Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is his story; LE are buying it at the moment; but LE will find big holes in it soon enough; as more evidence is gathered. Some things already don't add up.

Still catching up on the threads today, but I don't think they're "buying it" per say. They're just telling us that that is what he said. I honestly think saying he panicked because of his immigration status is giving him way too much credit, if he was worried about that he wouldn't stalk joggers.

I want to see the judge and especially hear the District Attorney . I hope they don't show too much of Mollie's family. One reporter said that 20 members of her family and other loved ones are expected to be there. I will find the link.

Here's a link to CBS livestream: (on in 12 minutes)

Cows only come "fresh" or have milk after they calve. I don't know that dairy farming is seasonal either. I just grew up with a father who had grown up on a farm.
I'm really not sure where "seasonal" came from. I recall the Employer stating he'd worked for the farm for 4 years.

Also, the dairy farm in question is a large operation with more than dairy according to their website. IMO, there's activity at their farm requiring peak agricultural help which could very well be considered "seasonal" work. MOO

At that point the dude knew he would be busted for being here illegally. It could be that he considered life in an American prison preferable to whatever would have awaited him if he were deported.
Working in a community that has lots of illegals I have learned that when confronted about wrong doing they generally fess up right away. I think you are right it’s better than being deported. Just my experience

Added. . Or say no English Lol

Umm no. He'll get either the public defender or an attorney with limited litigation practice. He's not a high roller; **** yes, high roller no.
Hope it's not a high profile lawyer with an agenda.
This is sort of off topic, but at the same time not. I noticed CR has a lot of persons he follows....... on FB. I think they were all female. Kind of creepy.

All I've read is the arrest warrant, and its wording tells me that Mollie's clothing wasn't ON her body when she was located. Therefore, no matter what CR's story is or will be, his DNA will seal his fate. I just hope it's ultimately concluded that Mollie was unaware of most of what CR did to her. That's the ONLY possible silver lining here. Smh. It's always so sad when sweet, kind hearts meet evil face-to-face.
That could be why he says he blacked out. He's ashamed to admit he raped a corpse. That's really the only way the story could be worse. He actually already half admitted to some premeditation. He said he had seen her before and on that day was drawn to her for some reason. That's just enough to charge him with premeditated murder, even if it's somewhat defensible. As you can see here, half the people believe it was premeditated. So his story of "half" premeditation doesn't do him any good really. Which is why I don't think he's smart enough to have preplanned this.

Do you have a source that the actual abduction was caught on camera? I thought it was just him following her that was caught EDIT: in that vicinity.
Sorry I think I missed this. I know they stated it was near the area of Boundary and Middle streets, but do they have the actual abduction on tape and how does 1900 385th avenue come into play?

He was"waving" at them, and then sending winky faces etc. The one I saw they didnt reply.

Also, the town my aunt lives in, has a lot of students that go to unveristy of Iowa so I’m wondering if this girl possibly went to school there and had mutual friends on Facebook?

zencompass what time is it airing?

Oh 2pm???? Iowa time?

I totally agree. This scenario has happened to me as well - far more than once. The flirty behavior (which is usually crude and blunt, not flirty) instantly turns mean and insulting when rebuffed.

I don't doubt that the CR would've hurt Mollie even if she remained "kind" while he went after her that day, however. His intentions were never good and he used whatever tactics that were most efficient in the moment.

Nobody with good intentions circles around a lone woman jogging and then gets out of his car on an isolated stretch. No matter how she reacted, he was going to hurt her.

jmopinion
And she never had a chance to call 911

I’m not local and a bit confused about the location “1900 385th”. Was that on the way to her mom’s house? It looks like somewhat of a distance from The city of Brooklyn.

Mortvedt said officials do not anticipate filing additional charges against Rivera, but that decision will depend on where the evidence leads, and he cautioned there was still a large period of time unaccounted for.

"We want to account for everything that he did in that time leading up to the abduction but then since until he was in our custody yesterday," he said.

Investigator: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts' death 'hadn't come across the radar' until Monday

DlOLssaUUAEK71s.jpg:large

#BREAKING - #MollieTibbetts’ family has released a statement following yesterday’s news. They’re devastated and asking for time to grieve, but are thankful for the public’s love and support. @weareiowa5news

Does it matter?
In reference to LE not reporting Mollie's disappearance as a danger to the community:

I think it does matter as each person in the community could make that decision for themselves. Some may have done nothing differently and others may have not allowed their children to be out alone .
My perception was "no Danger" because it was Personal--someone Mollie knew that specifically targeted her.

Yes, he could've kept mouth shut with LE and not told them where to find Mollie's body. It's frightening how easily that could've happened. As much as I despise perps, I'm grateful he gave up the info on where he put Mollie. jmo
I'm guessing LE made it crystal clear they had him, and it would "go easier" for him if he confessed and told them where he put her body, and would be better for everyone overall for closure. Maybe a legal expert here can interpret what the "go easier" suggestion, if it happened, would translate into?

Grasping at straws:

That if he was cooperative, they would say that he was not a "highly dangerous" person in terms of where he would end up in the prison system (e.g., GP vs. maximum security)?

No deportation/death penalty and he would stay in Iowa where there's no death penalty, and that they wouldn't bump his case to the federal level that does have death penalty (if they could even do that... maybe not, but they could have made him think it was a possibility?).

I bet they raked him over the coals but good and the confession and location of her body was a real coup - they got a HUGE amount of evidence from the crime scene(s) that the DA can use to lock him up and throw away the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph