ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Search-and-rescue crews have still not found a trace of the missing child, which is leading family members to stick by their initial thought of an abduction.

snipped

"If a man was going to do it standing on the north side of that creek where the pine trees are, and the little boy on the other side of the creek. The creek is only about 4 feet wide it's not very big. They could have closed in on him. muffled his voice, muffled his mouth, and headed into the trees and he'd never be seen," he (DeOrr Kunz) said."

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...andfather-believes-boy-was-abducted/30321903/

It might be prudent for the dogs to go to the north side of the creek and see if they can pick up his scent along the bank. If DeOrr was abducted and was carried across the creek as the family seems to think, then the dogs should be able to pick up his scent from the north side.

JMO

http://pix11.com/2015/07/13/grandmother-of-missing-2-year-old-he-just-vanished/

Grandmother is TBC. She states, "My dad was standing their [sic] watching him and he turned his head and then (Deorr) was gone."

Obituary for TBC's mother (2009) states that she (TBC's mother) was preceded in death by her husband, who would be TBC's dad (and Deorr's great grandfather). If TBC's dad is deceased, the quote above makes no sense and he cannot have been camping with them. I am so confused.

perhaps TBC was long ago divorced from the g-gpa at the campgrounds.... And the Obit refers to a more recent husband?

:dunno:

Thats what I want to know too! Not much on this mystery friend. Do we even know if it is a male or female friend?

That is my question also... who is this 4th adult at the Kunz's campground and what were they doing when the child disappeared?

At 2.5 my son barely made a sound (speech delay.) He could climb to the very top of climbing structures made for much older children though. You cant generalise with kids imo.

If he wandered off, I think he'll be found in water.

If he didn't, I think he'll be found within a 1/2 hour walking radius of the campsite.

One big question I have is, why is the dad so insistent the sighting at the convenience store was when he took the child in there? If he was indeed abducted, it's possible whoever took him went in the store with him as well. If there was a different person on duty, they wouldn't have known the child had been there earlier, and maybe the police don't even realize it was two separate incidents?
That was my thought too! If someone said they saw a gentleman and younger blonde boy at around 6 pm he should have jumped at that being a possibility!! Instead he seemed to dismiss it and say it was him earlier in the day. Weird.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

perhaps TBC was long ago divorced from the g-gpa at the campgrounds.... And the Obit refers to a more recent husband?

As far as I understand it TBC is great grandpa's daughter.

I am not buying abduction. I think I would believe in some supernatural force before that. It just does not seem likely to me.

That was my thought too! If someone said they saw a gentleman and younger blonde boy at around 6 pm he should have jumped at that be a possibility!! Instead he seemed to dismiss it and say it was him earlier in the day. Weird.

This entire case is weird. The way the Sheriff is handling it is weird.

If it turns out to be an abduction, I think it was planned well in advance and the little boy was targeted.

JMO

Personally, I wouldn't read much into the "Dad" reference. In my family the Inlaws are often called "Dad" or "Mom" by the spouse. Some spouses even refer to one another as "Mom" and "Dad". It can be confusing.

I am not buying abduction. I think I would believe in some supernatural force before that. It just does not seem likely to me.

Sometimes abductions are a form of retaliation.

JMO

Personally, I wouldn't read much into the "Dad" reference. In my family the Inlaws are often called "Dad" or "Mom" by the spouse. Some spouses even refer to one another as "Mom" and "Dad". It can be confusing.

As far as I understand it TBC is great grandpa's daughter.
Yes. TBC is Jessica's mom and great grandpa is TBC's Dad.

The grandpa who was camping is Jessica's grandpa.

Someone posted an obit and it made it seem that this great grandfather was deceased. Obviously he isn't. But now the whole thought is not getting picked up with each comment so we got off track with what that was supposed to be about. Clear as mud, huh.

That was my thought too! If someone said they saw a gentleman and younger blonde boy at around 6 pm he should have jumped at that being a possibility!! Instead he seemed to dismiss it and say it was him earlier in the day. Weird.

Where exactly is that store? Is it near the campground? Thanks!

Where exactly is that store? Is it near the campground? Thanks!
It's about 10 miles but takes 40 mins. Bumpy gravel road. It is in Leadore.

I think it depends on the child. My four kids have all been climbers. Between 18-20 months, they all started dragging chairs to climb higher. We didn't keep much on tables or counters, we removed chairs from tables and secured them elsewhere, yet my kids still tried to climb. My kids have scaled dressers and closest shelves well before two years. At three years old, one of my sons was climbing over our privacy fence. I wouldn't exclude any nearby areas from the search!

(delurking)

I went into the kitchen one time and found my not-quite-three-year-old on top of the refrigerator to get to a toy she wasn't supposed to have. She had opened the door and used the shelves inside as a ladder to get up. The door closed behind her and left her stuck up there, but she was just sitting there playing with the toy...

That comment about the boy not walking without falling down bothers me, though. I think there's important information that hasn't come out yet...

Here's a map that shows Forest Rd 172 that is basically the only way in. You can see 172B which is the road that dad said he didn't know was there that goes up the mtn where you can look down on the reservoir and campground. 172A is the one not listed which would put you on the other side of the creek. I've always assumed they we're on the side by 172.

Eta: 172A does not put you on other side of creek.

525310254fffade505dde9373e7b7c2f.jpg

Those other kids keep getting mentioned, it's quite mysterious. Is it possible they are not her kids but cousins of DK Jr.? I haven't looked at her FB page yet. DK and JM have not mentioned any other kids, not once!

ETA: checked out her FB page and there are indeed a lot of pics of another 2 kids. Maybe they are 1/2 siblings to DK Jr. And live with another parent?

I have seen posts made by relatives on various comment pages that the other two children have a different father and were with him that weekend. I can't post a link since it was just random comments made when defending the parents from accusations. But I have seen it posted more than once, although consider it second hand and not confirmed. But I think that is probably a logical conclusion to make.

He was seen at a nearby store with his father on the day he went missing.

Do you know if that was confirmed? I was still left wondering, even after hearing the father comment on that in the unedited video. If it was him, it strikes me odd that the father would buy candy for his toddler 1 hour before their nap time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203