUOTE]

If you look at his Facebook page, he has close relatives who live in Tama, Iowa (not far from Brooklyn). My guess is that they have retained legal counsel for this individual. I don't want to bring his family into this so I'll leave it at that.

I disagree; I think I read that when the other migrant workers were question by LE; they thought they were from ICE.

Well that makes sense, given they just showed up at the farm or their housing or whatever, similar to how a raid might go down. But why would he exacerbate a situation from something not illegal that wouldn’t get him in trouble, to something very illegal and would? He would have been back to his house or work long before a cop showed up to talk to Mollie.

Where did you read this? The affidavit said he was interviewed for the first time on August 20, 2018.
I thought I recall also from the PC, very beginning of it, that he was initially interviewed early on. Bc I think I remembered thinking how often it is that perps names appear early on in the investigative files. If I imagined this I apologize!

1. No one is going to post 5 million. As they say this guy doesn't have 2 pennies to rub together.
2. That attorney is 'running' (he filed for a position) along without like 20 others for one vacancy. He has about as much chance as someone posting 5 million in bail.

Someone hired this private attorney. Someone has signed on a piece of paper to pay his fee, if he wants a fee that is. The Magistrate Judge offered CR the opportunity to have a court appointed attorney instead but CR said no.

Is there anyway to ask Mr. Richard how he came to represent CR?

Mollie Tibbetts Murderer Has Creepy Tie to Kewanee

He most def was planning his next victim and had planned to harm other young women before Mollie! My great aunt sent me this knowing I’ve been following this case. The town she lives in is about 2-3 hours from Brooklyn Iowa.
I heard about the messages. They were a "wave" from facebook and another was a "hi" ..the recipient did not answer and I guess I will say this is MOO since I saw the screenshots on another forum.

If you look at his Facebook page, he has close relatives who live in Tama, Iowa (not far from Brooklyn). My guess is that they have retained legal counsel for this individual. I don't want to bring his family into this so I'll leave it at that.

That could be true. However it is a very common name.

On the other hand, if he has family nearby, why would he live on the agribusiness farm. That does not sound very pleasant.

Also too, to go to court costs about 200,000 - 250,000 or so. Who has that kind of scratch lying around?

Yes, this. Also it's a cash bond - you need to put up the full amount in cash, not through a bail company. Most people make bond by paying a small fee to a bond company who puts up the money on your behalf and it is returned to them when you show up at court. Here, he'd need $5m cash in the bank just to meet the Iowa bond. Then there's a DHS hold so he would need to meet whatever conditions DHS had - which would likely be no bond on the immigration violations.

THANK YOU Alethea!

Yeah that’s all likely! Cite one other person, as there have been far more notorious killers in this world, that ever happened to?!?!?!
What I am saying is there is ways to move that money so it is in his name. It happens all of the time.

Can someone please relink his fB (if it hasn’t gone poof already. Hope someone took screenshots in case (Not them we can post them publicly). Tia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa