ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's wise even if it wasn't a "party" house.

In a video of the victims posted in an early thread, they were doing imitations of each other. If I remember correctly, someone imitating X had her being concerned whether everyone had done their assigned chores that day and was holding a broom or mop. It made me think that X was likely an organized and tidy person.

As for someone asking why X's dad would have installed a new lock vs. a landlord taking care of it, my opinion is dad probably was going to do a better, faster job because it was for someone he loves vs. a rental company that would probably put it on a to-do list and might get around to it someday. It's also possible the rental company told them they could do it and submit a receipt for the new lock to them for reimbursement.

All MOO.
We had boys and we always checked security at their college rentals. We added locks as well as, security pins and wedges especially to sliding glass doors. We felt compelled by our love and hoped that our boys would use and apply security measures. That's the best we could do. Of course, we had Danny Rolling and Ted Bundy in recent memory when we focused on security.

It will take time, but I think they will eventually be able to move forward with their lives. I think they will realize at some point that this is what M and K would want for them, their happiness, and over time will heal and move forward with the right partner. I don't think love and happiness will evade them for a lifetime.
They are still quite young. This certainly will forever impact them but doesn’t necessitate that they will never “move on”

Why didn’t the murderer go downstairs? Why upstairs?
MOO: Because the murderer could see in the upstairs prior to the crime. The assailant had been looking in the sliding glass doors for awhile and saw the comings and goings of the upstairs residents. He could see what they were doing from time to time. Maybe the murderer looked in often enough that he felt like he knew the upstairs residents. (Like when we watch TV and feel like we know people) He could see them do mundane things like "twirl their hair" and stuff like that....

The murderer was drawn to what he could see.

The downstairs was an unknown. MOO MOO

So with neither a suspect nor person of interest named or known, according to the prosecutor, and the victims being young students living on or near campus, and their having been at a minimum being generally targeted, according to LE and the FBI's definition of targeting, and their being brutally murdered with knives while they likely slept, according to the coroner, then why doesn't the school have a curfew in place?

My opinion.
Can’t control off campus

I just listened to the Banfield interview with Xana's mother. My heart breaks for her. It is obvious that, for whatever reasons, none of which have anything to do with these murders, she has been kept in the dark even moreso than the other parents, and it is very apparent that despite any of the circumstances that may have prevented her from spending more time with her, she clearly loved her daughter very much. I hope she, as well as all of the other parents, can feel the love of so many people around the country, and even beyond. JMO

If Ethan's sibling(s) just showed up on 11/13/22 after a call from one of the alive roommates, why did the sibling car have to stay at crime scene and be hauled away with other cars that were parked at 1122 King House Sat night 11/12/22? Did other college students who were summoned park in 1122 parking lot or just Ethan's siblings? Has it been confirmed that the only people who had permission to sleep at 1122 King house night of 11/12/22 was 4 roommates and Ethan or were there other guests who crashed at the house or who had asked to crash at house or were partying after roommates went to bed? I am still baffled by no immediate call by 20/21 year olds to 911. Like what if one of the stabbing victims had not died yet from fatal stab?
It is impossible to make a call about something you didn't know happened because you werw sound asleep and/or didn't hear anything.

It isn't unusual for college kids to sleep in on weekends. I remember missing breakfast, which closed at 12, more often than not because I was still sleeping or not awake enough to get to the 'commons' for the meal.

I am also surmising that when they initially "summoned" (I believe they phoned) their friends, they were just trying to figure out why they couldn't get ahold of others in the house. It is possible that the ladder against the wall in earlier photos of the house could have been where someone climbed onto the roof to peer into a window to see why people weren't answering their phones or responding to phone calls. I believe that peek through the window was when they realized something was terribly wrong and called LE.

*edited for grammer*

Last edited:
“When someone has been stabbed in the lungs they cannot yell or scream in warning to others.” “The lungs make a good primary target to allow you to set up a second strike.”

Based on your old cop experience, what would you say that their statements about individuals being “cleared at this time” means?
They will usually start with an interview and alibi check. If things aren’t adding up they will begin affidavits for cell phones etc.
The initial interview can be very telling. Some folks are good liars, some are not. If you are one of those people who get nervous just talking to LE even if you haven’t done anything, and there are many, and then you say you were home alone all night, you might get another look by LE.
So, an individual who seems to be forthright and honest and has a good alibi, ie in a public place with witnesses, would likely be cleared at this time. If your alibi puts you in a bar on video, that’s great, but what if upon reviewing the entire video, LE realizes that there was an extended period where the person wasn’t actually seen? LE would likely bring you back in for questioning and look for inconsistencies in your statement.
I believe there will be some difficulty corroborating alibis for people given that the crime likely took place sometime between three and four in the morning.

I feel like if this person was associated with any of the victims, there would be an arrest by now. Too much time is going by.
I don't think so, LEO are skilled at deceptive questioning and interrogation. Most crimes are solved based on inconsistent answers to questions, when police question potential suspects, prior to reading them their rights to remain silent.

However, if a person obtains counsel, for any questions from the beginning, LEO won't have an opportunity to attempt to obtain any information, to investigate for discrepancies. The investigation has to be done using evidence to connect the person to the crime for an arrest. Far more difficult than getting a confession, or investigating alibis.

I am wondering if the police on the first night followed any footsteps? How could someone kill 4 people with a huge hunting knife and and not have a considerable amount of blood on themself. And could they have changed their clothes in the house and or showered? I havent heard anything about checknig drains for blood. And if they changed their clothes did police go thru the garbage cans and dumpstsers to see if there were any blood clothes in them? It just doesnst seem like they were very proactive in the beginning. And I hope they havent ruled out that the person who commited this crime could be involved in law enforcement. I have watched enough ID shows to know this does happen and should be overlooked. And how do we know there wasnt another person? Not for certain but its only been revealed there was 1 weapon the knife and I believe they can tell if the knife wounds are consistent by depth, angle, which hand etc.to know it was done by 1 person.

It just doesnst seem like they were very proactive in the beginning.

Please tell us with a link what they didn’t do in the beginning.

They will usually start with an interview and alibi check. If things aren’t adding up they will begin affidavits for cell phones etc.
The initial interview can be very telling. Some folks are good liars, some are not. If you are one of those people who get nervous just talking to LE even if you haven’t done anything, and there are many, and then you say you were home alone all night, you might get another look by LE.
So, an individual who seems to be forthright and honest and has a good alibi, ie in a public place with witnesses, would likely be cleared at this time. If your alibi puts you in a bar on video, that’s great, but what if upon reviewing the entire video, LE realizes that there was an extended period where the person wasn’t actually seen? LE would likely bring you back in for questioning and look for inconsistencies in your statement.
I believe there will be some difficulty corroborating alibis for people given that the crime likely took place sometime between three and four in the morning.
So glad to get insight from OldCop! Thank you!

How does everyone feel about KG's family's decision to not hold a funeral now? I'm the parent of a college senior myself and I certainly sympathize. However, I'm concerned if this case goes the way of Delphi and others I've followed lately they may be prolonging their grieving process. Can anyone speak to this in a professional capacity?

I think there are many ideas - some fueled by crime show myths, some fueled by “pop psychology” media, some fueled by religion/cultural mores - about how someone “should” grieve.

If the parents don’t want a funeral, now or ever, then there should not be a funeral. If any of us have “feelings” about what the parents of a dead child decide, we should not post them publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member