ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying that the university is under no obligation to enforce remote or even hybrid classes.

Just as a point of clarification, that isn't what I'm saying. I agree that they're under no obligation to do it. I'm just saying that given the circumstances, I believe it would be heartless of them to choose not to offer a virtual option to the ones leaving. MOO.

FruitTingles posted the Zillow link for the property at the scene of the crime in the previous thread:

In looking through the pictures, I noticed they were watermarked with this firm:

Along with buying and selling, they also handle property management, for "over 500 properties"

Nothing unusual about this, most every college town has similar (and probably most non-college towns). People buy investment properties, then hire someone to oversee them.

This is their tenant handbook:

Again, nothing untoward, just a data point. I do not know if the property of concern was owned, rented, under management or any other particulars. It may give perspective as to others who might be familiar with the layout of the house.

Someone may wish to look at their reviews from customers. Note that online reviews from Yelp and elsewhere may be subjective. Caveat emptor. And Moo.

Last edited:
I wonder if a friend came to check on the students because they hadn't returned texts or something, and they noticed Ethan laying in the kitchen and called 911. I also wonder if that sliding door is the open door that law enforcement referred to. It would make more sense than for the keypad door to be left ajar, imo. From pics, it seems like they used that door a lot. Maybe the 911 caller tried to enter that way and saw the 'unconscious' person. moo
This would be a logical explanation for the 911 caller NOT to be the killer. We don't know anything about the caller, do we?

Are you thinking that one of the roommates may have had an OnlyFans account linked to her Instagram?
That hadn't occurred to me, but LE need to look at everyone connected to the victims so they can nail the perp.
A stalker or crazed obsessed person who rebuffed them and they lost it ?
I'm in agreement with those who theorized that one or two of the victims were targets, and the other collateral.
Imo.

I am new to posting about this case. I have to say that finding out Today that there were 2 more roommates home during the murders has me concerned a bit. How did they not hear anthing? Why didn't they contact LE? It sounds like another person called in the crime scene. Could they possibly be the ones LE think are good for the crime? It would then make sense why LE didn't feel anyone else was in danger because they are already watching who they think did it while searching for evidence to the crime. Again, just speculation but a strange case indeed. I hope they catch the culprits soon.

This was discussed extensively in the last thread. Reader's Digest version is that there are crimes in which it's possible someone in the house didn't hear the crime take place. Posters cited one in particular with a mother son in which the son didn't hear his mom being killed. I'm not familiar with that case so can't the names. If you want details, I'd look in the last thread, but the point is, it does happen.

The other theory is that the two other girls may have heard it, but were so scared that they locked their doors and hid, maybe in a closet or under the bed for hours. That has also been known to happen (see: Richard Speck case in which 8 nurses were killed and one survived by hiding for several hours before calling 911).

Bottom line, I don't think we'll know until they have a suspect and information starts being revealed.

Ethan Chapin
University Of Idaho Sigma Chi

EXTENDED INTERVIEW: Parents of slain University of Idaho student​

ETA: Around the 9 minute mark, Ethan's mother confirms that her son and his girlfriend (Xana) were found in the same room.

She also provides that he was spending the night at the house Xana shared with 4 other female housemates -- she was one of 5 girls sharing the home.

Last edited:
This was discussed extensively in the last thread. Reader's Digest version is that there are crimes in which it's possible someone in the house didn't hear the crime take place. Posters cited one in particular with a mother son in which the son didn't hear his mom being killed. I'm not familiar with that case so can't the names. If you want details, I'd look in the last thread, but the point is, it does happen.

The other theory is that the two other girls may have heard it, but were so scared that they locked their doors and hid, maybe in a closet or under the bed for hours. That has also been known to happen (see: Richard Speck case in which 8 nurses were killed and one survived by hiding for several hours before calling 911).

Bottom line, I don't think we'll know until they have a suspect and information starts being revealed.
Yes good point - nowhere is it said the other roommates didn’t hear anything. They certain could have heard something that they only understood the implications of the next day when the scene was discovered. If I hear something in the middle of the night in my house I get scared but if I was in a large college house where people come and go and bring friends over and hang out and get loud, I could write off a lot of sounds heard very late on a Saturday night.

I’m confused. Were the roommates home when the murders of four individuals occurred? I’m reading that in not quite MSM. It really changes things up for me.
Yes, the roommates were home when the 4 murders occured. Or at least that is my impression of what was said at the PC - the transcript is available a couple pages back.

I don't get the impression that LE was satisfied. The Chief said LE does not know why so much time elapsed between the incident and the 911 call. JMO.
Quoting again to say agreed as far as there's no statement that they're confident about, re. anyone there that day -- and the night before.
I don't think LE know who exactly was at that residence that evening/morning ?

It's more about what LE are not saying at this time.
This was why I had questions about other people, if LE are willing to state publicly that they're unsure, then it speaks volumes.
The police chief mentioned (paraphrased) '...people coming and going ...' , so it sounds like they have a large group of people they want to speak with ?
A daunting task.
M00.

Based on the photos we have, I believe the dripping blood spot on the house is on the back corner. I’ve circled it in orange. To see the wall, we’d actually need to be standing in the backyard. Along the side of the house in the background, I believe you can see this white (landscaping??). You can also match up the slope of the land. I’ve also circled the corresponding spots on the foundation image.
yes you can see the lights around the pole which are from the back of the house

Snipped by myself.

Quoting myself to say; that this video link describes the unknown male becoming upset that the students (--not the victims in this case, afaik ! ) were walking along the bike path and he felt they were either blocking his way, or not moving out of the way fast enough.
So he showed or threatened with a knife on his person.
Later turned himself in to the police and afaik , that is all we know.
Wonderful chap. :rolleyes:

A good way to get LE's attention even if you are innocent of committing any crimes !
Imo.

Last edited:
Thank you . Ok so that is right near the sliding door I think in the kitchen area on the 2nd floor

If those drippings are outside the kitchen it's more likely grease from
Thank you . Ok so that is right near the sliding door I think in the kitchen area on the 2nd floor

Here's the kitchen:

712ybq.jpg

I'd bet what was described as blood dripping down the outside of the house was actually grease or something from the sink or dishwasher. Unless they build houses incredibly cheaply, I find it difficult to believe blood could drip through a stick-built house with insulation to the outside.

Put me in the Daily Mail is sensationalism camp on that. Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase