ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something funny about the affidavit. They mentioned King Road and him traveling east and west. That road goes south and north. What else did they screw up in that form?

I had this question for days. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects students from having personal information given out to people that do not have authorization except for when there is a risk of harm/police involvement.

With that said, do you think it is odd that the university would so quickly refer to him as a "past student?" This might be a boring or dumb question but it is as though they are rushing to judgment that he has been found guilty. I would think the university has to be careful but this seems to comfort other students I suppose. I have seen employees terminate people but maybe they are able to suggest he violated some university policies warranting separation whether or not he is found guilty.

Dear Cougs,

A new year and a new semester bring an opportunity for growth, peace, and most of all, healing. The last few months have been trying, and the announcement of the arrest of Bryan Christopher Kohberger, a former WSU PhD student, as a suspect in the deaths of four University of Idaho students has shocked our communities.

Actual university message in full:

A few random observations:
1.) Is it me, or is this guy pulled over by police a lot for someone supposedly in criminology and academia?
2.) I am hoping and praying that DM was given the opportunity to select BK from a photo lineup prior to the arrest. How great would it be if she was shown several photographs and was able to pick him out based on his appearance over the mask.
3.) First timer? Since he seems as though he may have a proclivity for running his mouth on message boards and social media groups, I hope they are able to find his other accounts and history and see if he may be connected to other cases over the years. He's 28. Dahmer killed his first victim when he was 18. Apparently 27 is about the average time a SK starts killing, so I guess that would be correct, but how many go straight to a mass killing?
4.) Am I correct that both KC and MM worked at a vegan restaurant? I wonder if there are any records of BK being in there. It would seem pretty likely that if that is true, he could have certainly been in there to check out vegan options (not that far) and came upon one of the girls, tried his pathetic attempt at "flirting" and got shot down.
Does anyone else think this might be some kind of revenge killing??? He seems to think the laws don't apply to him. I wonder if someone in that house reported him to the police for various reasons ( maybe stalking, assault, or something else). He applied for the an internship with the Police dept. Could that have messed up his chance with that or the Phd program he was pursuing? Just some random thoughts.... JMO

DNA REPORTS-
This is the way I understand how the DNA findings worked in catching BK, and it makes pretty good sense to me...
1. Some pretty clear DNA was found on the snap, or button, of the knife sheath. But there was no match, initially, in any data base.
2. Then LE and FBI were watching other clues around the crime scene--- cell phone info, and CCTC, and the white car, and were making a list of possible suspects, and clues, to follow.
3. Then they were following BK to PA. and found the TRASH! After testing the DNA of the trash, some of it tested positive for BK's DAD. At that point, they had PROBABLE CAUSE to arrest BK.
4. After the arrest, they did a cheek swab on BK, which matched
identically to the DNA on the sheath of the knife.

That seems pretty sharp to me!
Is that the way you understand too?
Did I miss anything?
Thank you, smart friends at Websleuths!

They did explain it, but will the defense attorney not make a point that they are "shaping" the evidence to fit the suspect. Mind you, I'm playing Devils advocate here because that is precisely what the Defense attorney will be. In another train of thought I think they have the mass murderer in custody and he is the one.
No doubt they will use that, but I believe the jury will understand and see clearly once prosecution/LE/FBI explain the 2 year difference... they could also say they didn't want to throw the perp off/scare him with the 2015 announcement if that had happened.

I don't know. Whole thing is sick & twisted.

Pages & pages ago, iirc you asked something like ' why take your phone with you at all? ( if you're not going to use it in the crime and don't need it there. )

As he probably wasn't wearing a go pro ( which WS-ers had previously speculated about) & the whole act was too quick & frenetic for filming with his phone, could he have audio recorded instead, from his pocket?

IDK the proportion of perps who use tech to record their acts, although yes have heard it's getting more common.
Maybe no one answered his questionnaire so he decided to do his own research? I think once he started, he couldn’t stop himself—probably the first time in life he felt like he was the one in charge. Probably felt invincible until he noticed the missing sheath.

An irrelative question. I jump back into websleuth again after taking a break for 4 years. I read the news LE broke windows and doors to arrest BK. But do they really just that dramatic? I though the dramatic scene we see in movies are for visual effects only. Can they just knock the door and ask him to step out (with guns pointing at the doors). Who will pay the fees to fix the damages?
From the "breaking windows and doors down" to gain entrance -- I got the impression that it was a "no knock" warrant. They could just bust in and find the suspect.

One thing that makes me think BK didn't see DM that night: I think the police said that DM was on the first floor to elude BK into thinking there were no witnesses so he wouldn't go after her. I can't think of any other reason to say that she was on the first, aside from maybe keeping the public calm as knowing that DM was on the same floor as X and E might have attracted negative attention to DM - like how the PCA is doing now. I think they probably didn't have a suspect at the time and they wanted BK to think he got away with it without being seen. This could possibly prevent him from targeting DM as the only witness to his crime (although she was probably protected by security at this time). The only way this would work though is if DM told the police that BK did not see her when she looked out of the door. If BK did see her, he would know the police were lying which is risky.

There is a chance that when he returned at 9:12 am, he was planning on killing his only witness.

And/or he may have been planning on recovering the sheath just in case it had DNA on it or could be traced to him - unless he actually didn't mind if he got caught which does fit the profile of a mass murderer who enjoys notoriety.

Also, if the front door was actually open, maybe he saw the door open and thought he couldn't go in for whatever reason in case he may be caught out. There had to be some reason he returned then didn't go back inside. Unless he only returned to see the police response and gloat to himself to boost his ego or just had the compulsion to stalk them again.

Possible IMO. I am trying to think outside of the box
Just wondering if people who are or may be questioning the veracity of LE's accusations of BK that he committed the 4 murders & felony burglary, have a scenario in mind in which BK would not want to say "what really happened" & start the process of exonerating himself by giving some details to LE right away about why the "indicators" (for lack of a better word) in the PCA that he was involved or committed the crimes himself is incorrect?

Or if people questioning his guilt think BK has already done so (started explaining why he's not guilty/why they've got the wrong man), and it just hasn't come out yet, and won't until his Defense Team & LE/Prosecutors sit down to discuss it in a pre-trial plea, or it will all wait to come out during trial?

Or think it's something else, like that BK is in fear for his life because the "real killer" threatened him to keep quite & so is paralyzed by fear/is in shock & can't adequately express himself & his innocence?

Or have no clue, but don't think anyone should be expressing their opinions presuming his guilt or innocence until proven either way in a court of law?

MOO. Just pondering & genuinely curious.

Last edited:
Here’s more photos and videos.
Looks like the mattresses are in some type of zippered covers ( flimsy white ones). Imo
Looks like a bed frame is wrapped in black material in video.
I agree with others that one would think they would have used a bigger enclosed moving truck or van instead of cramming them in pickups!
Bad optics to me.. doesn’t say “ handle with care” IYKWIM
@Cindizzi
Thanks for the Twitter vids.
Yep, yep, yep, like you said---"Bad optics to me..”

But that's the only thing that makes sense to me. He didn't see her, or she would be dead. Imo.
Maybe he saw her, maybe he didn't. There could be other reasons.

The dog was barking loud enough to be heard on the neighbor's camera starting at 4:17. He could have reasoned that surviving roommates or neighbors had already called 911. He could have had his fill. Eventually you leave the buffet even though they still have plenty of food there. He could have run out of the adrenaline that had powered him through butchering 4 people. He might not have been concerned about leaving an eyewitness because he was wearing a mask. Reasoning which seems to have been validated.

Just tossing that out there.

Here’s more photos and videos.

Looks like the mattresses are in some type of zippered covers ( flimsy white ones). Imo
Looks like a bed frame is wrapped in black material in video.
I agree with others that one would think they would have used a bigger enclosed moving truck or van instead of cramming them in pickups!
Bad optics to me.. doesn’t say “ handle with care” IYKWIM

Right...and if it's bad optics for us, it's an open door for the defense. (And not just about the mattresses). Imho

DM is truly lucky, she opened and shut her door once while BK was upstairs and twice while he was on the 2nd floor and the sound of the door did not attract him her way, I know he was otherwise occupied but still you would think he heard the door shut. Honestly praying for DM she must have so much going on in her mind with all of this. Poor girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike